TADS 3 FREEWARE SOURCE CODE LICENSE
The TADS 3 source code is Copyright 1998, 2003 by Michael J. Roberts.
The author hereby grants you permission to use, copy, and distribute
this software, if you agree to the following conditions:
1. You must include this license and the copyright notice with
2. You may not require or collect a fee for copies of this
software, or any part of this software, that you give to
3. You may not include this software with any other software
for which a fee is collected.
4. You may not modify this software except as permitted below
(see "derivative works"), and each copy you make and
distribute must be a full and complete copy of the software
you originally received.
5. Anyone to whom you give a copy of this software receives
all of the same permissions that you did under this license
and is subject to all of the same restrictions.
6. You are not allowed to create derivative works, which are
works that contain or are based on all or part of this work,
except under the conditions described below.
7. Any derivative works are subject to this same license.
This source code is distributed for the specific purpose of porting
TADS, so that you can run the software on any system of your choosing.
All other derivative works are prohibited without the written
permission of the author. I want to avoid the creation of variations
on the system, because it leads to confusion on the part of users if
there are multiple incompatible flavors floating around. However, if
you have a specific idea in mind, I'd be happy to at least consider
it. Please contact the author if you have any questions about this or
if you would like permission to create a derived work.
If you port TADS to a new platform, the author does grant permission
for you to distribute your ported version - I encourage it, in fact.
I ask that you include your contact information in any distribution
package you create, so that users of your version will know how to
contact you if they have any questions relating specifically to your