blob: 7a33d1cb25a3a45750935872d6dc4cc7fe19b31a (plain
Adding or modifying code:
- If you add new code, best practice is to write a test for it.
- If you're modifying code that doesn't have a test and you can write a test
for it, please do.
- Before committing your changes to a python file, please make sure it passes
pylint --rcfile=pylintrc yourfile.py
- If pylint raises a warning or error that you don't agree with, it's probably
better to just change your code. If you're sure you have a good reason for
doing what you're doing, you can add an exception to our pylintrc.
Creating a release:
- Run Gentoolkit's test suite, make sure it passes:
- Create a tag for the release
- Set the version of the release:
VERSION="0.3.0" ./setup set_version
- Create a source distribution (you need to add VERSION here, too):
VERSION="0.3.0" ./setup.py sdist
- Reset svn version to 'svn' (default):
- Clean up temporary files:
./setup clean -a