summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/2015
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorRobin H. Johnson <robbat2@gentoo.org>2015-10-18 14:10:02 -0700
committerRobin H. Johnson <robbat2@gentoo.org>2015-10-18 14:10:02 -0700
commit40e8f34579d4c4c3ccdddc6edbf2d4840671cff2 (patch)
treea60cd666f5322e4969305fc1e273b1917b287952 /2015
parentAdd logs for abandoned meetings of July & August due to no quorum. (diff)
downloadfoundation-40e8f34579d4c4c3ccdddc6edbf2d4840671cff2.tar.gz
foundation-40e8f34579d4c4c3ccdddc6edbf2d4840671cff2.tar.bz2
foundation-40e8f34579d4c4c3ccdddc6edbf2d4840671cff2.zip
Add log of October meeting.
Signed-off-by: Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@gentoo.org>
Diffstat (limited to '2015')
-rw-r--r--2015/meeting-10-18-2015.txt176
1 files changed, 176 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2015/meeting-10-18-2015.txt b/2015/meeting-10-18-2015.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..9e7a090
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2015/meeting-10-18-2015.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,176 @@
+18:59 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to open the Oct 18, 2015 Gentoo Trustees meeting
+18:59 <@NeddySeagoon> Roll call
+--- Log closed Sun Oct 18 19:00:19 2015
+--- Log opened Sun Oct 18 19:00:19 2015
+19:00 <@SwifT> I'm here
+19:00 <@NeddySeagoon> SwifT: _robbat2|irssi antarus
+19:00 < _robbat2|irssi> present
+19:00 <@NeddySeagoon> antarus: ...
+19:01 < antarus> present
+19:01 <@NeddySeagoon> We have a quorum. antarus can catch up, so lets start.
+19:02 <@NeddySeagoon> I'm logging but I need to learn git to actually post logs. Just as I learned to add files to CVS too.
+19:02 <@NeddySeagoon> Can someone else post logs pleas?
+19:02 < _robbat2|irssi> yes
+19:02 <@NeddySeagoon> +e
+19:03 <@NeddySeagoon> thank- _robbat2|irssi
+19:03 <@NeddySeagoon> 3 Old Business
+19:03 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: New Treasurer and account details
+19:03 <@NeddySeagoon> Did you make contact with Matt ?
+19:04 < _robbat2|irssi> quantumsummers has not responded to any of my contact means
+19:04 < _robbat2|irssi> 3 emails and two voicemails :-(
+19:04 <@NeddySeagoon> :(
+19:04 <@NeddySeagoon> That makes things difficult
+19:05 < antarus> I am flying to Michigan in November; I could make a pit stop
+19:05 <@NeddySeagoon> antarus: Sounds like its worth while making the offer.
+19:06 <@NeddySeagoon> Activity Tracker ...
+19:06 <@NeddySeagoon> Our IRS 990 is due mid November
+19:06 < _robbat2|irssi> antarus: yes, if he does NOT respond, could you please get the chequebook from him and any other physical financial papers?
+19:06 <@NeddySeagoon> I thinx dabbott did it last year ... but thats from memery
+19:07 <@SwifT> no, quantumsummers did the IRS one afaik
+19:07 < antarus> I thought dabbot said he filed
+19:07 < _robbat2|irssi> dabbot filed the new-mexico stuff
+19:07 <@NeddySeagoon> Ah .. ok
+19:07 <@SwifT> last year Matthew mailed that he did the 990 in september-ish somewhere
+19:07 <@NeddySeagoon> We need to reach Matt before 15 Nov then.
+19:08 < _robbat2|irssi> i dug through email, i cannot find copies of our prior 990 filings at all
+19:08 < antarus> I won't be on that side of the country before then unless I make a trip just for this
+19:08 < _robbat2|irssi> so I don't have anything to go on for making another one
+19:08 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: I don't recall ever seeing them
+19:08 < antarus> can we file an extesnion for the 990?
+19:09 < antarus> we can get a 3 month extension
+19:09 < antarus> possibly filed online
+19:09 < _robbat2|irssi> we need to get our EIN number to do that
+19:09 < antarus> "Use Form 8868 to request an automatic 3-month extension of time to file Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF and also to apply for an additional (not automatic) 3-month extension if needed."
+19:09 <@NeddySeagoon> I can write ... pen, paper ... air mail to Matt if that will help
+19:09 < _robbat2|irssi> i can't find that either
+19:09 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: our EIN in in past Email. I have it somewhere
+19:10 <@NeddySeagoon> I'll dig it out.
+19:10 < antarus> I don't htink I have it
+19:10 < _robbat2|irssi> not that i've seen it in email
+19:10 < antarus> possibly we log all the email to trustees@ no?
+19:10 < antarus> is it in the archives?
+19:11 < _robbat2|irssi> my personal archive is pretty complete, but i'll consult the formal archive as well
+19:11 <@NeddySeagoon> It was early 2008, I think. In the stuff Grant passed over. May be buried in a PDF
+19:12 <@NeddySeagoon> Our NM stuff is good. Report due Nov-15-2016
+19:13 <@NeddySeagoon> Moving on ...
+19:13 < _robbat2|irssi> hey, is the knowledge system that matt set up years ago still around?
+19:13 < _robbat2|irssi> might it be in there?
+19:13 <@NeddySeagoon> antarus I guess you are slaking, like me. huihoo.com wrapping gentoo website and adding ads
+19:14 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: It might be
+19:15 < antarus> i have done nothing on that bit
+19:15 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: Financial records ... care to provide a statement forr the log?
+19:15 <@NeddySeagoon> antarus: :)
+19:17 < _robbat2|irssi> i want to wrap up converting the historical data, and then i'll be posting account summaries to the wiki publically
+19:17 < _robbat2|irssi> hopefully in the next few days
+19:17 < _robbat2|irssi> as i'll be on vacation for the last week of the month
+19:18 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: Thank you.
+19:19 <@NeddySeagoon> Should I write to Matt?
+19:19 <@NeddySeagoon> snail mail?
+19:19 < _robbat2|irssi> can you make a letter that more than one of us can sign
+19:19 < _robbat2|irssi> and i'll sent it to him as registered mail?
+19:20 * NeddySeagoon is slacking wrt Gentoo OVH Release 2
+19:20 < _robbat2|irssi> cheaper from here than the UK i suspect
+19:20 < _robbat2|irssi> that way we know he'll get it
+19:20 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: sure. I have foundations letterhead, we can have several signatures if you want
+19:21 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: I can PDF it wint a space for your signature ... hown that?
+19:21 <@NeddySeagoon> hows*
+19:21 < _robbat2|irssi> yes please
+19:21 < _robbat2|irssi> as the new treasurer, i should sign it
+19:22 < _robbat2|irssi> and you as president
+19:22 <@NeddySeagoon> OK. It will be Tue or Wed. Tomorrow is spoken for
+19:22 <@NeddySeagoon> ok. I'll send you a draft to approve
+19:22 < _robbat2|irssi> i'll leave you notes in a chat quickly
+19:23 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: OK.
+19:23 <@NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers ... we need to move all this stuff to _robbat2|irssi
+19:24 < _robbat2|irssi> i don't know his status on any of them :-(
+19:24 <@NeddySeagoon> SwifT: Hows the Gentoo Trademark License Agreement going with getting the e.V. on board?
+19:25 <@SwifT> no feedback at all since a few months sadly
+19:25 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: Its pretty difficult if hes not answering calls.
+19:25 <@SwifT> I'll do a last mail with sping to see if it is still worth waiting
+19:25 <@NeddySeagoon> That works
+19:25 <@NeddySeagoon> New Business ...
+19:26 <@NeddySeagoon> Meetings Calendar dabbot has attached it to the agenda. Do we want to move tha Fathers day meeting?
+19:27 <@NeddySeagoon> Thats June 19
+19:27 < _robbat2|irssi> i'm just scanning my calender
+19:27 <@SwifT> doesn't need to be moved for me, we don't take fathers day that serious here :P
+19:28 <@NeddySeagoon> I'm good with them all. My bairn predates fathers day :)
+19:28 < antarus> I don't plan that far ahead
+19:28 < antarus> ;)
+19:28 <@NeddySeagoon> hehe
+19:28 < _robbat2|irssi> i don't need it moved
+19:28 < _robbat2|irssi> and I have no other conflicts yet
+19:29 <@NeddySeagoon> Vote
+19:29 <@NeddySeagoon> aye
+19:29 <@SwifT> aye
+19:30 < _robbat2|irssi> aye
+19:30 <@NeddySeagoon> The calendar is adopted
+19:30 <@NeddySeagoon> Trademark Considerations
+19:30 < antarus> aye
+19:31 < antarus> better late than never on my vote!
+19:31 <@NeddySeagoon> "Genfleetoo" (by email to the trustees) ... as an installer for Gentoo.
+19:31 <@SwifT> I'm okay with "Genfleetoo" for that guy's project. It doesn't contain the name per se
+19:31 < _robbat2|irssi> brb afk
+19:31 <@NeddySeagoon> I don't think there is any confusion, so I see no reason to deny the request
+19:33 <@NeddySeagoon> IF the project gets off the ground, we will see help requests on the Forums anyway
+19:33 <@NeddySeagoon> antarus: ?
+19:34 < antarus> I think it matters only if he tries to market it as an official Gentoo thing
+19:34 < antarus> but I'm not too worried about the name
+19:35 <@NeddySeagoon> We can ask for the usual disclaimer ... its not an offcial project and he cannot use our logo.
+19:36 <@NeddySeagoon> I'll write to him on that basis.
+19:36 <@SwifT> he can use the logo in a referential context but not for his project's logo
+19:36 <@SwifT> as in, use the logo as a link to our site and such
+19:36 < antarus> sure
+19:36 <@NeddySeagoon> SwifT: Correct.
+19:37 <@NeddySeagoon> Nent up ...
+19:37 <@NeddySeagoon> Gentoo Foundation <--- Not us
+19:37 <@SwifT> the link on the agenda is to a site that tries to find / track companies, but there's no identification that I see that it would be an IT company?
+19:37 <@NeddySeagoon> Its a dormant UK IT company operating from the same address as the Gentoo Housing Association.
+19:38 <@NeddySeagoon> I screwed up the link then
+19:38 <@NeddySeagoon> https://www.linkedin.com/company/gentoo-foundation
+19:38 <@NeddySeagoon> likewhoa reported it
+19:39 <@SwifT> aha
+19:40 < antarus> ha
+19:40 <@NeddySeagoon> As they are in the UK I'll drop them a wee ditty. I suspect its a company the Gentoo Housing Association set up then never used.
+19:40 < _robbat2|irssi> back, door knockers for tommorow's election
+19:40 <@NeddySeagoon> I'll share a draft on the alias
+19:40 <@SwifT> NeddySeagoon: yes, dropping them a mail or so to ask for some more clarification and such, and inform them about us already might be sufficient
+19:41 < antarus> sgtm
+19:41 <@SwifT> NeddySeagoon: be gentle though, afaik our trademark and company is on US territory only (the other trademark is by Gentoo e.V.)
+19:41 <@NeddySeagoon> SwifT: If they can use google, they can't miss us :)
+19:42 <@NeddySeagoon> SwifT: Sure. I'll just point out the confusion. You can veto the letter before its sent if you want :)
+19:43 <@SwifT> I don't do vetos, I "gently persuade people" ;)
+19:43 <@NeddySeagoon> Heh
+19:43 <@NeddySeagoon> Membership Applications ...
+19:43 <@NeddySeagoon> Three devs.
+19:43 <@NeddySeagoon> Vote for all three please
+19:43 <@SwifT> aye, aye and aye
+19:43 <@NeddySeagoon> Aye.
+19:44 <@NeddySeagoon> antarus: hold your hand up :)
+19:44 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi:
+19:44 < antarus> aye
+19:44 < _robbat2|irssi> aye
+19:45 < antarus> 3x aye
+19:45 < antarus> if that wasn't clear
+19:45 <@NeddySeagoon> Carried. I'll welrome our new members.
+19:45 <@NeddySeagoon> Date of Next Meeting - 15 Nov 2015 19:00 UTC
+19:45 <@NeddySeagoon> Thats Winter Time for me
+19:46 <@NeddySeagoon> We end DST a week today
+19:46 <@SwifT> good
+19:46 < antarus> I sh ould be around then
+19:46 < antarus> but I have to run now, to finish errands before my lfight
+19:46 < antarus> anything else you need from me?
+19:46 <@NeddySeagoon> antarus: have a safe flight
+19:47 <@NeddySeagoon> Responsibilities
+19:47 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: will do the log.
+19:47 * NeddySeagoon will do the mails. Both sorts
+19:48 <@NeddySeagoon> the motions page can probably wait for dabbott to settle in
+19:48 <@NeddySeagoon> Open Floor ...
+19:49 <@NeddySeagoon> Hmm. I missed Any other business
+19:49 <@NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: SwifT ? I have none.
+19:49 < _robbat2|irssi> none from me
+19:49 <@SwifT> no AoB here either
+19:50 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to close the meeting
+19:50 <@NeddySeagoon> Thank you gentlemen
+19:50 <@SwifT> you too, good night
+19:50 <@NeddySeagoon> good night
+--- Log closed Sun Oct 18 20:00:44 2015