SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
This is a legal agreement ("Agreement") between you, the end user ("User"), and Zurich Instruments ("ZI"), Zurich, Switzerland. By installing this software ("Software") you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, immediately stop with the installation of this software on your computer.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Zurich Instruments grants you a non-exclusive license to install and use the executable code of this Software. The intended use of this Software is in combination with an HF2, UHF or MF Series Instrument from Zurich Instruments. The use of this Software together with a different instrumentation is not covered by this grant. This Agreement will also govern any software upgrades provided by Zurich Instruments that replace and/or supplement the original Software, unless such upgrades are accompanied by a separate license, in which case the terms of that license will govern. The Software is licensed, not sold.
2. RESTRICTIONS. The User shall not modify, alter, distribute, rent, lease, reverse-engineer, reverse-compile, license or sublicense, or re-sale the Software or any portions of it.
3. TERMINATION. The license is effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any other time by deleting (de-installing) the Software and the related documentation from your computer. It will also terminate upon conditions set forth elsewhere in this Agreement or if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. You agree upon such termination to delete the Software together with the related documentation.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. This Product is owned by Zurich Instruments and is protected by Switzerland Laws and International Treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the software like any other copyrighted material (e.g. a book or musical recording) EXCEPT that you may make copies and install the software on any computer belonging to the same company, institution, or governement agency ("multiple-user license grant").
5. LIMITED WARRANTY. The Software is provided by Zurich Instruments "as is". ZI warrants that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written documentation. These warranties do not guarantee that the Software will perform error-free or uninterrupted, or that all errors in the Software and documentation will be corrected. These warranties are exclusive and take the place of all other express or implied warranties or conditions including warranties or conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose. ZI will provide updates (functionality extension and bug fixes) to the Software licensed hereunder in accordance with the internal release schedule. Neither party shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages, or any loss of profits, revenue, data, or data use deriving from the installation and use of this Software. This also holds if Zurich Instruments has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. GENERAL. If any provision of this Agreement is declared void or unenforceable by any judicial authority, this shall not nullify the remaining provisions of the Agreement which shall remain in full force and effect.
Copyright © Zurich Instruments AG