summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/2016
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-11-20 15:35:49 -0500
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-11-20 15:35:49 -0500
commitdad562bc195cd28254df0beb1d8bfc7c9d203f29 (patch)
treefa3f2c4315d0f7358c1f92d79c27044d49502195 /2016
parentupdated motions for Nov Meeting (diff)
downloadfoundation-dad562bc195cd28254df0beb1d8bfc7c9d203f29.tar.gz
foundation-dad562bc195cd28254df0beb1d8bfc7c9d203f29.tar.bz2
foundation-dad562bc195cd28254df0beb1d8bfc7c9d203f29.zip
added log for Nov Meeting
Diffstat (limited to '2016')
-rw-r--r--2016/meeting-20161120-log.txt308
1 files changed, 308 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2016/meeting-20161120-log.txt b/2016/meeting-20161120-log.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..43a9374
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2016/meeting-20161120-log.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,308 @@
+Nov 20 14:00:01 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to open the November 2016 Gentoo Foundation Inc, trustees meeting.
+Nov 20 14:00:04 <prometheanfire> dabbott|irssi: hi
+Nov 20 14:00:07 <NeddySeagoon> Roll call ...
+Nov 20 14:00:15 <prometheanfire> here
+Nov 20 14:00:20 <robbat2> present
+Nov 20 14:00:27 <SwifT> here
+Nov 20 14:00:44 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott:
+Nov 20 14:00:50 <antarus> present
+Nov 20 14:01:33 <NeddySeagoon> We have a quorum ... have logs but I've never got thu hang of git :(
+Nov 20 14:02:05 <NeddySeagoon> Lets start ...
+Nov 20 14:02:07 <NeddySeagoon> Old Business
+Nov 20 14:02:29 <NeddySeagoon> Activity Tracker
+Nov 20 14:02:51 <robbat2> nothing other than the 990, which is best handled by the ongoing IRS stuff
+Nov 20 14:03:05 <NeddySeagoon> Do we need an extension?
+Nov 20 14:03:10 <prometheanfire> domain renewals?
+Nov 20 14:03:23 <prometheanfire> oh, that's 2017
+Nov 20 14:04:06 <NeddySeagoon> IRS Status Report
+Nov 20 14:04:32 <robbat2> dabbott|irssi: did you get an response to the last mailing yet?
+Nov 20 14:05:48 <robbat2> for the record, we filed a big pile of 4506-T forms to get data back from the IRS
+Nov 20 14:05:57 <NeddySeagoon> as dabbott and dabbott|irssi didn't answer roll call, hes probably not around.
+Nov 20 14:06:02 <NeddySeagoon> Lets move on
+Nov 20 14:06:17 <robbat2> the forms should have gone out shortly after october 30th
+Nov 20 14:06:39 <robbat2> objective there is to get a listing of everything we ever have filed or recieved from the IRS
+Nov 20 14:07:30 <NeddySeagoon> yep. do we want to wait for the response or file for a 990 extension anyway?
+Nov 20 14:07:50 <robbat2> i think we should file for this year's auto-extension
+Nov 20 14:08:09 <NeddySeagoon> Sounds good. Who does that?
+Nov 20 14:08:13 <robbat2> (we've filed the max extensions for last year already)
+Nov 20 14:08:22 <robbat2> dabbott would be it
+Nov 20 14:08:38 <NeddySeagoon> OK. Action on dabbott
+Nov 20 14:08:46 <NeddySeagoon> Elect President ... we have four voters and two candidates.
+Nov 20 14:09:07 <NeddySeagoon> Do you want to go ahead now or wait for dabbott ?
+Nov 20 14:09:34 <robbat2> if we dissent, he could become the deciding vote
+Nov 20 14:09:36 <prometheanfire> I will be abstaining from this vote
+Nov 20 14:09:38 <SwifT> we can go ahead now and if needed (split votes) wait for dabbott's vote?
+Nov 20 14:10:00 <robbat2> hmm, actually, just 3 voters
+Nov 20 14:10:04 <NeddySeagoon> OK. we have 3 voters then
+Nov 20 14:10:17 <prometheanfire> since I'm a candidate
+Nov 20 14:10:47 <robbat2> prometheanfire: would you vote for yourself? or do you feel alicef's offering is better?
+Nov 20 14:10:48 <NeddySeagoon> All in favour of alicef for president, please say Aye
+Nov 20 14:11:05 <robbat2> Aye
+Nov 20 14:11:17 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: ?
+Nov 20 14:11:18 <prometheanfire> robbat2: not answering during a vote
+Nov 20 14:11:27 <SwifT> NeddySeagoon: my vote goes to prometheanfire
+Nov 20 14:11:48 <NeddySeagoon> And for prometheanfire ?
+Nov 20 14:11:52 <antarus> aye
+Nov 20 14:11:57 <SwifT> aye
+Nov 20 14:12:37 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: congratulations. You have been elected President of the Gentoo Foundation Inc.
+Nov 20 14:12:39 <prometheanfire> does this constitute quorum? (since we didn't get 3/5 of the total trustees)
+Nov 20 14:12:49 <NeddySeagoon> alicef: There is lots for you to do too.
+Nov 20 14:13:10 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: the meeting is quorate
+Nov 20 14:13:11 <prometheanfire> ya, I think alicef would be good for an officer position at least
+Nov 20 14:13:16 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: yarp
+Nov 20 14:13:31 <alicef> ok
+Nov 20 14:13:58 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: would you like me to run the rest of the meeting, or will I pass the gavel to you now?
+Nov 20 14:14:11 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: yes please
+Nov 20 14:14:18 <NeddySeagoon> ok
+Nov 20 14:14:18 <prometheanfire> the former
+Nov 20 14:15:09 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: Treasurer Report ... I guess that waiting for the IRS responses ?
+Nov 20 14:15:26 <prometheanfire> robbat2: bank update?
+Nov 20 14:16:39 <robbat2> treasurer report: aside from getting more deprecation entries, I need to fix a value for the Hyves physical hardware donation to infra from 2015 (it was a lot of hardware), then i'll be publishing what I can (a redaction script would be very handy)
+Nov 20 14:17:25 <robbat2> mail-scanning: waiting for a phone response from the two shortlist, then i'll go with one this week
+Nov 20 14:17:34 <robbat2> bank: goes live after the mail-scanning is active
+Nov 20 14:17:49 <robbat2> "live" -> prometheanfire can take the forms with the final mailign address
+Nov 20 14:17:57 <prometheanfire> right
+Nov 20 14:17:59 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: we don't get to use either as a PA address do we
+Nov 20 14:18:15 <robbat2> PA? do you mean registered agent?
+Nov 20 14:18:29 <NeddySeagoon> sorry, yes RA
+Nov 20 14:18:44 <robbat2> correct, neither of them are usable as registered agents
+Nov 20 14:18:52 <robbat2> not without lots of extra paperwork filing
+Nov 20 14:18:57 <robbat2> to be recognized in those states
+Nov 20 14:19:16 <NeddySeagoon> Lets not do that unless we get pushed
+Nov 20 14:19:36 <prometheanfire> agreed
+Nov 20 14:19:37 <robbat2> largest danger now is that we end up moving mailing address again, and have to carry the costs of two mail services for a while
+Nov 20 14:19:45 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: D&O insurance
+Nov 20 14:19:45 <robbat2> which I think is a managable risk
+Nov 20 14:19:52 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: agreed
+Nov 20 14:19:55 <antarus> we have enough income for that
+Nov 20 14:20:44 <prometheanfire> D&O insurance: with robbat2's assistance the application form has been completed. The only update to the form I'm doing is for contact info (adding myself) and a spelling mistake
+Nov 20 14:21:14 <NeddySeagoon> Sounds good. This will get us a quote.
+Nov 20 14:21:15 <prometheanfire> I'll be mailing (email) the form in tomorrow
+Nov 20 14:21:25 <antarus> they don't require fax? :p
+Nov 20 14:21:45 <NeddySeagoon> heh
+Nov 20 14:21:45 <prometheanfire> there's a reason why PSF went with them I guess :P
+Nov 20 14:22:02 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: Robbat2's email (moving comrel, infra and pr under foundation)
+Nov 20 14:23:37 <prometheanfire> Robbat2's email (moving comrel, infra and pr under foundation): The summary is to explore the possibly of reorging gentoo's metastructure
+Nov 20 14:24:02 <NeddySeagoon> working with rich0 for starters.
+Nov 20 14:24:20 <NeddySeagoon> alicef: in also interested in this topic
+Nov 20 14:24:25 <NeddySeagoon> is*
+Nov 20 14:24:29 <prometheanfire> I'll be writing that up this week using rich0 as a sounding board (planned), and asking for feedback from council and nfp
+Nov 20 14:24:38 <rich0> prometheanfire++
+Nov 20 14:24:41 <prometheanfire> ah, I'll work with her as well then
+Nov 20 14:25:24 <NeddySeagoon> She has before/after diagrams that will be useful
+Nov 20 14:25:26 <prometheanfire> the current 'plan' in my head is one overarching board, combining council and trustees with subcomittees/groups for various functions
+Nov 20 14:25:30 <kensington> what about asking for feedback from the teams affected, too?
+Nov 20 14:25:33 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: yep, I've saved that link
+Nov 20 14:25:55 <antarus> I suspect that is the role of the council
+Nov 20 14:26:01 <antarus> since they are the head of the developers
+Nov 20 14:26:07 <prometheanfire> kensington: that'd be everyone, but ya, once the proposal is more mature going to -dev would be fun for some bikesheding
+Nov 20 14:26:10 <prometheanfire> antarus: yep
+Nov 20 14:26:32 <NeddySeagoon> heh
+Nov 20 14:26:39 <prometheanfire> anyway, that's the short of it
+Nov 20 14:27:09 <NeddySeagoon> What about the /r/Gentoo subreddit. (Trademark)
+Nov 20 14:27:28 <antarus> are we done with the prev item?
+Nov 20 14:27:34 <prometheanfire> antarus: I'm done with it
+Nov 20 14:27:37 <antarus> ok
+Nov 20 14:27:42 <antarus> next then ;)
+Nov 20 14:27:51 <NeddySeagoon> What about the /r/Gentoo subreddit. (Trademark)
+Nov 20 14:28:12 <prometheanfire> social media: the main question I have here is 'do we want to enforce our coc on reddit/g+/etc?
+Nov 20 14:28:28 <prometheanfire> I'm aware this could fall under pr and comrel and just want us to clarify that
+Nov 20 14:28:58 <antarus> I worry about staffing for such
+Nov 20 14:29:04 <NeddySeagoon> I don't think we can police the internet and social media has its own CoC
+Nov 20 14:29:10 <prometheanfire> I linked to the debian policy as I think it's a good compromise
+Nov 20 14:29:16 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: I agree
+Nov 20 14:29:23 <prometheanfire> I don't think we need such an active hand
+Nov 20 14:29:43 <prometheanfire> however, I know others disagree, which is why I think clarification would be helpful
+Nov 20 14:30:31 <prometheanfire> what I'd seek to do is alter our name/logo usage guidelines to be closer to somethink like debian's https://www.debian.org/trademark
+Nov 20 14:30:40 <robbat2> can we split the coc-on-social-media vs trademark-on-social-media?
+Nov 20 14:30:40 <antarus> so I want to be clear
+Nov 20 14:30:46 <antarus> trademark vs CoC
+Nov 20 14:30:46 <antarus> yeah
+Nov 20 14:30:54 <prometheanfire> I do have one more related issue after this
+Nov 20 14:30:56 <antarus> Trademark is really clearre on what our requirements are
+Nov 20 14:31:09 <SwifT> prometheanfire: heh, we just recently updated our name/logo guidelines after quite some reviews. I don't think the /r/Gentoo subreddit is violating it currently
+Nov 20 14:31:31 <NeddySeagoon> We may wish to take our own sanctions against an identifyable member posting on social media but we would not enforce our CoC outside guntee namespace.
+Nov 20 14:32:01 <prometheanfire> SwifT: ya, I think I should point people to the new stuff https://www.gentoo.org/inside-gentoo/foundation/name-logo-guidelines.html
+Nov 20 14:32:01 <antarus> I also do not think r/gentoo is violating the guidelines
+Nov 20 14:32:11 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: I can,t be bothered with social media at all. Please don't ask me to check
+Nov 20 14:32:14 <antarus> do we need a vote, or is there more discussion?
+Nov 20 14:32:27 <prometheanfire> I don't think a vote is necessary at this time
+Nov 20 14:32:40 <NeddySeagoon> Do we need to change anything ?
+Nov 20 14:33:05 <prometheanfire> no, I think it's more just education of those wanting to enforce the CoC on social media
+Nov 20 14:33:19 <antarus> again, CoC vs trademark is different
+Nov 20 14:33:26 <antarus> so we are taking no actoin trademark wise
+Nov 20 14:33:56 <prometheanfire> right, related issue time?
+Nov 20 14:34:06 <NeddySeagoon> If we don't change anything, no vote is required. How do we 'educate' those wanting to enforce the CoC on social media?
+Nov 20 14:34:35 <antarus> CoC is a council thing, no?
+Nov 20 14:34:39 <prometheanfire> it is
+Nov 20 14:34:48 <antarus> do they think we are regulating?
+Nov 20 14:34:55 <prometheanfire> specifically richo wanted to be more enforcing of it on reddit
+Nov 20 14:34:58 <NeddySeagoon> enforement is delegated to comrel
+Nov 20 14:35:42 <prometheanfire> this thread is where he states as much https://www.reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/5ce1sh/to_comrel_or_not_to_comrel/d9wbrb1/
+Nov 20 14:35:52 <prometheanfire> it's a bunch of walls of text
+Nov 20 14:37:14 <prometheanfire> in any case I'll talk to rich0 about it
+Nov 20 14:37:41 <NeddySeagoon> lets come back to this topic. No need to read a wall of text in the middle of a meeting
+Nov 20 14:37:52 <prometheanfire> right
+Nov 20 14:38:13 <NeddySeagoon> any more for prometheanfire ?
+Nov 20 14:38:23 <prometheanfire> Just a question, do we need to register our trademark outside the US? if so, have we?
+Nov 20 14:39:01 <NeddySeagoon> The e.V. have it registered in Europe. Their registration predates ours.
+Nov 20 14:39:14 <rich0> NeddySeagoon: fyi, I don't think WE have to enforce the CoC. We just need to require anybody who wants to use our name/logo to enforce it themselves.
+Nov 20 14:39:37 <NeddySeagoon> We need to forge formal links with Gentoo e.V.
+Nov 20 14:40:12 <NeddySeagoon> rich0: Thats a good take on the situation ... I like that. We would still need to oversee it though
+Nov 20 14:40:15 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: perhaps something that can be done at fosdem?
+Nov 20 14:40:38 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: That could be a good time
+Nov 20 14:40:45 <prometheanfire> rich0: that makes sense, though I still don't see a formal need
+Nov 20 14:40:50 <rich0> NeddySeagoon: You could always just deal with situations as they arise. Obviously no action is required when a group isn't abusing the policy.
+Nov 20 14:41:11 <rich0> Ultiamtely though it would fall to the Trustees to demand that a site cease using the name if they're in violation.
+Nov 20 14:41:13 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: action me to get in contact with them, don't know what formal ties mean though
+Nov 20 14:41:25 <NeddySeagoon> rich0: Agreed.
+Nov 20 14:41:28 <rich0> Reddit is a non-issue, at least for /r/Gentoo, since we already moderate that.
+Nov 20 14:42:20 <antarus> the foundation certainly doesn't
+Nov 20 14:42:32 <NeddySeagoon> Action on prometheanfire to discuss setting up a formal relationship with the Gentoo e.V. during FOSDEM 2017 if the opportunity arises
+Nov 20 14:42:50 <prometheanfire> k
+Nov 20 14:42:58 <prometheanfire> next?
+Nov 20 14:43:06 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: As the legal face of Gentoo, we would have to write the email
+Nov 20 14:43:40 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: Private Policy ... I think this was closed at the last meeting?
+Nov 20 14:43:54 <NeddySeagoon> Privacy
+Nov 20 14:44:20 <SwifT> NeddySeagoon: well, it was apprvoed at the last one I was (I missed the last meeting), so I just need to get in touch again with the stakeholders to get it up
+Nov 20 14:44:32 <antarus> NeddySeagoon: I meant that the foundatoin doesn't moderate reddit
+Nov 20 14:44:34 <NeddySeagoon> OK
+Nov 20 14:44:47 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: correct
+Nov 20 14:44:47 <antarus> happy to have better relations with the e.V
+Nov 20 14:44:52 <SwifT> NeddySeagoon: from the bugreport, I think it shouldn't take much more work, I'll see if I can assist them with it
+Nov 20 14:44:58 <rich0> antarus: the foundation doesn't moderate anything. They just deal with people who violate the trademark policy. :)
+Nov 20 14:45:08 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: Thank you.
+Nov 20 14:45:42 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: For the avoidance of doubt, the foundation will not pay your bar bill at the beer event
+Nov 20 14:45:50 <NeddySeagoon> :)
+Nov 20 14:46:00 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: Approved Artwork Project
+Nov 20 14:46:08 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: np, I prefer scotch :P
+Nov 20 14:46:21 <SwifT> I asked the artwork project if they were interested in handling approval of artwork
+Nov 20 14:46:23 <robbat2> did you miss the privacy policy?
+Nov 20 14:46:38 <prometheanfire> robbat2: no
+Nov 20 14:46:38 <SwifT> sadly, artwork project is understaffed and I didn't get much feedback beyond dabbott|irssi
+Nov 20 14:46:45 <prometheanfire> 13:46 < SwifT@> NeddySeagoon: well, it was apprvoed at the last one I was (I missed the last meeting), so I just need to get in touch again with the stakeholders to get it up
+Nov 20 14:46:51 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: No, we said it was complete except for roll out
+Nov 20 14:47:22 <robbat2> ah, sorry, missed that in the wall of text; i need coffee
+Nov 20 14:47:39 <robbat2> (was writing python for new changelog code until late last night)
+Nov 20 14:48:01 <NeddySeagoon> Bugs ...
+Nov 20 14:48:09 <robbat2> funding-requests, i have a remark
+Nov 20 14:48:41 <robbat2> there will be a large payment to our gsoc mentors this cycle, reimbursing their travel expenses (just waiting for calchan's invoices)
+Nov 20 14:48:56 <robbat2> then i'll be submitting to Google for our reimbursement
+Nov 20 14:49:04 <NeddySeagoon> thats fairly normal ...
+Nov 20 14:49:06 <robbat2> just so you know when you see the paypal emails
+Nov 20 14:49:37 <NeddySeagoon> Well, in years where we are selected
+Nov 20 14:49:48 <NeddySeagoon> Bugs ...
+Nov 20 14:49:52 <NeddySeagoon> bug 591704
+Nov 20 14:49:54 <willikins> NeddySeagoon: https://bugs.gentoo.org/591704 "commemorate Jon Portnoy (avenj)"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; jer:trustees
+Nov 20 14:50:19 <NeddySeagoon> that con be closed. I've added the thank you
+Nov 20 14:50:39 <robbat2> i had it open to make sure it was in the accounting ledgers
+Nov 20 14:50:51 <NeddySeagoon> Its still open
+Nov 20 14:50:58 <robbat2> 'finance-audit:TODO'
+Nov 20 14:51:06 <robbat2> in the whiteboard
+Nov 20 14:51:21 <NeddySeagoon> Yes thats why I left it for this meeting
+Nov 20 14:51:21 <robbat2> i should probably scan the letter from the perl foundation for our records as well
+Nov 20 14:51:33 <robbat2> no actions needed for the board, just open for accounting
+Nov 20 14:51:44 <NeddySeagoon> bug 592198 we have discussed
+Nov 20 14:51:47 <willikins> NeddySeagoon: https://bugs.gentoo.org/592198 "D&O insurance"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; prometheanfire:trustees
+Nov 20 14:52:35 <NeddySeagoon> Bug 598010 ... do we need to discuss this?
+Nov 20 14:52:37 <willikins> NeddySeagoon: https://bugs.gentoo.org/598010 "Reimbursement for Gentoo banner and Gentoo booth table cover."; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; alicef:trustees
+Nov 20 14:53:06 <dabbott> sorry team was tied up
+Nov 20 14:53:10 <robbat2> it's listed further down under funding requests
+Nov 20 14:53:23 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: You have all the actions up to now :)
+Nov 20 14:54:01 <NeddySeagoon> Thats about all I can see. Any more bugs for today?
+Nov 20 14:54:03 <robbat2> dabbott: do you get any IRS response for 4506-T forms?
+Nov 20 14:54:16 <dabbott> nothing yet
+Nov 20 14:54:36 <NeddySeagoon> New Business
+Nov 20 14:54:48 <NeddySeagoon> Re License of the "g" logo
+Nov 20 14:55:55 * antarus has to leave in 5 minutes
+Nov 20 14:56:09 <SwifT> are we owner of the binary files (the vector version that is talked about)? As in, are we allowed to relicense it?
+Nov 20 14:56:53 <NeddySeagoon> Lats leave this until next month. There are several vector versions
+Nov 20 14:56:58 <NeddySeagoon> Lets*
+Nov 20 14:57:04 <robbat2> we'd have to check up on the ownership, but I have a remark about the licence in general
+Nov 20 14:57:06 <prometheanfire> if so I think the relicencing is 'ok' but needs more thought
+Nov 20 14:57:15 <robbat2> i was the original strong support of the sampling license
+Nov 20 14:57:37 <robbat2> but the cases where it was useful have been subsumed by the 3.0 license series
+Nov 20 14:57:42 <NeddySeagoon> and /me so it could be used for icons
+Nov 20 14:57:56 <alicef> the g logo that is referred to the mail is by Gentoo foundation
+Nov 20 14:58:12 <alicef> at list the one that is licensed cc 1.0
+Nov 20 14:58:18 <NeddySeagoon> Yes. Its the Purple G
+Nov 20 14:59:01 * antarus is out
+Nov 20 14:59:35 <NeddySeagoon> We need to do our homework. Lets postpone until December
+Nov 20 14:59:44 <prometheanfire> agreed
+Nov 20 14:59:48 <NeddySeagoon> Funding Requests
+Nov 20 15:00:14 <NeddySeagoon> Bug 598010
+Nov 20 15:00:16 <willikins> NeddySeagoon: https://bugs.gentoo.org/598010 "Reimbursement for Gentoo banner and Gentoo booth table cover."; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; alicef:trustees
+Nov 20 15:01:28 <robbat2> to save others the currency conversion, the request is for approx $400USD
+Nov 20 15:01:44 <prometheanfire> is this for a new banner?
+Nov 20 15:01:50 <prometheanfire> I'd prefer that option
+Nov 20 15:01:50 <alicef> banner and table cover
+Nov 20 15:02:01 <robbat2> banner & table cover in Japan yes
+Nov 20 15:02:13 <prometheanfire> should we vote?
+Nov 20 15:02:14 <NeddySeagoon> alicef: an it will be used several time a year ?
+Nov 20 15:02:40 <alicef> the open source event where i'm doing the booth is 2 time at year
+Nov 20 15:02:44 <prometheanfire> could it be used in the AP region in general?
+Nov 20 15:02:59 <robbat2> the banner itself is ~$150USD, which is not far removed from the cost of shipping one of the exist ones (like the banner originally for the AP region, which is now in san francisco)
+Nov 20 15:03:01 <alicef> but it can be used also for other event in japan
+Nov 20 15:03:31 <NeddySeagoon> Do we have enough information for a vote?
+Nov 20 15:03:37 <prometheanfire> I do
+Nov 20 15:03:39 <dabbott> yes
+Nov 20 15:03:45 <robbat2> as treasurer, aye
+Nov 20 15:04:11 <NeddySeagoon> Motion to fund a banner and table cover to be stored in Japan
+Nov 20 15:04:25 <SwifT> aye
+Nov 20 15:04:27 <dabbott> secended
+Nov 20 15:04:29 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: I take that as a second
+Nov 20 15:04:33 <robbat2> aye
+Nov 20 15:04:38 <dabbott> yes
+Nov 20 15:04:40 <prometheanfire> yes
+Nov 20 15:04:56 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: is away ... SwifT ?
+Nov 20 15:05:24 <SwifT> I already said "aye"
+Nov 20 15:05:24 <robbat2> (i also have to go in 10 mins)
+Nov 20 15:06:13 <NeddySeagoon> Motion carried alicef you are authorised to recover up to $400 from the foundaiton for this purchase
+Nov 20 15:06:25 <alicef> thanks
+Nov 20 15:06:36 <alicef> and congratulations to prometheanfire
+Nov 20 15:06:37 <NeddySeagoon> Membership Applications
+Nov 20 15:06:56 <NeddySeagoon> Raymond Jennings (Shentino) Bug 592890
+Nov 20 15:06:58 <robbat2> approximately $400USD, if the exchange slides, just talk to me for accounting; i do need the invoices for purchases as well (please attach to the bug, redacted as needed)
+Nov 20 15:06:58 <willikins> NeddySeagoon: https://bugs.gentoo.org/592890 "New Developer: Raymond Jennings (shentino)"; Gentoo Developers/Staff, New Developers; RESO, WONT; soap:recruiters
+Nov 20 15:07:27 <NeddySeagoon> Hes not a dev yet but hes been doing some good stuff.
+Nov 20 15:07:55 <prometheanfire> I agree, he's been active in the community, asking pertinant questions (not bikeshedding too much :P )
+Nov 20 15:08:08 <NeddySeagoon> Ready to vote or hold over?
+Nov 20 15:08:18 <prometheanfire> ready
+Nov 20 15:08:27 <prometheanfire> second?
+Nov 20 15:08:29 <NeddySeagoon> Letse vote
+Nov 20 15:08:39 <prometheanfire> aye
+Nov 20 15:08:42 <NeddySeagoon> Can I second?
+Nov 20 15:08:53 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: dabbott robbat2
+Nov 20 15:09:03 <dabbott> abstain
+Nov 20 15:09:06 <SwifT> aye
+Nov 20 15:09:09 <robbat2> aye
+Nov 20 15:09:19 <NeddySeagoon> Carred by 3 ayes
+Nov 20 15:09:26 <NeddySeagoon> carried
+Nov 20 15:09:39 <NeddySeagoon> Cleanup ...
+Nov 20 15:09:50 <NeddySeagoon> Date of Next Meeting - Dec 18 2016 19:00 UTC
+Nov 20 15:09:58 <dabbott> ok here
+Nov 20 15:10:01 <prometheanfire> ok here
+Nov 20 15:10:27 <NeddySeagoon> No promises from me but its in my diary
+Nov 20 15:10:41 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: robbat2 ?
+Nov 20 15:10:44 <SwifT> ok for me
+Nov 20 15:11:02 <NeddySeagoon> Any other business ...
+Nov 20 15:11:17 <NeddySeagoon> I have one item.
+Nov 20 15:11:24 <dabbott> I got the log minutes and motions, how many motions?
+Nov 20 15:12:27 <Shentino> Point of order
+Nov 20 15:12:31 <NeddySeagoon> The miss two votes atd you are out was never in the bylaws. It was determined by the trustees as a SOP. The bylaws say as determined from time to time ...
+Nov 20 15:13:03 <Shentino> When I stood up the mentors project, I forked the official gentoo bikeshed and built my own so we could paint it ourselves.
+Nov 20 15:13:07 <Shentino> that is all
+Nov 20 15:13:12 <NeddySeagoon> Shentino: your turn is under open floor.
+Nov 20 15:13:38 <NeddySeagoon> Any other business ...
+Nov 20 15:13:43 <prometheanfire> non
+Nov 20 15:13:55 <SwifT> nope
+Nov 20 15:14:02 <dabbott> none here
+Nov 20 15:14:06 <robbat2> none
+Nov 20 15:14:20 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: you have all the Responsibilities this month :)
+Nov 20 15:14:31 <NeddySeagoon> Open Floor ...
+Nov 20 15:14:33 <dabbott> how many motions?
+Nov 20 15:14:37 <dabbott> 2
+Nov 20 15:14:54 <NeddySeagoon> sounds about right and a new member
+Nov 20 15:15:05 <dabbott> ok thanks
+Nov 20 15:15:19 <dabbott> I will send the email also
+Nov 20 15:15:50 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to close the meeting for the last time ... and passes it to prometheanfire