blob: bc41bb467ece1ce4f76943c424926b7982372a59 (plain
Release Notes; upgrade information mainly.
Features/major bugfixes are listed in NEWS
* new cache framework, breaking all old cache modules.
If you're having problems with portage_db_cdb, this is likely the cause.
* USE flag output ordering has changed. The old ordering is now an option
by the name of --alphabetical. Adding the option to EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS
in make.conf will restore the old behaviour permanently.
* The deprecated --inject has been removed, use /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
* The deprecated --upgradeonly has been removed, use /etc/portage/package.*
* 'emerge sync' has been deprecated, use 'emerge --sync' instead (same
for other actions)
* Tools that call emerge should override the EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS environment
variable or use the emerge --ignore-default-opts option.
* rsync option handling has been redesigned, instead of RSYNC_* variables
use PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS from now on.
* autouse (use.defaults) has been deprecated by specifying USE_ORDER in make.defaults
Users may still turn this back on by specifying USE_ORDER="env:pkg:conf:auto:defaults"
in make.conf. Interested in figuring out what use flags were turned off? Check out
make.defaults in /usr/portage/profiles/base/use.defaults and other use.defaults files
that correspond to your profile.