1. STANFORD grants to LICENSEE a nonexclusive and nontransferable license
to use, copy and modify the computer software ``mrouted'' (hereinafter
called the ``Program''), upon the terms and conditions hereinafter set
out and until Licensee discontinues use of the Licensed Program.
2. LICENSEE acknowledges that the Program is a research tool still in
the development state, that it is being supplied ``as is,'' without any
accompanying services from STANFORD, and that this license is entered
into in order to encourage scientific collaboration aimed at further
development and application of the Program.
3. LICENSEE may copy the Program and may sublicense others to use object
code copies of the Program or any derivative version of the Program.
All copies must contain all copyright and other proprietary notices found
in the Program as provided by STANFORD. Title to copyright to the
Program remains with STANFORD.
4. LICENSEE may create derivative versions of the Program. LICENSEE
hereby grants STANFORD a royalty-free license to use, copy, modify,
distribute and sublicense any such derivative works. At the time
LICENSEE provides a copy of a derivative version of the Program to a
third party, LICENSEE shall provide STANFORD with one copy of the source
code of the derivative version at no charge to STANFORD.
5. STANFORD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
By way of example, but not limitation, STANFORD MAKES NO REPRESENTATION
OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR
THAT THE USE OF THE LICENSED PROGRAM WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENTS,
COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER RIGHTS. STANFORD shall not be held liable
for any liability nor for any direct, indirect or consequential damages
with respect to any claim by LICENSEE or any third party on account of or
arising from this Agreement or use of the Program.
6. This agreement shall be construed, interpreted and applied in
accordance with the State of California and any legal action arising
out of this Agreement or use of the Program shall be filed in a court
in the State of California.
7. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring rights to
use in advertising, publicity or otherwise any trademark or the name
The mrouted program is COPYRIGHT 1989 by The Board of Trustees of
Leland Stanford Junior University.