summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/2016
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-02-21 17:36:49 -0500
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-02-21 17:36:49 -0500
commitb8d1bcafcafe3ac94d078b9007d5578002a1e49c (patch)
tree6659ffe03cfcac4e348550e9b74f741397c0632e /2016
parentMotions page for 2016 (diff)
downloadfoundation-b8d1bcafcafe3ac94d078b9007d5578002a1e49c.tar.gz
foundation-b8d1bcafcafe3ac94d078b9007d5578002a1e49c.tar.bz2
foundation-b8d1bcafcafe3ac94d078b9007d5578002a1e49c.zip
log for Feb meeting
Diffstat (limited to '2016')
-rw-r--r--2016/meeting-20160221-log.txt183
1 files changed, 183 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2016/meeting-20160221-log.txt b/2016/meeting-20160221-log.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..f889cae
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2016/meeting-20160221-log.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,183 @@
+Feb 21 14:00:04 * NeddySeagoon bangs the virtual gavel to open the Feb 2016 Gentoo Foundation Trustees meeting
+Feb 21 14:00:13 <NeddySeagoon> Roll call
+Feb 21 14:00:21 <SwifT> I'm here
+Feb 21 14:00:22 <robbat2> present
+Feb 21 14:00:24 <dabbott> here
+Feb 21 14:00:24 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: SwifT robbat2 dabbott
+Feb 21 14:01:00 <NeddySeagoon> Missing antarus ... we have a quorum, lets start
+Feb 21 14:01:14 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: do you have the log ?
+Feb 21 14:01:20 <dabbott> yes sir
+Feb 21 14:01:47 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: Thanks. I've never tried git yet :(
+Feb 21 14:02:08 <NeddySeagoon> Activity Tracker
+Feb 21 14:02:14 <robbat2> then the time is soon, because i'll want eyeballs on some docs
+Feb 21 14:02:43 <robbat2> per the tracker and paperwork I got from quantumsummers, we have NOT yet filed the affirmation of use on our logo trademark
+Feb 21 14:02:44 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: OK.
+Feb 21 14:02:54 <NeddySeagoon> It looks like there is noting due.
+Feb 21 14:03:10 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2 Your turn
+Feb 21 14:03:18 <NeddySeagoon> Treasurer handover status
+Feb 21 14:03:19 <robbat2> our taxes are due actually, which I do have things to say on
+Feb 21 14:03:27 <robbat2> matthew finally sent me a box...
+Feb 21 14:03:46 <robbat2> however, it was mostly comprised of trademark & copyright paperwork from our past lawyers
+Feb 21 14:04:06 <robbat2> the ONLY financial items in it, were:
+Feb 21 14:04:34 <robbat2> 3 bank statements, for random months in the last 3 years; one bank tax form; and the chequebook
+Feb 21 14:05:02 <NeddySeagoon> ... and you acn't use the gheque book yet :(
+Feb 21 14:05:48 <robbat2> i have been trying to do some digging into status to figure out, without any carryover paperwork
+Feb 21 14:05:58 <robbat2> what tax filings we have to do, and I hit an interesting question
+Feb 21 14:06:02 <robbat2> that was also asked by somebody else
+Feb 21 14:06:21 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: Do you have the CPA contact details ?
+Feb 21 14:06:29 <robbat2> as it stands, RIGHT NOW, what proof do we have of what type of corporation we are?
+Feb 21 14:06:36 <robbat2> no, i did not get any CPA contact info from him
+Feb 21 14:07:05 <robbat2> we're not a 501(c)(3); and I can't find any record that we filed for existence as a 501(c)(6) either
+Feb 21 14:07:15 <NeddySeagoon> You mean 501? or profit/non-profit?
+Feb 21 14:07:42 <NeddySeagoon> We have not filed for 501 anything as far as I know
+Feb 21 14:08:10 <NeddySeagoon> Not since 2008 anyway.
+Feb 21 14:08:19 <dabbott> robbat2: just our filling with NM as a not for profit
+Feb 21 14:08:21 <robbat2> the original IRS response that gave us our EIN would be helpful for us to know what we actually are
+Feb 21 14:08:28 <robbat2> in terms of federal corporations
+Feb 21 14:09:09 <robbat2> why this matters, is figuring out what taxes paperwork we have to file
+Feb 21 14:09:15 <robbat2> and what our tax right might be
+Feb 21 14:09:18 <NeddySeagoon> Unless thats in the scans from Grant, we don't have it.
+Feb 21 14:09:29 <robbat2> it's not in them as far as I've seen
+Feb 21 14:09:42 <robbat2> i've tried to get every PDF from the trustees email box into Git
+Feb 21 14:09:48 <robbat2> and made notes on a few
+Feb 21 14:10:24 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: was one of the original 13 trustees ...
+Feb 21 14:10:52 <SwifT> I'll go through whatever e-mails I might have left of that time, but it's a long long time ago
+Feb 21 14:11:00 <robbat2> SwifT: do you have ANY pdfs or useful emails prior to 2008/01/12
+Feb 21 14:11:19 <dabbott> Could the EIN been carried over from drobbins
+Feb 21 14:11:27 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: anything and everything 2004 to early 2008 would be good
+Feb 21 14:11:47 <SwifT> extracting the archive as we speak
+Feb 21 14:12:23 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: Unlikely. He was not on the original board. The Foundation wan formed as a part of his Gentoo exit stratergy
+Feb 21 14:12:54 <robbat2> there was one email in 2008 that suggested the EIN was issued as a result of being created as a 501(c)(6)
+Feb 21 14:12:58 <robbat2> but I can't find any record of that
+Feb 21 14:13:48 <robbat2> anyway, this part of paperwork is a big old mess
+Feb 21 14:14:01 <robbat2> and I think matthew didn't do much on it because he inherited the mess from tsunam
+Feb 21 14:14:10 <robbat2> and possible from there to grant
+Feb 21 14:14:19 <NeddySeagoon> I recall that was the original intent. Since I wal on the board, that got changed to (c)3 and Matt had a CPA working on the application
+Feb 21 14:14:55 <robbat2> anyway, this is turning into a ramble; so i'll list next steps
+Feb 21 14:15:18 <robbat2> 1. letter(s) to banks to change over the signatories on the accounts
+Feb 21 14:15:43 <NeddySeagoon> Yep
+Feb 21 14:15:50 <robbat2> 2. talking to paypal again; as despite filing exactly what they asked for, they won't let us change grant's name on the account still
+Feb 21 14:16:09 <robbat2> complete resolution of #2 might have to wait until #1 is done, so we can use the name on the account as "better" proof
+Feb 21 14:16:24 <dabbott> They want a document with my name on it from the bank, was the latest
+Feb 21 14:16:47 <NeddySeagoon> Will Paypal take a letter from the board?
+Feb 21 14:16:48 <dabbott> to change it to my name as contact
+Feb 21 14:17:03 <robbat2> NeddySeagoon: we gave them a letter signed by both dabbott and myself
+Feb 21 14:17:05 <robbat2> as directors
+Feb 21 14:17:17 <NeddySeagoon> ok
+Feb 21 14:17:22 <robbat2> which is listed as one of their things
+Feb 21 14:17:44 <robbat2> the last reason listed was "name on letter does not match existing name on account"
+Feb 21 14:17:54 <NeddySeagoon> Has the papermork been reviewed by a real person?
+Feb 21 14:18:04 <robbat2> supposedly
+Feb 21 14:18:12 <robbat2> signed their name as "Krishna"
+Feb 21 14:18:15 <dabbott> different people each time
+Feb 21 14:18:32 <NeddySeagoon> Yuck
+Feb 21 14:18:43 <robbat2> yeah
+Feb 21 14:18:55 <dabbott> I think once we get the bank fixed it will go through
+Feb 21 14:19:16 <dabbott> you have to submit all the documents each time
+Feb 21 14:19:18 <NeddySeagoon> That would be a lot easier if Matt helped out
+Feb 21 14:19:34 <robbat2> i can find no record that Matt ever tried to have it changed to his name
+Feb 21 14:19:36 <dabbott> i learned that much, nothing seems to carry over
+Feb 21 14:19:55 <dabbott> he changed the address to his
+Feb 21 14:20:14 <NeddySeagoon> tsunam neither.
+Feb 21 14:20:27 <robbat2> dabbott: the PDFs you sent with your driver's license, utility bill, SSN pieces; may I get a copy of those (ideally in the repo), for paperwork uses?
+Feb 21 14:20:32 <robbat2> encrypted I recommend
+Feb 21 14:20:51 <dabbott> sure
+Feb 21 14:21:12 <robbat2> one of the changes that might be needed in the bank bit, is that we have to get the bank invoices going to dabbott
+Feb 21 14:21:20 <robbat2> so that the address on them matches the rest of the paypal pieces
+Feb 21 14:21:25 <robbat2> at least for the short term
+Feb 21 14:21:45 <robbat2> so name & address of utility bill matches name & address of bank statement
+Feb 21 14:22:06 <dabbott> you can make me asst, treasure if needed
+Feb 21 14:22:25 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: That works
+Feb 21 14:22:31 <robbat2> you're the secretary of the foundation, that should be enough.
+Feb 21 14:22:42 <dabbott> ok
+Feb 21 14:23:02 <robbat2> anyway, bank changes next, then returning to paypal
+Feb 21 14:23:32 <dabbott> yep
+Feb 21 14:23:36 <NeddySeagoon> Will the Paypal account stay alive while we are talking to them?
+Feb 21 14:24:05 <robbat2> i think so, but that is pending them reviewing the other document
+Feb 21 14:24:15 <robbat2> there are three paypal pieces in flight
+Feb 21 14:24:27 <NeddySeagoon> OK
+Feb 21 14:24:31 <robbat2> 1. the organization review they started (it has one document marked pending review)
+Feb 21 14:24:38 <robbat2> 2. changing the contact name
+Feb 21 14:24:51 <robbat2> 3. an old outstanding request to get a paypal debit mastercard
+Feb 21 14:25:04 <robbat2> #2 was triggered by #1
+Feb 21 14:25:23 <robbat2> #3 seems to be re-activacted by account status stuff changing
+Feb 21 14:25:36 <dabbott> They want info from Grant to prove his id
+Feb 21 14:25:54 <robbat2> if we do get the account fixed to dabbott's name, the mastercard would be a more useful way of spending the money
+Feb 21 14:26:03 <NeddySeagoon> I think the Mastercard was for infra but it all got too difficult
+Feb 21 14:26:16 <robbat2> unless the AMEX that quantumsummers tried to set up actually exists
+Feb 21 14:26:23 <robbat2> that was an AMEX actually
+Feb 21 14:27:11 <NeddySeagoon> AMEX ... its really hard work to get that accepted in the UK because its so expensive for retailers
+Feb 21 14:27:26 <robbat2> yes, hence the mastercard being a better idea I think
+Feb 21 14:27:40 <robbat2> last item of mine on the agenda, was the SFC donation
+Feb 21 14:27:48 <robbat2> matthew never did write the cheque
+Feb 21 14:27:50 <NeddySeagoon> Is it worth trying to talk to Matt to help out?
+Feb 21 14:28:09 <robbat2> i think he is too unresponsive to be of any use
+Feb 21 14:28:21 <robbat2> other than his promise to send me more stuff when he moves house and finds anything
+Feb 21 14:28:36 <NeddySeagoon> The CPA contact details would be useful.
+Feb 21 14:28:46 <robbat2> ok, i'll include that in an email to him
+Feb 21 14:29:02 <robbat2> the CPA (non-profit filing & taxes) & AMEX are pieces I know he must have
+Feb 21 14:29:16 <robbat2> let's continue the rest of the meeting now
+Feb 21 14:29:48 <NeddySeagoon> The CPA has most of our 501 applicion prepared and has been looking after our tax filings ... accoring to Matt
+Feb 21 14:29:53 <dabbott> I never saw anything from CPA, don't think there is one imho
+Feb 21 14:30:15 <dabbott> hope i am wrong
+Feb 21 14:30:21 <NeddySeagoon> Me too.
+Feb 21 14:30:38 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: Financial records ... anything to add?
+Feb 21 14:31:19 <robbat2> i'm going to publish the new summary balances this week; with a note that prior stuff may be wrong, and needs to be reviewed as to why
+Feb 21 14:31:25 <robbat2> brb
+Feb 21 14:31:29 <robbat2> (continue without me)
+Feb 21 14:31:38 * Received a CTCP ACTION from NeddySeagoon (to #gentoo-trustees)
+Feb 21 14:32:35 <NeddySeagoon> Gentoo OVH Release 2. I've not done anything on this. My advice to users has always been to scrap it and install properly
+Feb 21 14:33:34 <NeddySeagoon> swift You get a 'bye. This was postponed for several months. Unless there has been a surprise.
+Feb 21 14:33:44 <NeddySeagoon> Bugs
+Feb 21 14:34:12 <SwifT> nah no surprises, finishing thesis so I can get back to gentoo work in march ;)
+Feb 21 14:35:15 <NeddySeagoon> You will be Doctor SwifT ?
+Feb 21 14:35:51 <NeddySeagoon> I can't see the arm64 bug.
+Feb 21 14:36:15 <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: its waiting on banking for funds etc
+Feb 21 14:36:29 <NeddySeagoon> Bug 575236
+Feb 21 14:36:32 <willikins> NeddySeagoon: https://bugs.gentoo.org/575236 "equipment request: aarch64 dev box"; Gentoo Infrastructure, Dev box issues; CONF; vapier:trustees
+Feb 21 14:37:12 <NeddySeagoon> It would be good to look at other options, if there are any. Just to make sure its good value for money.
+Feb 21 14:37:48 <dabbott> robbat2: said in a email he was talking to HP also
+Feb 21 14:37:55 <NeddySeagoon> yep
+Feb 21 14:38:02 <dabbott> so on hold for now
+Feb 21 14:38:34 <NeddySeagoon> I'm not against it. Its just a due dillegence thing on behalf of our members.
+Feb 21 14:38:59 <NeddySeagoon> Its not copied to trustees@
+Feb 21 14:39:42 <robbat2> which is not copied to trustees?
+Feb 21 14:39:44 <NeddySeagoon> Oh it is ... by bugs surch leaves a lot to be desired.
+Feb 21 14:39:44 <robbat2> the bug is
+Feb 21 14:40:25 <robbat2> (i have a toddler with a cold, who is very congested)
+Feb 21 14:40:35 <NeddySeagoon> Any more for any more on bugs?
+Feb 21 14:40:52 <dabbott> no
+Feb 21 14:40:56 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: look after your wee one
+Feb 21 14:41:24 <NeddySeagoon> Trademark Considerations
+Feb 21 14:41:47 <NeddySeagoon> "Genfleetoo" I've seen nothing on this over the last month
+Feb 21 14:42:05 <dabbott> I will remove it from agenda
+Feb 21 14:42:05 <robbat2> weren't you going to email them?
+Feb 21 14:42:32 <NeddySeagoon> Gentoo Foundation. A dormant UK IT company. I was going to email them ... still dormant
+Feb 21 14:43:41 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: We need to get it resolved. "Genfleetoo" want to use a distorted purple G logo. We can't permit that.
+Feb 21 14:44:27 <NeddySeagoon> Cleanup Date of Next Meeting - 20 March 2016 19:00 UTC...
+Feb 21 14:44:42 <dabbott> fine here
+Feb 21 14:44:50 <robbat2> good with me
+Feb 21 14:45:22 <NeddySeagoon> I may not be able to make that. I will have a 300mile drive just beforehand. Its my mothers 87th Birthday the day before.
+Feb 21 14:45:50 <robbat2> 300mi? doesn't that put you in the atlantic?
+Feb 21 14:46:00 <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: how about 27
+Feb 21 14:46:03 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: Its South :)
+Feb 21 14:46:07 <dabbott> fine here
+Feb 21 14:46:25 <NeddySeagoon> 27th Works. or go without me
+Feb 21 14:46:42 <dabbott> robbat2: SwifT 27th ok
+Feb 21 14:47:04 <NeddySeagoon> OK, lets do 27 March 19:00 UTC as always
+Feb 21 14:47:19 <NeddySeagoon> Who will post the log? ... dabbott
+Feb 21 14:47:28 <dabbott> got it :)
+Feb 21 14:47:28 <NeddySeagoon> No motions.
+Feb 21 14:47:37 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: will email MAtt
+Feb 21 14:47:41 <robbat2> i might have toddler that day if my wife goes away the weekend, but otherwise it's good
+Feb 21 14:47:52 <NeddySeagoon> Open Floor
+Feb 21 14:48:16 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: without the congestion I hope
+Feb 21 14:48:47 <NeddySeagoon> I missed AoB
+Feb 21 14:48:53 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: ?
+Feb 21 14:49:04 <dabbott> none here thanks
+Feb 21 14:49:11 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: ?
+Feb 21 14:49:20 <robbat2> nil
+Feb 21 14:49:23 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: ?
+Feb 21 14:49:38 <NeddySeagoon> None from me.
+Feb 21 14:50:29 <NeddySeagoon> I'll take that as note from SwifT
+Feb 21 14:50:31 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to close the meeting