summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-05-15 16:15:15 -0400
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-05-15 16:15:15 -0400
commit30537ede02d623ad1b815e1282b2ba20760eb5c8 (patch)
tree9307300ee7d26a6b0d86e9a91d34fcea4a1df91a
parentLog for April 17 trustee meeting (diff)
downloadfoundation-30537ede02d623ad1b815e1282b2ba20760eb5c8.tar.gz
foundation-30537ede02d623ad1b815e1282b2ba20760eb5c8.tar.bz2
foundation-30537ede02d623ad1b815e1282b2ba20760eb5c8.zip
meeting log for 15 May
-rw-r--r--2016/meeting-20160515-log.txt142
1 files changed, 142 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2016/meeting-20160515-log.txt b/2016/meeting-20160515-log.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..bceb2b9
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2016/meeting-20160515-log.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,142 @@
+May 15 15:03:22 <dabbott> ok here we go old business activity tracker
+May 15 15:04:17 <SwifT> from the activity tracker (and what NeddySeagoon said) we need to initiate the trustee election
+May 15 15:04:36 <dabbott> I will send out the recording date email, 19 june OK?
+May 15 15:04:46 <SwifT> wfm
+May 15 15:05:01 <robbat2> good for me
+May 15 15:05:10 <dabbott> yep, that the date of our next meeting
+May 15 15:05:48 <dabbott> I don't see anything else
+May 15 15:06:01 <dabbott> on the tracker that needs attention
+May 15 15:06:01 <robbat2> i need to check on the trademark submission
+May 15 15:06:12 <robbat2> i did submit it, but didn't get any confirmation yet
+May 15 15:06:27 <robbat2> dabbott: did you get any confirmation from the IRS re tax extension
+May 15 15:06:38 <dabbott> no nothing
+May 15 15:07:16 <dabbott> we may never have filed before and may not be in the system, not sure
+May 15 15:07:38 <robbat2> if we've never filed taxes before, that's a major problem
+May 15 15:07:46 <robbat2> or did you mean the ext?
+May 15 15:07:58 <dabbott> the taxes
+May 15 15:08:31 <NeddySeagoon> Me raise a hand and asks the chairmans permission to join
+May 15 15:08:48 <dabbott> yessir howdy
+May 15 15:08:55 <SwifT> just close the door after you :P
+May 15 15:09:54 <robbat2> that covers activity tracker
+May 15 15:10:10 <NeddySeagoon> heh
+May 15 15:10:16 <dabbott> CPA | Accountant Search
+May 15 15:10:23 <robbat2> CPA/accountant search next, a front on which I have no good news
+May 15 15:10:34 <robbat2> the firm that had said I should come back in may
+May 15 15:10:45 <robbat2> has decided that they don't want to do 501c6 stuff anymore
+May 15 15:10:51 <robbat2> so i'm back to the searching
+May 15 15:11:19 <robbat2> i fear that we may end up needing to use a CPA in the US vs one near me
+May 15 15:11:49 <robbat2> i'm going to phone quatumsummers this afternoon and try to get the contact details for his CPA (again)
+May 15 15:12:28 <dabbott> I know a retired man that said he was worked for non profits before I can ask how much later
+May 15 15:12:30 <NeddySeagoon> That has to be worth a try
+May 15 15:12:47 <dabbott> he is an accountant
+May 15 15:12:50 <NeddySeagoon> both opportunities
+May 15 15:12:52 <robbat2> dabbott: yes please
+May 15 15:13:21 <dabbott> ok I will see him again next weekend
+May 15 15:14:16 <dabbott> Any news on the banking
+May 15 15:14:37 <robbat2> no, i didn't do that letter yet
+May 15 15:14:41 <robbat2> sorry
+May 15 15:14:42 <dabbott> ok
+May 15 15:15:14 <dabbott> ok moving on any more on the money stuff
+May 15 15:15:29 <robbat2> one semi-related thing
+May 15 15:15:33 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: doen the bank have a form?
+May 15 15:15:52 <robbat2> NeddySeagoon: that i've seen
+May 15 15:15:56 <robbat2> *not that
+May 15 15:16:13 <robbat2> the semi-related thing; infra is specing out a server in wake of dipper's failure
+May 15 15:16:32 <robbat2> we will submit it for budget review early in the week
+May 15 15:16:46 <robbat2> but probably going to be a pricey box to kill a few birds with minimal stones
+May 15 15:16:47 <NeddySeagoon> OK. It might save some toing and froing, if we miss some info out of the letter
+May 15 15:17:14 <robbat2> i'll maybe try to find a human that I can ask about a form
+May 15 15:17:38 <NeddySeagoon> IS dipper ours?
+May 15 15:17:42 <robbat2> yes
+May 15 15:17:59 <NeddySeagoon> and not worth fixing?
+May 15 15:18:50 <NeddySeagoon> We need to keep it within whatever we have in Paypal ...
+May 15 15:19:07 <robbat2> actually, the debit card can withdrawl from the bank account as well
+May 15 15:19:18 <dabbott> nice :)
+May 15 15:19:23 <NeddySeagoon> Ah ... that worxs then
+May 15 15:19:30 <NeddySeagoon> K
+May 15 15:20:16 <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: your up Genfleetoo
+May 15 15:21:16 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: I've not done anything :
+May 15 15:21:17 <NeddySeagoon> (
+May 15 15:21:42 <dabbott> ok SwifT trademark ?
+May 15 15:21:44 <robbat2> re 'worth fixing', it's uncertain if it's the CPU or motherboard that failed, possibly both; it was purchased november 2011
+May 15 15:21:56 <SwifT> I did not receive any blocking remarks on the draft; I'm going to draft up a patch to update the trademark info we havce on the site soon
+May 15 15:22:08 <robbat2> not our oldest server by a long way, but still possibly $1k+ to fix
+May 15 15:22:10 <SwifT> with some luck, it'll be done by the end of nexgt week
+May 15 15:22:23 <dabbott> good work SwifT , thanks
+May 15 15:22:30 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: 5 year old ... probably not worth the investment
+May 15 15:23:04 <dabbott> robbat2: what kind of cpu?
+May 15 15:23:30 <robbat2> xeon X3440
+May 15 15:23:52 <dabbott> that was a dell?
+May 15 15:24:03 <robbat2> yes
+May 15 15:24:14 <dabbott> did you buy just the one?
+May 15 15:24:14 <robbat2> r310, svc tag 7G7CVR1
+May 15 15:24:25 <robbat2> yes, it was a single purchase
+May 15 15:24:38 <dabbott> well thats good :)
+May 15 15:25:04 <robbat2> we have 4 other dells in the rack, those were both sets of 2
+May 15 15:25:43 <dabbott> Bugs https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=3005550&namedcmd=Trustees
+May 15 15:26:19 <dabbott> robbat2: thanks for closing a lot of bugs last month
+May 15 15:27:16 <robbat2> SwifT: when you're on website pieces, i'd like to get an actual how-to-donate page up
+May 15 15:27:23 <robbat2> including an option for recurring donations
+May 15 15:27:49 <SwifT> ok
+May 15 15:28:23 <dabbott> unixstickers re did the logo and want to be added as an approved vendor, need to be put on the sponsors page
+May 15 15:28:49 <robbat2> bug #581690, small funding request for approval
+May 15 15:28:53 <willikins> robbat2: https://bugs.gentoo.org/581690 "Reimbursement for additional parts for a aarch64 developer box"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; prometheanfire:trustees
+May 15 15:29:38 <NeddySeagoon> Works for me.
+May 15 15:30:25 <SwifT> same here
+May 15 15:30:42 <NeddySeagoon> I just commented on the bug
+May 15 15:30:50 <dabbott> thanks NeddySeagoon
+May 15 15:32:18 <dabbott> bug #578692
+May 15 15:32:21 <willikins> https://bugs.gentoo.org/578692 "unixstickers requests to be an approved vendor"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; dabbott:trustees
+May 15 15:32:46 <dabbott> they just need to be added to the sponsors page
+May 15 15:33:38 <dabbott> any other bugs?
+May 15 15:34:02 <NeddySeagoon> I'm good if the rework has been conpleted
+May 15 15:34:17 <SwifT> there's a difference between sponsor and vendor; I think unixstickers did want to send a portion of the sales to gentoo foundation,not?
+May 15 15:34:28 <dabbott> yes with a3li's approval :)
+May 15 15:34:29 <robbat2> no other bugs
+May 15 15:34:32 <NeddySeagoon> yes.
+May 15 15:34:54 <dabbott> what about bug #575236
+May 15 15:34:58 <willikins> dabbott: https://bugs.gentoo.org/575236 "equipment request: aarch64/arm64 dev box"; Gentoo Infrastructure, Dev box issues; CONF; vapier:trustees
+May 15 15:35:17 <dabbott> I can remove it from the agenda?
+May 15 15:35:31 <robbat2> yes; we're just pending vapier's response
+May 15 15:35:52 <dabbott> ok, next New Business
+May 15 15:36:16 <NeddySeagoon> 112 days lead time ... it will be obsolete the way arm8 moves
+May 15 15:36:26 <robbat2> that's why I wanted vapier's input
+May 15 15:37:08 <NeddySeagoon> I'm good if thats what vapier reccomends
+May 15 15:38:07 <dabbott> Ok moving on, next meeting 19 June?
+May 15 15:38:16 <NeddySeagoon> yep
+May 15 15:38:23 <SwifT> ok
+May 15 15:38:55 <dabbott> robbat2: ^^^
+May 15 15:39:06 <robbat2> there's a chance I might be unavailable
+May 15 15:39:21 <robbat2> but it's not certain yet
+May 15 15:39:23 <NeddySeagoon> I will be at my mothers but I'll take the netbook
+May 15 15:39:29 <robbat2> i think if so, you can do fine without me
+May 15 15:40:13 <dabbott> ohh no, ok we can always use email for most items
+May 15 15:40:52 <NeddySeagoon> There may be new members but we can do that by email
+May 15 15:41:02 <dabbott> AOB
+May 15 15:41:12 <NeddySeagoon> I have one
+May 15 15:41:13 <robbat2> nil
+May 15 15:41:27 <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: all yours
+May 15 15:41:28 <NeddySeagoon> jmbsvicetto has agreed to run the election
+May 15 15:42:00 <dabbott> who is up, is it me?
+May 15 15:42:14 <NeddySeagoon> yes, and me
+May 15 15:42:40 <NeddySeagoon> It would have been Matt
+May 15 15:42:49 <dabbott> ok, you going to run?
+May 15 15:43:59 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: I've not made up my mind. I may get pushed into retirement in the next few months. I have no idea what I will do if that happens
+May 15 15:44:33 <dabbott> understood
+May 15 15:45:06 <dabbott> anything else?
+May 15 15:45:17 <NeddySeagoon> Not from me
+May 15 15:45:31 <robbat2> nil
+May 15 15:45:38 <robbat2> dabbott: are you going to run?
+May 15 15:45:45 <dabbott> yes
+May 15 15:46:57 <dabbott> I am going to stick around for a while, we need someone in the us to push this process forward, as lone as you and SwifT stick it out :)
+May 15 15:47:18 <dabbott> s/lone:long
+May 15 15:47:24 <robbat2> great :-)
+May 15 15:47:56 <robbat2> so just open floor?
+May 15 15:48:15 <dabbott> I will do the log and minutes
+May 15 15:48:21 <dabbott> yes open floor
+May 15 15:49:08 <dabbott> countdown 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5,
+May 15 15:49:33 <dabbott> 4, 3, 2, 1 =>
+May 15 15:50:02 <SwifT> good night (or day) to you all
+May 15 15:50:08 <NeddySeagoon> Thank you.
+May 15 15:50:13 <dabbott> ok thanks everyone meeting closed
+May 15 15:50:22 <robbat2> thanks all