RIVERBANK COMPUTING LIMITED LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SIP
1. This LICENSE AGREEMENT is between Riverbank Computing Limited ("Riverbank"),
and the Individual or Organization ("Licensee") accessing and otherwise using
SIP software in source or binary form and its associated documentation. SIP
comprises a software tool for generating Python bindings for software C and C++
libraries, and a Python extension module used at runtime by those generated
2. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, Riverbank
hereby grants Licensee a nonexclusive, royalty-free, world-wide license to
reproduce, analyze, test, perform and/or display publicly, prepare derivative
works, distribute, and otherwise use SIP alone or in any derivative version,
provided, however, that Riverbank's License Agreement and Riverbank's notice of
copyright, e.g., "Copyright (c) 2014 Riverbank Computing Limited; All Rights
Reserved" are retained in SIP alone or in any derivative version prepared by
3. In the event Licensee prepares a derivative work that is based on or
incorporates SIP or any part thereof, and wants to make the derivative work
available to others as provided herein, then Licensee hereby agrees to include
in any such work a brief summary of the changes made to SIP.
4. Licensee may not use SIP to generate Python bindings for any C or C++
library for which bindings are already provided by Riverbank.
5. Riverbank is making SIP available to Licensee on an "AS IS" basis.
RIVERBANK MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BY WAY
OF EXAMPLE, BUT NOT LIMITATION, RIVERBANK MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ANY
REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR
PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE OF SIP WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
6. RIVERBANK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER USERS OF SIP FOR ANY
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS AS A RESULT OF MODIFYING,
DISTRIBUTING, OR OTHERWISE USING SIP, OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF, EVEN IF
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
7. This License Agreement will automatically terminate upon a material breach
of its terms and conditions.
8. Nothing in this License Agreement shall be deemed to create any relationship
of agency, partnership, or joint venture between Riverbank and Licensee. This
License Agreement does not grant permission to use Riverbank trademarks or
trade name in a trademark sense to endorse or promote products or services of
Licensee, or any third party.
9. By copying, installing or otherwise using SIP, Licensee agrees to be bound
by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.