summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2017-05-21 15:59:32 -0400
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2017-05-21 15:59:32 -0400
commit9d504bf8872ed7eee1472960780eccfb7c322e00 (patch)
treef457c28ff03903489028ce44e75bf0625f95cca9
parent2017 motion file fixup (diff)
downloadfoundation-9d504bf8872ed7eee1472960780eccfb7c322e00.tar.gz
foundation-9d504bf8872ed7eee1472960780eccfb7c322e00.tar.bz2
foundation-9d504bf8872ed7eee1472960780eccfb7c322e00.zip
Log for May 2017 meeting
-rw-r--r--2017/2017-05-21-19:00_2017-05.log225
1 files changed, 225 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2017/2017-05-21-19:00_2017-05.log b/2017/2017-05-21-19:00_2017-05.log
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..22fee7a
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2017/2017-05-21-19:00_2017-05.log
@@ -0,0 +1,225 @@
+[19:00:47] Meeting started by prometheanfire
+[19:00:54] <dwfreed> $ chronyc tracking | grep NTP
+[19:00:54] <dwfreed> System time : 0.000032269 seconds fast of NTP time
+[19:01:08] Meeting chairs are: dabbott|irssi, antarus, robbat2, swift,
+[19:01:12] Meeting chairs are: dabbott|irssi, antarus, robbat2, swift, prometheanfire,
+[19:01:54] <prometheanfire> .topic rollcall
+[19:02:02] <dwfreed> subject
+[19:02:07] Current subject: rollcall, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:02:13] <SwifT> here
+[19:02:14] <dwfreed> topic tries to change the channel topic
+[19:02:19] <dabbott> here
+[19:02:24] <prometheanfire> here
+[19:02:44] <prometheanfire> robbat2: antarus ?
+[19:02:53] <prometheanfire> antarus might be moving
+[19:02:59] Meeting chairs are: dabbott|irssi, antarus, robbat2, swift, prometheanfire, dabbott,
+[19:03:06] <dwfreed> he should be moved already
+[19:03:57] <dwfreed> texted him
+[19:04:20] <prometheanfire> thanks
+[19:05:02] <prometheanfire> texted robin
+[19:05:26] <prometheanfire> moving on
+[19:05:41] Current subject: dabbot's items, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:05:56] <prometheanfire> Bank: change of trustees & mailing progress
+[19:06:29] <prometheanfire> dabbott: ?
+[19:06:46] <prometheanfire> I always miss a b or a t when I type your name :|
+[19:06:51] <dabbott> prometheanfire: you and antarus will need to call cap one again and tell them to look for your signature cards in our emails
+[19:07:26] <prometheanfire> that probably means resending the email, they don't seem to keep emails too long
+[19:07:44] <dabbott> for the legacy account robbat2 was talking to tunsum about it
+[19:08:16] <prometheanfire> right, I'll work with out out of meeting on the call stuff
+[19:08:23] <dabbott> they like the email to come from your gentoo email account, same as for antarus
+[19:08:30] <prometheanfire> right
+[19:08:39] <dabbott> thats how i got mine approved
+[19:08:39] <dwfreed> antarus reports he will be absent today
+[19:09:11] <ver|laptop> #.apologies :P
+[19:09:31] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:09:33] <dabbott> fyi tunsum is Joshua Jackson our old treasure
+[19:10:07] <dabbott> he still has access to the checking account afaik, I have access to the savings
+[19:10:17] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:10:23] <prometheanfire> dabbott: Initiate Trustee Election
+[19:10:23] <NeddySeagoon> Do we need to add allumini to tho Foundation web space?
+[19:10:49] <dabbott> we need to start the election process https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Elections#Procedure
+[19:11:22] <dabbott> lets make the recording date next months meeting
+[19:11:46] <prometheanfire> sure
+[19:11:59] <NeddySeagoon> Thats very traditional :)
+[19:12:00] <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: would be good to have a record, sure
+[19:12:16] <prometheanfire> dabbott: anything else?
+[19:12:41] <dabbott> I will send oyut the emails for the election stuff
+[19:12:47] <dabbott> nothing else
+[19:13:21] <dabbott> who is up for election?
+[19:13:43] <SwifT> my seat is
+[19:13:57] <prometheanfire> robbat2 is too iirc
+[19:13:58] <NeddySeagoon> robbat2 is
+[19:14:09] <dabbott> antarus: ?
+[19:14:24] <prometheanfire> 2 year term right?
+[19:14:28] <NeddySeagoon> robbat2 has said he does not intend to stand
+[19:14:34] <dabbott> yes
+[19:15:33] <prometheanfire> ok, we can sort this out over the coming month I imagine
+[19:15:37] <NeddySeagoon> The who is not needed for the meeting
+[19:15:55] <NeddySeagoon> its needed for the emails
+[19:16:18] <prometheanfire> yes
+[19:16:57] <dabbott> I took over for summers, NeddySeagoon and I retired in 2016
+[19:17:33] <prometheanfire> retiring doesn't mean you can't be a trustee
+[19:17:37] <prometheanfire> I don't think
+[19:17:40] <dwfreed> aye
+[19:17:51] <dwfreed> you need only be a foundation member to be a trustee
+[19:17:52] <NeddySeagoon> Retire by rotation
+[19:18:24] <dabbott> we stepped aside so to speak
+[19:18:33] <prometheanfire> right
+[19:18:33] <SwifT> can we continue the meeting? there's still quite a few topics left (and I'm getting tired :)
+[19:18:57] <prometheanfire> ya, I think we can handle this on the side before emails are sent
+[19:19:10] Current subject: prometheanfire's items, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:19:15] <prometheanfire> D&O insurance Bug 592198
+[19:19:17] <willikins> https://bugs.gentoo.org/592198 "D&O insurance"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; prometheanfire:trustees
+[19:19:42] <prometheanfire> so, we had an offer for the insurance, but it's more expensive than expected
+[19:20:00] <dabbott> lets put it on the back burner for later
+[19:20:20] <prometheanfire> dabbott: what is 'it'?
+[19:20:30] <dabbott> D&O
+[19:20:58] <prometheanfire> ok, I think it's worth doing, but not sure about cost is all
+[19:21:03] <dabbott> insurance in general
+[19:21:03] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:21:08] <prometheanfire> prune the email aliases (trustees, paypal, cafepress, etc) of old members/trustees.
+[19:21:31] <prometheanfire> I'll do that this week, anyone have anything of note for the pruning?
+[19:22:43] <SwifT> prometheanfire: do we have an archival user of some kind which keeps the received mails "just in case"? Or do we assume that the members do that?
+[19:23:01] <prometheanfire> that seems smart, I'll talk to robbat2 about it
+[19:23:21] <NeddySeagoon> I have the mails going back to 2008 ... except the spam.
+[19:23:46] <prometheanfire> I don't have anything else I think is needed this month
+[19:23:47] <prometheanfire> next?
+[19:24:15] <SwifT> yup, next
+[19:24:26] Current subject: swit's stuff, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:24:31] <prometheanfire> Short feedback on artwork approval process:
+[19:24:32] <SwifT> two things
+[19:24:51] <SwifT> I've (today) uploaded the process for artwork approval on the Project:Artwork wiki
+[19:25:06] <dabbott> SwifT: thanks :)
+[19:25:14] <SwifT> part of it is the creation of an additional bugzilla component, for which i've created a bug report for infra to handle
+[19:25:35] <SwifT> I don't think they'll have an issue with it - but if they do, we can work around it
+[19:25:50] <SwifT> I'm also going to make myself a member of the project for now to follow things up
+[19:25:58] <SwifT> and get things started with the next approval
+[19:26:09] <SwifT> speaking of which (second stuff), we got a request to approve artwork
+[19:26:31] <SwifT> I couldn't initiate it through the documented process yet, and I don't think we should have the requestee wait for another month, so I would like this meetings' consent on it
+[19:26:52] <SwifT> he would like to create a personal t-shirt (no selling otherwise) because he's a fond Gentoo user
+[19:27:06] <SwifT> see bug #619150
+[19:27:09] <willikins> SwifT: https://bugs.gentoo.org/619150 "Grant use of Gentoo logo for personal t-shirt design (Tobias Wensing)"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; swift:trustees
+[19:27:30] <prometheanfire> I've already given my approval there
+[19:27:40] <SwifT> I personally don't see a problem with his request. There's no distortion of any kind on the logo (just a purple filter)
+[19:27:47] <SwifT> and the dots just mean "gentoo" in braille
+[19:27:59] <dabbott> I just approved on the bug
+[19:28:15] <SwifT> great, thanks
+[19:28:18] <prometheanfire> I also think that a monochromatic official image would be useful to us for things like flags and t-shirts
+[19:28:49] <SwifT> prometheanfire: that's indeed a good idea, i'll suggest it toward the artwork project as well
+[19:29:06] <SwifT> that's all for me
+[19:29:22] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:29:30] <prometheanfire> is alicef around?
+[19:29:38] <alicef> yes
+[19:29:54] <dabbott> hi alicef
+[19:29:59] <alicef> hi
+[19:30:01] Current subject: Is SPI worth another look? Status?, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:30:50] <prometheanfire> alicef: floor is yours :D
+[19:31:27] <alicef> sorry didn't had so much time to look into it, still have to send the mail.
+[19:32:08] <prometheanfire> np, we can hold off on it for next month
+[19:32:39] <alicef> next week I have presentation and still busy with work interview
+[19:33:10] <prometheanfire> good luck :D
+[19:33:29] <alicef> thanks
+[19:33:47] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:33:54] <alicef> I will talk about Gentoo Kernel project at Open Source Summit
+[19:33:59] <prometheanfire> open bugs
+[19:34:05] <prometheanfire> alicef: :D
+[19:34:13] <prometheanfire> I'll list the bugs since last meeting
+[19:34:21] <prometheanfire> bug 611376
+[19:34:23] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/611376 "New GitHub Terms of Service"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; ulm:trustees
+[19:34:37] <prometheanfire> here I think we don't need to take action
+[19:35:02] <dabbott> prometheanfire: agreed
+[19:35:36] <prometheanfire> vote then?
+[19:36:10] <dabbott> no, I would just wait and see what happens for now
+[19:36:34] <prometheanfire> eh, I commented/voted
+[19:36:44] <prometheanfire> others can feel free to if they wish
+[19:37:13] <dabbott> prometheanfire: thats fine :)
+[19:37:17] <prometheanfire> bug 607622
+[19:37:20] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/607622 "a new sparc machine is needed"; Gentoo Foundation, Infra Support; CONF; ago:trustees
+[19:37:41] <dabbott> is infra working with him to get something?
+[19:37:47] <prometheanfire> I'm not sure
+[19:37:54] <prometheanfire> I just searched ebay and the servers are cheap
+[19:38:05] <prometheanfire> T5220 for less that 200
+[19:38:35] <dabbott> He needs to fill out a funding request once he decides what he wants, I would approve most likely
+[19:38:55] <prometheanfire> right
+[19:38:56] <prometheanfire> same
+[19:39:00] <prometheanfire> k, next then
+[19:39:09] <dabbott> where is it going to be hosted etc
+[19:39:34] Current subject: next meeting date, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:39:42] <prometheanfire> Date of Next Meeting - Sun June 18 2017 19:00 UTC
+[19:39:45] <prometheanfire> that fine for others?
+[19:39:54] <dabbott> ok here
+[19:39:57] <prometheanfire> same
+[19:39:58] <SwifT> yup
+[19:40:13] <prometheanfire> k, tentitive ack based on antarus/robbat2
+[19:40:21] Current subject: open floor, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:41:21] <prometheanfire> gonna keep it open til 1945
+[19:42:10] <NeddySeagoon> Thats fathers day
+[19:42:19] <alicef> we was talking about gentoo.slack.com, and if infra want to manage it.
+[19:42:20] <NeddySeagoon> Two things
+[19:42:24] <alicef> with prometheanfire
+[19:42:40] <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: Will you stand for a further term?
+[19:42:44] <prometheanfire> alicef: I personally try to avoid slack, define manage
+[19:43:00] <alicef> get ownership
+[19:43:05] <NeddySeagoon> aliases etc includes bugs and wiki
+[19:43:34] <alicef> as now the owner is on three gentoo dev if i remeber correctly
+[19:43:43] <SwifT> NeddySeagoon: not likely, i have significant time issues to do anything useful and it's not going to get better the first time period
+[19:43:58] <prometheanfire> alicef: shouldn't it be managed by comrel and/or pr?
+[19:44:00] <SwifT> NeddySeagoon: my real-life job is getting very, very interesting, but also very daunting and time-consuming
+[19:44:18] <alicef> prometheanfire: whchever for me is ok
+[19:44:23] <dabbott> SwifT: me too
+[19:44:35] <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: I've been there done that. Good luck.
+[19:44:46] <alicef> ah maffblaster is also admin
+[19:45:33] <prometheanfire> alicef: bring it up next meeting (I'll add it under yourself for the agenda)
+[19:45:39] <prometheanfire> maybe open a bug
+[19:45:52] <alicef> as now is used by gentoo jp community mainly
+[19:46:00] <ver|laptop> possibly review in 6mo?
+[19:46:12] <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: sounds like a bunch of new blood then, SwifT robbat2 at the very least
+[19:46:15] <prometheanfire> ver|laptop: review?
+[19:46:19] <alicef> we are giving manly user support
+[19:46:26] <ver|laptop> prometheanfire: review g.slack.com
+[19:46:31] <dabbott> I am going to nominate maffblaster and alicef for trustee's :)
+[19:46:58] <ver|laptop> alicef: is this english or jp? would it be helpful to have a distinction, or is it working ok as is?
+[19:47:04] <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: Not yet ... you have to wait for nominations to open :)
+[19:47:08] <prometheanfire> dabbott: sgtm
+[19:47:09] <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: what about you, readdy for a comeback :P
+[19:47:26] <alicef> ver|laptop: it have channels similar to irc
+[19:47:33] <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: Not this year. Maybe in a year or two
+[19:47:34] <ver|laptop> alicef: aha yes, ofc.
+[19:47:39] <ver|laptop> ty ^
+[19:47:42] <dabbott> rats :(
+[19:47:44] <alicef> so gentoo-ja is manly in japanese
+[19:47:59] <alicef> and is bidirectional mirrored to irc
+[19:48:10] <ver|laptop> imho, with maff as admin, its in 'pr's camp :D
+[19:48:12] <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: I'll be nipping at your heels though
+[19:48:13] <alicef> so if someone write in irc it come up in slack
+[19:48:27] <ver|laptop> alicef: yup seen that elsewhere .. its quite handy :D
+[19:49:01] <alicef> if someone is interested i keep the slack page here https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Aliceinwire/Gentoo_Slack
+[19:49:03] <ver|laptop> it breaks gentoo out of the irc 'mould' a bit
+[19:49:10] <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: thanks I need help on procedure sometimes
+[19:49:23] <alicef> as now #gentoo-jp and #gentoo-dotnet are connected to slack
+[19:49:26] <ver|laptop> any accessibility improvements gotta be a + imho. but thats just my 2c
+[19:49:34] <prometheanfire> same rules as irc imo
+[19:49:56] <ver|laptop> prometheanfire: probably worth making that clear as a gentoo channel .. but is it official or not?! :)
+[19:50:19] <ver|laptop> I guess that could be tabled for next month prehaps
+[19:50:28] <prometheanfire> ver|laptop: ya
+[19:50:33] <alicef> ya
+[19:50:43] <prometheanfire> also, we could wait til/if alicef and maffblaster are trustees
+[19:50:52] <ver|laptop> lol true
+[19:50:52] <alicef> what ?
+[19:51:03] <prometheanfire> alicef: more work
+[19:51:13] <alicef> eh
+[19:51:53] <ver|laptop> chuckles .
+[19:52:03] <ver|laptop> alicef: did you see dabbott's nomination?!
+[19:52:23] <ver|laptop> I believe it was a joke :D
+[19:53:10] <alicef> I will think about it
+[19:53:12] <alicef> :)
+[19:53:21] <ver|laptop> (thumbsup)
+[19:53:27] <dabbott> no joke, just not official yet just a hope they will be interested
+[19:53:59] <dabbott> we need interested people to get involved
+[19:54:04] <prometheanfire> yep
+[19:54:08] <ver|laptop> dabbott: yeah, normally they have to agree to stand first :P lolol
+[19:54:22] <ver|laptop> minor technicality
+[19:54:32] <ver|laptop> prometheanfire: do you wish to close up .. tis 1953h UTC here
+[19:54:37] <dabbott> thinking out loud :)
+[19:55:21] <prometheanfire> yep, I think we are done
+[19:55:24] Meeting ended by prometheanfire, total meeting length 3276 seconds