summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-04-17 19:10:48 -0400
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-04-17 19:10:48 -0400
commita3691ad3821f576f843a987e39d3cf653a561f8a (patch)
treec70945945cf3bc2a6cadf24170552dc3e5649921
parentMarch meeting log (diff)
downloadfoundation-a3691ad3821f576f843a987e39d3cf653a561f8a.tar.gz
foundation-a3691ad3821f576f843a987e39d3cf653a561f8a.tar.bz2
foundation-a3691ad3821f576f843a987e39d3cf653a561f8a.zip
Log for April 17 trustee meeting
-rw-r--r--2016/meeting-20160417-log.txt114
1 files changed, 114 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2016/meeting-20160417-log.txt b/2016/meeting-20160417-log.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..4f72cf0
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2016/meeting-20160417-log.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,114 @@
+Apr 17 15:00:02 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel on open the April meeting of the Gentoo Foundation Trustees.
+Apr 17 15:00:27 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT_: senhs his apologies. His flight is delayed
+Apr 17 15:00:46 <NeddySeagoon> Roll call
+Apr 17 15:00:53 <robbat2> present
+Apr 17 15:00:55 <dabbott> over here o/
+Apr 17 15:00:56 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: antarus
+Apr 17 15:01:32 <NeddySeagoon> We have 3 only antarus is unaccouted for.
+Apr 17 15:02:14 <dabbott> I have to leave in 30 min but will update the logs and next months agenda
+Apr 17 15:02:29 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: Will you do logs please?
+Apr 17 15:02:35 <dabbott> yes
+Apr 17 15:02:38 <robbat2> we do have a majority, let's continue and make it short
+Apr 17 15:03:14 <NeddySeagoon> Trustees Activity Tracker ...
+Apr 17 15:03:28 <antarus> hi
+Apr 17 15:03:40 <dabbott> o/ antarus
+Apr 17 15:03:50 <NeddySeagoon> Hi antarus
+Apr 17 15:04:02 <robbat2> per the tracker, and same as last month, the 990 is outstanding, and we need to do the logo trademark piece
+Apr 17 15:04:07 <robbat2> i started the logo trademark piece
+Apr 17 15:04:18 <NeddySeagoon> Only the overdue/extension to our filing
+Apr 17 15:04:27 <robbat2> but will mention more re CPA/finances after any other activity
+Apr 17 15:04:36 <NeddySeagoon> ok
+Apr 17 15:05:47 <NeddySeagoon> Bugs as Swift is absent. Do we need to review bugs today?
+Apr 17 15:05:57 <robbat2> no action on genfleetoo that i'm aware of; did we respond to him so we can drop it from the agenda?
+Apr 17 15:06:07 <dabbott> yes
+Apr 17 15:06:16 <NeddySeagoon> I need to respond.
+Apr 17 15:06:40 <robbat2> ok, move that to an action item to do, and drop from agenda for next month
+Apr 17 15:06:40 <NeddySeagoon> Was there an email I missed?
+Apr 17 15:06:47 <robbat2> not that i'm aware
+Apr 17 15:06:49 <NeddySeagoon> OK
+Apr 17 15:07:04 <NeddySeagoon> Approved Vendor Request
+Apr 17 15:07:17 <robbat2> NeddySeagoon: err, did you skip me in old business?
+Apr 17 15:07:26 <NeddySeagoon> Whats the action here?
+Apr 17 15:08:25 <robbat2> (i'm just going to write up my pieces quickly, as I might have to vanish for toddler in a moment)
+Apr 17 15:08:31 <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: back to old business
+Apr 17 15:08:45 <NeddySeagoon> Sorry robbat2. I must have missed it. I'm operating on half an eye just now
+Apr 17 15:08:51 <dabbott> robbat2: go ahead
+Apr 17 15:08:59 <robbat2> CPA/accountant search: I got _zero_ responses to the public CPA/accountant post
+Apr 17 15:09:23 <robbat2> i have found one further company here, but they won't take new business until the end of april
+Apr 17 15:09:33 <dabbott> thats fine
+Apr 17 15:09:37 <robbat2> if nothing else turns up, i'm inclined to strongly take my business to them
+Apr 17 15:09:41 <robbat2> due to the lack of anybody else
+Apr 17 15:09:46 <NeddySeagoon> Thats two weeks. Looks OK
+Apr 17 15:09:48 <dabbott> perfect :)
+Apr 17 15:09:54 <robbat2> they have done US corps before, just not non-profits
+Apr 17 15:10:08 <antarus> ok that was my only question
+Apr 17 15:10:12 <robbat2> so they're offering a discount to pick up that
+Apr 17 15:10:14 <antarus> (ca vs us)
+Apr 17 15:10:40 <NeddySeagoon> Do you have a quote?
+Apr 17 15:11:06 <robbat2> their ballpark estimate is $1500USD, maybe a bit higher depending how much back & forth we have to do w/ the IRS to get old info
+Apr 17 15:11:31 <NeddySeagoon> That sounds OK. Go with it.
+Apr 17 15:11:32 <dabbott> sounds good, we need to do it
+Apr 17 15:11:43 <robbat2> i think it's a tad high; but considering the IRS crap, i'm willing to pay
+Apr 17 15:11:52 <NeddySeagoon> agreed
+Apr 17 15:11:55 <antarus> this is a quote for...what exactly?
+Apr 17 15:12:50 <robbat2> covers filing 990 for last year, and up to 10 hours of getting old paperwork from the IRS; push a quick review of the accounting ledgers I set up
+Apr 17 15:13:29 <NeddySeagoon> $150/hour.
+Apr 17 15:13:42 <robbat2> that apparently cut the costs a lot according to them; this is the company -> http://www.hmtax.com/
+Apr 17 15:14:12 <antarus> ok
+Apr 17 15:14:13 <antarus> sgtm then
+Apr 17 15:14:31 <robbat2> so other accounting pieces
+Apr 17 15:14:37 <NeddySeagoon> sgtm?
+Apr 17 15:14:38 <robbat2> the paypal mess is all solved
+Apr 17 15:14:44 <robbat2> sgtm = sounds good to me
+Apr 17 15:14:51 <antarus> sorry ;)
+Apr 17 15:15:08 <robbat2> and paypal was supposed to be sending the linked business debit card to dabbott's home address
+Apr 17 15:15:13 <robbat2> i don't know if it arrived yet
+Apr 17 15:15:28 <dabbott> yes its on the way, should get it next week
+Apr 17 15:15:53 <robbat2> dabbott: also mailed the extension paperwork to the IRS; i haven't heard if there was a response
+Apr 17 15:16:11 <dabbott> nothing back yet
+Apr 17 15:16:43 <NeddySeagoon> As long as they don't send someone round to 'help'
+Apr 17 15:17:07 <robbat2> that's ~3 weeks since it was mailed
+Apr 17 15:17:16 <robbat2> what is the IRS expected response time?
+Apr 17 15:17:45 <dabbott> I don't know
+Apr 17 15:17:52 <antarus> in my experience, not fast
+Apr 17 15:19:00 <robbat2> ok, maybe we'll have a response before the accounting firm takes us on
+Apr 17 15:19:05 <dabbott> we just need to be ready to respond to them so they don't freeze any bank accounts they know about, that why a cpa firm is important
+Apr 17 15:19:39 <dabbott> no response and they will get your attention
+Apr 17 15:19:40 <NeddySeagoon> heh. We can't get at the bank anyway :(
+Apr 17 15:19:53 <robbat2> that's the next step now that the paypal piece is solved
+Apr 17 15:20:09 <robbat2> anyway, that covers all accounting from me
+Apr 17 15:20:23 <robbat2> when the debit card arrives, we can action the ARM64 server
+Apr 17 15:20:51 <dabbott> ok
+Apr 17 15:20:51 <NeddySeagoon> yep. Is that still what we want?
+Apr 17 15:21:13 <robbat2> i will double-check with vapier
+Apr 17 15:21:20 <robbat2> the qualcomm server might be available soon
+Apr 17 15:21:28 <dabbott> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57523
+Apr 17 15:21:31 <robbat2> which would be a very nice option
+Apr 17 15:21:37 <NeddySeagoon> Back to unixstickers ...
+Apr 17 15:22:20 <dabbott> a3li did not like the logo they use, not official
+Apr 17 15:23:16 <robbat2> can we ask them to use the official logo?
+Apr 17 15:23:20 <robbat2> otherwise, it's good with me
+Apr 17 15:23:23 <NeddySeagoon> Lets point them to the right logo and encourage them
+Apr 17 15:23:31 <dabbott> sounds good
+Apr 17 15:23:37 <antarus> fine w/me
+Apr 17 15:23:46 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: thats an email for you
+Apr 17 15:23:50 <dabbott> I will send them an email
+Apr 17 15:24:52 <NeddySeagoon> Funding Requests ... already covered. ARM kit changes quickly. We need to make sure we get the right thing at the time.
+Apr 17 15:25:25 <NeddySeagoon> Cleanup Date of Next Meeting - 15 May 2016 19:00 UTC
+Apr 17 15:25:56 <NeddySeagoon> Works for me
+Apr 17 15:26:04 <dabbott> fine here
+Apr 17 15:26:38 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: robbat2 ?
+Apr 17 15:26:42 <robbat2> good for me atm
+Apr 17 15:26:47 <antarus> fine with me
+Apr 17 15:26:52 <NeddySeagoon> Any other business ...
+Apr 17 15:26:54 <antarus> (had to grab my calendar)
+Apr 17 15:27:10 <NeddySeagoon> Nothing from me
+Apr 17 15:27:14 <robbat2> nil
+Apr 17 15:27:21 <dabbott> I will be around later, thanks everyone
+Apr 17 15:27:33 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: ?
+Apr 17 15:27:45 <NeddySeagoon> Open Floor
+Apr 17 15:27:51 <robbat2> dabbott: ok, i'll ping you about working on the bank latter
+Apr 17 15:27:52 <antarus> nothing from me
+Apr 17 15:27:54 <robbat2> *letter
+Apr 17 15:28:14 <robbat2> going now, toddler IRQ
+Apr 17 15:28:44 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to close the meeting