summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/2015
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2015-06-21 17:35:30 -0400
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2015-06-21 17:35:30 -0400
commit41f5e84675b5711d8981740aa17bdcab9ce7484c (patch)
tree7f2d501ed925f3c0ad49f062a7baabc56b61c099 /2015
parentadded 2012 financial report (diff)
downloadfoundation-41f5e84675b5711d8981740aa17bdcab9ce7484c.tar.gz
foundation-41f5e84675b5711d8981740aa17bdcab9ce7484c.tar.bz2
foundation-41f5e84675b5711d8981740aa17bdcab9ce7484c.zip
Added motions from 20150621 trustee meeting and log
Diffstat (limited to '2015')
-rw-r--r--2015/meeting-06-21-2015.log236
1 files changed, 236 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2015/meeting-06-21-2015.log b/2015/meeting-06-21-2015.log
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..1152c30
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2015/meeting-06-21-2015.log
@@ -0,0 +1,236 @@
+Jun 21 15:30:02 * NeddySeagoon bangs the virnual gavel to open the Jun meeting of the Gentoo Foundation Inc. trustees.
+Jun 21 15:30:10 <NeddySeagoon> Roll call
+Jun 21 15:30:20 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: quantumsummers
+Jun 21 15:30:21 * quantumsummers present
+Jun 21 15:31:36 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: we need one more for a quarum
+Jun 21 15:31:58 <Betelgeu1e> here
+Jun 21 15:32:31 <NeddySeagoon> Betelgeu1e: thatk you.
+Jun 21 15:32:49 * Betelgeu1e is now known as Betelgeuse
+Jun 21 15:32:49 * NeddySeagoon gives channel operator status to Betelgeuse
+Jun 21 15:32:53 * NeddySeagoon gives channel operator status to antarus
+Jun 21 15:33:12 * orwell.freenode.net gives channel operator status to Betelgeuse
+Jun 21 15:33:29 <NeddySeagoon> OK, lets start.
+Jun 21 15:33:41 <dabbott> I have the log
+Jun 21 15:33:47 <Betelgeuse> NeddySeagoon: Maybe shouldn't trust without ops :)
+Jun 21 15:33:55 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: thank you
+Jun 21 15:33:59 <Betelgeuse> even if that also is quite weak security
+Jun 21 15:34:24 <NeddySeagoon> Betelgeuse: Good point.
+Jun 21 15:34:33 <_robbat2|irssi> hi
+Jun 21 15:34:42 <NeddySeagoon> Hi _robbat2|irssi
+Jun 21 15:34:59 <NeddySeagoon> Activity Tracker
+Jun 21 15:35:04 <dabbott> hi _robbat2|irssi and Betelgeuse
+Jun 21 15:36:21 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: we have our logo and trademark renewals with fenwicks to take care of do you have the time or do we need someone else to take care of it?
+Jun 21 15:36:58 <quantumsummers> I do have time to initialize the process. I would like to have someone along for the ride.
+Jun 21 15:37:11 <quantumsummers> It was generally painless the last time.
+Jun 21 15:37:21 <quantumsummers> few phone calls, writing a check ...
+Jun 21 15:37:51 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: SwifT offered. Does it need paper docs exchanged?
+Jun 21 15:38:25 <quantumsummers> May have to sign something
+Jun 21 15:38:51 <_robbat2|irssi> aside from the signing part, i'm in the same timezone as lawyers if that helps
+Jun 21 15:38:52 <NeddySeagoon> That will be a pain for SwifT as hes in the EU
+Jun 21 15:39:15 <_robbat2|irssi> (and I intend to run again in the next trustees election)
+Jun 21 15:39:16 <quantumsummers> If we can make schedules work, let's have SwifT and _robbat2|irssi join
+Jun 21 15:39:31 <quantumsummers> thank you both for offering
+Jun 21 15:39:56 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: sure. Wil you be checking your gentoo email?
+Jun 21 15:40:06 <quantumsummers> Yes.
+Jun 21 15:40:15 <quantumsummers> likely only 2x per day though
+Jun 21 15:40:40 <NeddySeagoon> That works then. We have communications for coordination.
+Jun 21 15:41:16 <quantumsummers> I am also reachable by txt msg for thing
+Jun 21 15:41:23 <NeddySeagoon> 2x /day is plenty. That you for the offer _robbat2|irssi. We are pleased ta accept
+Jun 21 15:41:41 <quantumsummers> I jacked up my irssi setup and have not figured out the fix
+Jun 21 15:42:01 <_robbat2|irssi> since i'm not a trustee presently, I can't sign the current doc, but i'm sure we can make it happen regardless
+Jun 21 15:42:22 <quantumsummers> also, I am about to commit some things to the repo _robbat2|irssi noted in his 15 June email
+Jun 21 15:42:42 <quantumsummers> _robbat2|irssi: good thing to experience anyway, interesting process
+Jun 21 15:42:42 <Betelgeuse> What are the rules fo signing on behalf of the Foundation?
+Jun 21 15:43:04 <quantumsummers> I don't recall the rules.
+Jun 21 15:43:18 <quantumsummers> Likely officer of the corporation
+Jun 21 15:43:19 <NeddySeagoon> Betelgeuse: It depends what it is.
+Jun 21 15:43:27 <quantumsummers> perhaps requires american citizenship
+Jun 21 15:43:42 <_robbat2|irssi> from doing similar, it needs to be somebody listed on last NMPRC official filing
+Jun 21 15:43:57 <NeddySeagoon> Cheques - the bank needs your signature on file
+Jun 21 15:45:04 <NeddySeagoon> We are short on american citizens ...
+Jun 21 15:45:24 <quantumsummers> there are dabbott, antarus, and I currently, I believe.
+Jun 21 15:45:39 <quantumsummers> This is not a concern for us, I dont believe.
+Jun 21 15:45:43 <NeddySeagoon> and rich0 is stll an officer
+Jun 21 15:45:46 <Betelgeuse> NeddySeagoon: In Finland the government would maintain rules (based on rules of the entity and legislation) on the people who can sign on any matter
+Jun 21 15:45:54 <quantumsummers> ah, yes, rich0.
+Jun 21 15:45:58 * antarus is here
+Jun 21 15:46:05 <quantumsummers> :)
+Jun 21 15:46:56 <antarus> service at brunch was awful, caused my tardiness ;p
+Jun 21 15:47:13 <antarus> on the plus side, quantumsummers is here, yay!
+Jun 21 15:47:26 <antarus> anyway, don't let my arrival stop the meeting, soldier on ;)
+Jun 21 15:47:58 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: We are due to file accounts in November. Will you be able to support that? You cant't have much free time and its Fathers day today to too!
+Jun 21 15:48:47 <quantumsummers> I am preparing to hand off banking, etc statements to CPA at the end of the month. I will be able to participate in the filing, certainly.
+Jun 21 15:49:11 <quantumsummers> I also have much of the data/documentation discussed in the recent 15 June email from _robbat2|irssi
+Jun 21 15:49:23 <quantumsummers> I am going to commit directly.
+Jun 21 15:49:28 <quantumsummers> to the repo, that is
+Jun 21 15:49:37 <Betelgeuse> There was an email to trustees that the previous filings wouldn't be in order
+Jun 21 15:49:42 <Betelgeuse> Was this bogus?
+Jun 21 15:49:47 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: Sounds like you have been busy with Gentoo too :) Thatnk you
+Jun 21 15:50:06 <quantumsummers> I just downloaded a bunch of our statements online, and I have an archive
+Jun 21 15:50:30 <quantumsummers> I dont know what you are referring to Betelgeuse
+Jun 21 15:50:33 <_robbat2|irssi> Betelgeuse: which email?
+Jun 21 15:50:43 <NeddySeagoon> Betelgeuse: The quartery redacted info on the Wiki is out of date. Our legal filing is all good
+Jun 21 15:51:02 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: A email from council
+Jun 21 15:51:14 <quantumsummers> The one from blueness?
+Jun 21 15:51:20 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: yes
+Jun 21 15:51:44 <dabbott> They just want an overview not item by iten afaik
+Jun 21 15:51:54 <quantumsummers> I think we are fine. We should post some updated docs.
+Jun 21 15:52:09 <quantumsummers> could certainly use some help in making a page
+Jun 21 15:52:11 <Betelgeuse> quantumsummers: will you respond?
+Jun 21 15:52:20 <_robbat2|irssi> quantumsummers: I can make pages of it
+Jun 21 15:52:25 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: yes. It was prompted by a discussion at the last council meeting, which I missed.
+Jun 21 15:52:29 <quantumsummers> _robbat2|irssi: is your offer ... yes! thank you!
+Jun 21 15:52:50 <dabbott> this is good https://projects.gentoo.org/foundation/finances/2012-Gentoo-Financials.pdf just need it for 2013 2014 etc
+Jun 21 15:52:50 <_robbat2|irssi> it'd be in the responsibilities of what I proposed of my June 15th email
+Jun 21 15:53:00 <quantumsummers> Since this is generally public, I can state our current balances as of last Friday.
+Jun 21 15:53:19 <quantumsummers> _robbat2|irssi: Your proposal has my support.
+Jun 21 15:53:28 <quantumsummers> Shall I post the balances here?
+Jun 21 15:53:42 <_robbat2|irssi> yes; FY2015 closes in a week as well
+Jun 21 15:53:42 <NeddySeagoon> Sould we discuss _robbat2|irssi off er nom or just vote ?
+Jun 21 15:53:43 <Betelgeuse> ok for me (at least it gets logged)
+Jun 21 15:54:11 <quantumsummers> _robbat2|irssi: yes, I have most of the work towards the required docs finished
+Jun 21 15:54:21 <quantumsummers> statements and all that
+Jun 21 15:54:32 <quantumsummers> I also have one csv from our largest account
+Jun 21 15:54:36 <quantumsummers> that is the last 13 months
+Jun 21 15:54:36 * NeddySeagoon motions tha the Foundation accepts _robbat2|irssi offer of June 15
+Jun 21 15:55:12 <Betelgeuse> NeddySeagoon: seconded
+Jun 21 15:55:21 <NeddySeagoon> Vote please
+Jun 21 15:55:24 <NeddySeagoon> Aye
+Jun 21 15:55:27 <Betelgeuse> aye
+Jun 21 15:55:34 <quantumsummers> aye
+Jun 21 15:55:37 <antarus> aye
+Jun 21 15:55:43 <NeddySeagoon> Carried
+Jun 21 15:55:59 <NeddySeagoon> Thank you for the offer _robbat2|irssi
+Jun 21 15:56:05 <_robbat2|irssi> for the logs, since the actual details of the offer were only in email
+Jun 21 15:56:27 <_robbat2|irssi> I'd like to ask
+Jun 21 15:56:28 <_robbat2|irssi> about a potential side position of "Treasury Assistant (Bookkeeping)".
+Jun 21 15:56:28 <_robbat2|irssi> Objectives:
+Jun 21 15:56:28 <_robbat2|irssi> - To keep the data flowing
+Jun 21 15:56:28 <_robbat2|irssi> - ensure that MORE than one person always has access to the bank
+Jun 21 15:56:30 <_robbat2|irssi> details, so that we're never stuck if the primary is unable to handle
+Jun 21 15:56:33 <_robbat2|irssi> requests for an extended period of time.
+Jun 21 15:56:35 <_robbat2|irssi> - Provide data to the accountants for tax purposes
+Jun 21 15:56:37 <_robbat2|irssi> Qualifications:
+Jun 21 15:56:39 <NeddySeagoon> Do we need to sort out any details here and now?
+Jun 21 15:56:40 <_robbat2|irssi> - I'm already trusted with the paypal password to pay infra bills.
+Jun 21 15:56:42 <_robbat2|irssi> - I've used Ledger for 5+ years
+Jun 21 15:56:46 <_robbat2|irssi> we can do that later
+Jun 21 15:56:51 <Betelgeuse> _robbat2|irssi: thanks
+Jun 21 15:56:52 <quantumsummers> the current is (70, 15, 17).sum().unit(10^3 USD)
+Jun 21 15:57:02 <_robbat2|irssi> i was posting that so it's logged with the motion
+Jun 21 15:57:11 <_robbat2|irssi> so 102k USD
+Jun 21 15:57:13 <quantumsummers> ~102K
+Jun 21 15:57:25 <antarus> jesus
+Jun 21 15:57:29 <dabbott> _robbat2|irssi: if you need any grunt work let me know :)
+Jun 21 15:57:47 <quantumsummers> note I will transfer ~10K from paypal into the money market close to 13 June
+Jun 21 15:57:50 <quantumsummers> err 31 June
+Jun 21 15:57:58 <_robbat2|irssi> we must have had a really profitable year somewhere
+Jun 21 15:58:03 <_robbat2|irssi> in the last 3
+Jun 21 15:58:15 <_robbat2|irssi> because prior to that, we had a net of 3-5K/year
+Jun 21 15:58:27 <NeddySeagoon> OK lets sort the details out outside of the meeting
+Jun 21 15:58:41 * antarus is with NeddySeagoon on that one ;)
+Jun 21 15:59:01 <NeddySeagoon> Anything else from the activity tracker?
+Jun 21 15:59:15 <Betelgeuse> not from me
+Jun 21 15:59:21 <dabbott> trustee election today is the recording date
+Jun 21 15:59:34 <NeddySeagoon> yep
+Jun 21 16:00:02 <NeddySeagoon> Annual Report - New Mexico - Nothing until after the AGM
+Jun 21 16:00:10 <NeddySeagoon> Trustee Elections
+Jun 21 16:00:12 <dabbott> Betelgeuse and SwifT are up for reelection
+Jun 21 16:00:26 <_robbat2|irssi> we missed on on the tracker
+Jun 21 16:00:29 <_robbat2|irssi> we need to send out the AGM email
+Jun 21 16:00:40 <_robbat2|irssi> since it requires 60 days notice
+Jun 21 16:00:45 <dabbott> I can do that
+Jun 21 16:00:57 <NeddySeagoon> Any new members on board today get to vote. We will need the members list updated after the meeting closes.
+Jun 21 16:01:02 <dabbott> yes one
+Jun 21 16:01:25 <dabbott> I will update the list
+Jun 21 16:01:40 <antarus> thanks dabbott
+Jun 21 16:01:52 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: and drop non voting (ex)members too
+Jun 21 16:02:14 <quantumsummers> Sorry, but I am going to have to leave to take care of kids in ~2 mins. Is there anything else I can help with?
+Jun 21 16:02:20 <quantumsummers> Please, if you need me for any reason and I am not responding quickly enough, please call me or text msg me. My number is in the contact email thread.
+Jun 21 16:02:44 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: Thank you
+Jun 21 16:02:54 <_robbat2|irssi> quantumsummers: follow up with me to get that stuff committed and handover details later?
+Jun 21 16:02:58 <quantumsummers> sorry I cannot stay longer
+Jun 21 16:03:05 <_robbat2|irssi> yeah, afk baby moments happen
+Jun 21 16:03:06 <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: to drop people I need the records from the election, maybe next time
+Jun 21 16:03:13 <quantumsummers> _robbat2|irssi: yes. I will commit some thing shortly.
+Jun 21 16:03:22 <_robbat2|irssi> dabbott: I think I have those from running the election
+Jun 21 16:03:44 <dabbott> current list is on the wiki https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Gentoo_Foundation_20150412_Member_List
+Jun 21 16:04:02 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: huihoo.com wrapping gentoo website ... You were going to talk with other distros
+Jun 21 16:04:27 <antarus> hasn't happened
+Jun 21 16:04:31 <antarus> I am the worst trustee ever
+Jun 21 16:04:41 <dabbott> quantumsummers: thanks :) nice seeing you :P
+Jun 21 16:04:53 <quantumsummers> nice seeing you all too
+Jun 21 16:04:58 <NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: there was no election last year. Candidates were returned unopposed
+Jun 21 16:05:00 <antarus> quantumsummers: good to hear from you again
+Jun 21 16:05:00 <quantumsummers> I will try very hard to be around more.
+Jun 21 16:05:11 <quantumsummers> I'll def be back later tonight
+Jun 21 16:05:21 <quantumsummers> since it's fathers day, I get a hack night :)
+Jun 21 16:05:30 <NeddySeagoon> quantumsummers: hehe
+Jun 21 16:05:35 <_robbat2|irssi> NeddySeagoon: there's always an infra person to help run the election if any, so we have the records from that
+Jun 21 16:06:08 <NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: yep. We need the records from the last two elections
+Jun 21 16:06:16 <Betelgeuse> quantumsummers: as long as we get to enjoy you monthly I am satisfied :)
+Jun 21 16:06:24 <quantumsummers> ah, thanks :)
+Jun 21 16:06:25 <NeddySeagoon> :)
+Jun 21 16:06:36 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: huihoo.com wrapping gentoo website ... You were going to talk with other distros
+Jun 21 16:06:36 <quantumsummers> pushed "drop of 2014-2015 data and statements from CapitalOne360 account, formerly ING" to the repo
+Jun 21 16:06:55 <NeddySeagoon> Betelgeuse: Gentoo Copyright Policy ?
+Jun 21 16:06:56 * quantumsummers has to go, cheerrs!
+Jun 21 16:06:57 <dabbott> _robbat2|irssi: would be nice to have a script to figure out the people to drop
+Jun 21 16:07:11 <Betelgeuse> NeddySeagoon: no progress as noted earlier
+Jun 21 16:07:47 <NeddySeagoon> Now I don't feel so bad :) Gentoo OVH Release 2 No progress.
+Jun 21 16:08:12 <antarus> lol
+Jun 21 16:08:19 <NeddySeagoon> swift isn't around
+Jun 21 16:08:26 <NeddySeagoon> Bugs
+Jun 21 16:09:18 <NeddySeagoon> Do we need to discuss and bugs right now?
+Jun 21 16:10:13 <_robbat2|irssi> i see our bugs link is broken too
+Jun 21 16:10:37 <NeddySeagoon> so it seems
+Jun 21 16:11:31 <NeddySeagoon> I'll take that as a no ... moving on
+Jun 21 16:11:53 <dabbott> I will send out the email for the AGM today so + 60 days, the meeting will be Aug 23?
+Jun 21 16:11:58 <NeddySeagoon> New Business
+Jun 21 16:12:25 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: Its Aug 16 in the calendar
+Jun 21 16:12:31 <NeddySeagoon> Missing financial reports
+Jun 21 16:12:45 <dabbott> But thats not + 60 days
+Jun 21 16:13:01 <NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: will take care of those once quantumsummers has made the info available
+Jun 21 16:13:29 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: :( Lets discuss at AoB
+Jun 21 16:13:55 <Betelgeuse> dabbott: "Notice stating the place, date and hour of the meeting and in the case of a special meeting, the purpose or purposes for which the meeting is called, shall be delivered not less than ten (10) nor more than sixty (60) days before the date of the meeting. "
+Jun 21 16:14:09 <Betelgeuse> dabbott: Seems we are fine for 16th
+Jun 21 16:14:24 <dabbott> sounds good to me :)
+Jun 21 16:14:40 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: so we are all good :)
+Jun 21 16:15:00 <dabbott> yes thanks sorry for the hijack
+Jun 21 16:15:04 <NeddySeagoon> Membership Applications
+Jun 21 16:15:05 <_robbat2|irssi> Betelgeuse: that's a special meeting, the tracker item says greater than 60 days for the AGM
+Jun 21 16:15:30 <Betelgeuse> _robbat2|irssi: that's for both
+Jun 21 16:16:00 <_robbat2|irssi> ok, i'll fix the tracker
+Jun 21 16:16:03 <NeddySeagoon> We hve one dev application Jason Zaman "perfinion"
+Jun 21 16:16:15 <NeddySeagoon> I vote yes
+Jun 21 16:16:47 <antarus> aye'
+Jun 21 16:16:56 <Betelgeuse> aye
+Jun 21 16:17:02 <NeddySeagoon> Carried
+Jun 21 16:17:18 <NeddySeagoon> Date of Next Meeting - 19 July 2015 19:00 UTC
+Jun 21 16:17:25 <dabbott> I will send him the email
+Jun 21 16:17:28 <NeddySeagoon> back to our usual time
+Jun 21 16:17:45 <antarus> mmm
+Jun 21 16:17:55 <Betelgeuse> wfm
+Jun 21 16:18:03 <NeddySeagoon> wfm
+Jun 21 16:18:10 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: ???
+Jun 21 16:18:47 <antarus> that weekend is bad for me
+Jun 21 16:19:05 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: make us an offer ...
+Jun 21 16:19:20 <antarus> sorry, checking my cal
+Jun 21 16:19:47 <antarus> I can likely do the weekend before or after
+Jun 21 16:19:56 <antarus> just that one, I have a bachelor party ;p
+Jun 21 16:20:25 <Betelgeuse> I am in Paris the week before
+Jun 21 16:20:29 <NeddySeagoon> Ican't do the weekend before, so how about 26 Jul 2015 19:00 UTC
+Jun 21 16:20:32 <Betelgeuse> week after is better
+Jun 21 16:20:49 <NeddySeagoon> 26 Jul 2015 19:00 UTC ?
+Jun 21 16:20:53 <NeddySeagoon> wfm
+Jun 21 16:20:54 <Betelgeuse> wfm
+Jun 21 16:20:55 <antarus> wfm
+Jun 21 16:21:00 <NeddySeagoon> Carried
+Jun 21 16:21:17 <NeddySeagoon> Responsibilities .. all yours dabbott
+Jun 21 16:21:17 <_robbat2|irssi> doesn't work for me, not being a trustee again yet I can skip it ;-)
+Jun 21 16:21:35 <NeddySeagoon> _robbat2|irssi: :) "yet"
+Jun 21 16:22:02 <NeddySeagoon> Open Floor ...
+Jun 21 16:22:30 <dabbott> For the election 4 weeks of nominations followed by the election?
+Jun 21 16:22:56 <dabbott> I will email the dates to the alias for review
+Jun 21 16:22:58 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: a few days in the middle for preparing the ballot -yes
+Jun 21 16:23:34 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to close the meeting