blob: 54bc70ee9f0d824abe4a2992ad8134f526549196 (plain
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE pkgmetadata SYSTEM "http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd">
Mayavi2 is a general purpose, cross-platform tool for 3-D scientific
data visualization. Its features include:
* Visualization of scalar, vector and tensor data in 2 and 3 dimensions.
* Easy scriptability using Python.
* Easy extendibility via custom sources, modules, and data filters.
* Reading several file formats: VTK (legacy and XML), PLOT3D, etc.
* Saving of visualizations.
* Saving rendered visualization in a variety of image formats.
* Convenient functionality for rapid scientific plotting via mlab
Mayavi2 has been designed with scriptability and extensibility in
mind. Mayavi2 provides a mayavi2 application which is usable by
itself. However, Mayavi2 may also be used as a plotting engine, in
scripts, like with matplotlib or gnuplot, as well as a library for
interactive visualizations in any other application. It may also be
used as an Envisage plug-in which allows it to be embedded in other
Envisage based applications natively.