=== Jetpack by WordPress.com ===
Contributors: automattic, adamkheckler, aduth, akirk, allendav, alternatekev, andy, annezazu, apeatling, azaozz, batmoo, barry, beaulebens, blobaugh, cainm, cena, cfinke, chaselivingston, chellycat, csonnek, danielbachhuber, davoraltman, daniloercoli, designsimply, dllh, drawmyface, dsmart, dzver, ebinnion, eliorivero, enej, eoigal, erania-pinnera, ethitter, gcorne, georgestephanis, gibrown, goldsounds, hew, hugobaeta, hypertextranch, iammattthomas, iandunn, jacobshere, jblz, jeherve, jenhooks, jenia, jgs, jkudish, jmdodd, Joen, johnjamesjacoby, jshreve, koke, kraftbj, lamdayap, lancewillett, lschuyler, macmanx, martinremy, matt, matveb, mattwiebe, maverick3x6, mcsf, mdawaffe, michael-arestad, migueluy, mikeyarce, mkaz, nancythanki, nickmomrik, obenland, pento, professor44, rachelsquirrel, rdcoll, ryancowles, richardmuscat, richardmtl, roccotripaldi, samhotchkiss, scarstocea, sdquirk, stephdau, tmoorewp, tyxla, Viper007Bond, westi, yoavf, zinigor
Tags: Jetpack, WordPress.com, backup, security, related posts, CDN, speed, anti-spam, social sharing, SEO, video, stats
Stable tag: 5.2.1
Requires at least: 4.7
Tested up to: 4.8
The one plugin you need for stats, related posts, search engine optimization, social sharing, protection, backups, speed, and email list management.
== Description ==
Keep any WordPress site secure, increase traffic, and engage your readers.
= Traffic and SEO Tools =
Traffic is the lifeblood of any website. Jetpack includes:
* [free] Site stats and analytics
* [free] Automatic sharing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, and WhatsApp
* [free] Related posts
* [paid] Search engine optimization tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com
* [paid] Advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo
= Security and Backup Services =
Stop worrying about data loss, downtime, and hacking. Jetpack provides:
* [free] Brute force attack protection
* [free] Downtime and uptime monitoring
* [free] Secured logins and two-factor authentication
* [paid] Malware scanning, code scanning, and threat resolution
* [paid] Site backups, restores, and migrations
= Content Creation =
Add rich, beautifully-presented media -- no graphic design expertise necessary:
* [free] A high-speed CDN for your images
* [free] Carousels, slideshows, and tiled galleries
* [free] Simple embeds from YouTube, Google Documents, Spotify and more
* [free] Sidebar customization including Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds
* [free] Extra sidebar widgets including blog stats, calendar, and author widgets
* [paid] High-speed, ad-free, and high-definition video hosting
= Discussion and Community =
Create a connection with your readers and keep them coming back to your site with:
* [free] Email subscriptions
* [free] Comment login with Facebook, Twitter, and Google
* [free] Fully-customizable contact forms
* [free] Infinite scroll for your posts
= Expert Support =
We have an entire team of Happiness Engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or [contact us directly](https://jetpack.com/contact-support).
= Paid Services =
Most of Jetpack's features and services are free. Jetpack also provides advanced security and backup services, video hosting, site monetization, priority support, and more SEO tools in three [simple and affordable plans](https://jetpack.com/pricing?from=wporg).
= Get Started =
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Set up <a href="https://jetpack.com/install?from=wporg">the free plan</a> in minutes.
== Installation ==
= Automated Installation =
Installation is free, quick, and easy. [Install Jetpack from our site](https://jetpack.com/install?from=wporg) in minutes.
= Manual Alternatives =
Alternatively, install Jetpack via the plugin directory, or upload the files manually to your server and follow the on-screen instructions. If you need additional help [read our detailed instructions](https://jetpack.com/support/installing-jetpack/).
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Is Jetpack Free? =
Yes! Jetpack's core features are and always will be free.
These include: [site stats](https://jetpack.com/features/traffic/site-stats), a [high-speed CDN](https://jetpack.com/features/writing/content-delivery-network/) for images, [related posts](https://jetpack.com/features/traffic/related-posts), [downtime monitoring](https://jetpack.com/features/security/downtime-monitoring), brute force [attack protection](https://jetpack.com/features/security/brute-force-attack-protection), [automated sharing](https://jetpack.com/features/traffic/automatic-publishing/) to social networks, [sidebar customization](https://jetpack.com/features/writing/sidebar-customization/), and many more.
= Should I purchase a paid plan? =
Jetpack's paid services include automated backups, security scanning, spam filtering, video hosting, site monetization, SEO tools, and priority support.
If you're interested in learning more about the extra layers of protection and advanced tools available, learn more about our [paid plans](https://jetpack.com/pricing?from=wporg).
= Why do I need a WordPress.com account? =
Since Jetpack and its services are provided and hosted by WordPress.com, a WordPress.com account is required for Jetpack to function.
= I already have a WordPress account, but Jetpack isn't working. What's going on? =
A WordPress.com account is different from the account you use to log into your self-hosted WordPress. If you can log into [WordPress.com](https://wordpress.com), then you already have a WordPress.com account. If you can't, you can easily create one [during installation](https://jetpack.com/install?from=wporg).
= How do I view my stats? =
Once you've installed Jetpack your stats will be available on [WordPress.com/Stats](https://wordpress.com/stats), on the official [WordPress mobile apps](https://apps.wordpress.com/mobile/), and on your Jetpack dashboard.
= How do I contribute to Jetpack? =
There are opportunities for developers at all levels to contribute. [Learn more about contributing to Jetpack](https://jetpack.com/contribute) or consider [joining our beta program](https://jetpack.com/beta).
== Screenshots ==
1. Dashboard: Bird’s eye view of your site stats, status, and health.
2. Safety: Protect your site and data with powerful security services.
3. Engagement: Social sharing, likes, and related posts.
4. Analytics: Actionable site stats and traffic insights.
5. Traffic: SEO Tools for Google, Twitter, Facebook and more.
== Changelog ==
= 5.2.1 =
* Release date: August 2, 2017
* Release post: https://jetpack.com/?p=22686
* Solves an issue that caused widgets to lose their content when saved in WP Admin or Customizer.
= 5.2 =
* Release date: August 1, 2017
* Release post: https://jetpack.com/?p=22509
* Contact Forms now sports a fancy new interface that allows you to visually compose your form in the editor.
* We have a new and slick way to showcase and explain the features we recommend to activate to new users.
* Reduced 500kb from plugin zip file, which means faster updates.
* Refactored and reduced code for Comment Likes so it's faster and lighter.
* An inconsistency experienced in WordPress.com dashboard when Related Posts settings were set in the local site's WP Admin is now fixed.
* Fixed a 404 when loading Open Sans font from a stylesheet plus now it's only enqueued if it will be used.
* Solve PHP warnings when Image widget wasn't migrated.
= 5.1 =
* Release date: July 5th, 2017
* Release post: https://jetpack.com/?p=20888
* You and your readers can now show appreciation to particularly clever comments with the new Comment Likes feature.
* Quickly visit your current site's front-end directly from the Masterbar's new "View Site" item.
* Site data fetch from /me/sites REST API endpoint now includes `blog_public` in the list of returned options.
* The Flickr widget now automatically displays images in a grid if there's enough room.
* E-mail sharing is now disabled by default unless it's explicitly enabled by a filter or Akismet is active.
* Updated instructions in Flickr widget to reflect recent changes to the Flickr UI.
* EU Cookie Law Banner cookie no longer cached.
* WP Admin menu can now be accessed in mobile when Masterbar is displayed.
* We now sync the `order_id` for `order_items` in older WooCommerce versions.
* UI now handles VaultPress connection or registration problems gracefully.
* Photon now works correctly with images uploaded before WordPress 2.7.