summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-09-18 16:08:02 -0400
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2016-09-18 16:08:02 -0400
commitd8fbe6429a1fc9b2db566fa732b542e10f2a2fc5 (patch)
treead79bb5b8fe7f4b3f391f9e6adedc926fec51e9e
parentupdated motions for 2016/09 meeting (diff)
downloadfoundation-d8fbe6429a1fc9b2db566fa732b542e10f2a2fc5.tar.gz
foundation-d8fbe6429a1fc9b2db566fa732b542e10f2a2fc5.tar.bz2
foundation-d8fbe6429a1fc9b2db566fa732b542e10f2a2fc5.zip
added log for 2016/09 trustee meeting
-rw-r--r--2016/meeting-20160918-log.txt243
1 files changed, 243 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2016/meeting-20160918-log.txt b/2016/meeting-20160918-log.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..bcf02b6
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2016/meeting-20160918-log.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,243 @@
+Sep 18 15:00:01 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to open the September 18 Trustees meeting
+Sep 18 15:00:11 <NeddySeagoon> Roll call
+Sep 18 15:00:18 <antarus> present
+Sep 18 15:00:24 <SwifT> present as well
+Sep 18 15:00:28 <dabbott> present
+Sep 18 15:00:32 <prometheanfire> present
+Sep 18 15:00:43 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: ...
+Sep 18 15:00:46 <robbat2> present
+Sep 18 15:01:04 <NeddySeagoon> Who has the log its usually dabbott ?
+Sep 18 15:01:10 <dabbott> yes on it
+Sep 18 15:01:24 <NeddySeagoon> hanx you
+Sep 18 15:01:36 <NeddySeagoon> Thank you.
+Sep 18 15:01:39 <NeddySeagoon> Old Business
+Sep 18 15:01:48 <NeddySeagoon> Activity Tracker ..
+Sep 18 15:02:40 <NeddySeagoon> Do we need anything there?
+Sep 18 15:03:03 <robbat2> we need to update the dates :-)
+Sep 18 15:03:09 <robbat2> but nothing else to do this month
+Sep 18 15:03:27 <NeddySeagoon> moving on ...
+Sep 18 15:03:27 <prometheanfire> renew the domain?
+Sep 18 15:03:28 <dabbott> Presidents and Treasurers reports done, correct?
+Sep 18 15:03:34 <prometheanfire> oh, that's next year
+Sep 18 15:03:36 <NeddySeagoon> IRS Status Report
+Sep 18 15:03:48 <dabbott> No news
+Sep 18 15:04:16 <dabbott> We still have not been in contact with them afaik
+Sep 18 15:04:34 <robbat2> i need to call bob and get his exact wording, since dabbott didn't have it
+Sep 18 15:04:47 <NeddySeagoon> Elect President ... I suggest advertising on -foundation-announce and -nfp
+Sep 18 15:04:51 <robbat2> based on some more recent research re IRS
+Sep 18 15:05:02 <robbat2> i'm fairly certain that they issued us a document
+Sep 18 15:05:09 <robbat2> 'IRS status determination'
+Sep 18 15:05:24 <robbat2> but I've never seen the physical document nor any scans of it
+Sep 18 15:05:46 <NeddySeagoon> via Matt or Wane Chew ?
+Sep 18 15:06:01 <dabbott> the last letter he got said they mailed a letter to the last known address
+Sep 18 15:06:20 <robbat2> i have been unable to get any response from Matt for it, but I didn't think of asking Wayne Chew
+Sep 18 15:06:27 <dabbott> afaik it could be robbins
+Sep 18 15:06:52 <robbat2> maybe I'll try phoning Daniel tommorow as well as Wayne Chew
+Sep 18 15:06:54 <NeddySeagoon> It may be worth checking with Wane Chew, though he should have forwarded it
+Sep 18 15:07:21 <NeddySeagoon> Elect President ... I suggest advertising on -foundation-announce and -nfp
+Sep 18 15:07:23 <robbat2> this ties in well to the mail forwarding bug shortly
+Sep 18 15:07:30 <NeddySeagoon> yep
+Sep 18 15:08:27 <robbat2> do we need to vote re advertising, I think we can just do it
+Sep 18 15:08:57 <NeddySeagoon> OK, I'll make a post.
+Sep 18 15:09:03 <dabbott> yes just do it
+Sep 18 15:09:08 <dabbott> thanks NeddySeagoon
+Sep 18 15:09:13 <SwifT> yup go for it
+Sep 18 15:09:34 <NeddySeagoon> Is the member list and mail list up to date following the election?
+Sep 18 15:09:52 <NeddySeagoon> Notthat it matters - President is an offic.
+Sep 18 15:10:08 <dabbott> yes, just one more to add after today ryao
+Sep 18 15:10:09 <prometheanfire> tie breaking vote only? /me goes to look it up
+Sep 18 15:10:40 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: No vote. There are 5 trustees. £ votes are needed
+Sep 18 15:11:09 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: Treasurer Report. You wanted to do some more work on it
+Sep 18 15:11:25 <NeddySeagoon> £ == shift and 3
+Sep 18 15:11:42 * prometheanfire hasn't been asked to go into the bank
+Sep 18 15:11:54 <robbat2> NeddySeagoon: i'm still working on the deprecrition numbers for the value of assets
+Sep 18 15:12:06 <robbat2> i have an interesting problem in them
+Sep 18 15:12:11 <robbat2> that i'll describe for the record
+Sep 18 15:12:37 <robbat2> we have to restate our early financial reports, so that values carried forward are correct...
+Sep 18 15:12:53 <NeddySeagoon> Do we have any assets that are not fully depreciated at tiwe of purchase?
+Sep 18 15:12:54 <robbat2> in doing so, and looking at the expenses that must have been paid via the netbank account (not paypal)
+Sep 18 15:13:11 <robbat2> the known expenses exceed the known income by more than $500
+Sep 18 15:13:41 <robbat2> NeddySeagoon: IRS laws require that our "IT equipment" be deprecated over a 5 year period
+Sep 18 15:13:53 <robbat2> depreciated*
+Sep 18 15:14:07 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: bummer. In the UK, its immediate
+Sep 18 15:14:47 <robbat2> so from the above, somewhere we have $500 in unknown income, that went directly to the netbank account (eg donations as cheques/wire-transfers)
+Sep 18 15:14:58 <NeddySeagoon> That $500 excess of expenditure over income in a year is possible.
+Sep 18 15:15:42 <robbat2> it's not over a year, it's over all known expenses, income & balances
+Sep 18 15:15:54 <robbat2> but happens to be specific to the netbank time frame
+Sep 18 15:16:16 <NeddySeagoon> Once we have full control of that account, we may get the history too
+Sep 18 15:16:28 <robbat2> no, we won't get the netbank history
+Sep 18 15:16:38 <robbat2> that was the collapsed bank where we got the FDIC insurance
+Sep 18 15:16:49 <NeddySeagoon> OK
+Sep 18 15:17:06 <robbat2> what I'm going to do, subject to confirming with Bob
+Sep 18 15:17:23 <robbat2> is have an income adjustment, of estimated unknown income deposited to the NetBank account
+Sep 18 15:17:35 <robbat2> that's the only way it balances
+Sep 18 15:17:38 <NeddySeagoon> Thats about all there is to do
+Sep 18 15:18:04 <NeddySeagoon> Foundation Mailing Address (bug 592200)
+Sep 18 15:18:06 <willikins> NeddySeagoon: https://bugs.gentoo.org/592200 "Foundation needs to handle inbound postal mail better, by scanning & emailing"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; robbat2:trustees
+Sep 18 15:18:35 <robbat2> other than which organization we choose, can we have two votes on it:
+Sep 18 15:18:35 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: Have you identified a preferred service
+Sep 18 15:18:46 <robbat2> 1. do the trustees agree it's a needed service
+Sep 18 15:19:24 <robbat2> 2. approve $250/year for the service, and $50/year max in legal paperwork
+Sep 18 15:19:40 <prometheanfire> I think that's fine
+Sep 18 15:19:44 <NeddySeagoon> We seem to have lost mail over the years with it going to one individual
+Sep 18 15:19:46 <antarus> its fine
+Sep 18 15:19:54 <SwifT> yes on both accounts
+Sep 18 15:20:03 <prometheanfire> and yes to both votes ;P
+Sep 18 15:20:09 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: You can vete too
+Sep 18 15:20:11 <robbat2> aye to both for me
+Sep 18 15:20:17 <dabbott> yes x 2
+Sep 18 15:20:18 <antarus> aye to both
+Sep 18 15:20:20 <robbat2> NeddySeagoon: is that an aye from you?
+Sep 18 15:20:23 <NeddySeagoon> carried
+Sep 18 15:20:40 <dabbott> I will update the motion page
+Sep 18 15:20:42 <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: I don't get a vote now I'm not a trustee
+Sep 18 15:21:04 <robbat2> thanks; Travelling Mailbox is the leading candidate, but i'm looking at their registered agent requirements still
+Sep 18 15:21:19 <robbat2> the registered agent requirements is why I included the legal paperwork costs
+Sep 18 15:21:32 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire D&O insurance
+Sep 18 15:22:09 <prometheanfire> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=592198
+Sep 18 15:22:38 <prometheanfire> at the moment I'm just looking for a vote for if we want to go out and get the insurance (think it's a good idea)
+Sep 18 15:22:49 <prometheanfire> I can bring a few options to next meeting if so
+Sep 18 15:23:25 <robbat2> i'm in favour of us having D&O insurance, esp as your rackspace legal contact recommended it
+Sep 18 15:23:46 <NeddySeagoon> We should find out who it would cover but it looks like a good idea
+Sep 18 15:23:50 <dabbott> Why not can't hurt
+Sep 18 15:23:51 <prometheanfire> I'd consider him more as the legal guy behind the PSF
+Sep 18 15:24:01 <antarus> I am in favor of D&O insurance, but I expect it will not cover tons of stuff
+Sep 18 15:24:07 <prometheanfire> and I'm in favor of it
+Sep 18 15:24:08 <antarus> speaking of D&O
+Sep 18 15:24:18 <robbat2> so yes, please get quotes & info of what is covered better
+Sep 18 15:24:18 <prometheanfire> so I'll make a list in the bug
+Sep 18 15:24:18 <antarus> we have an indemnification clause in our bylaws
+Sep 18 15:24:31 <antarus> and its vaguely unclear (to me at least)
+Sep 18 15:24:51 <robbat2> it's stock from the new mexico bylaw templates
+Sep 18 15:25:01 <prometheanfire> antarus: ya, I'm not sure if that's binding or not, we'd probably need to pay a lawyer to tell us
+Sep 18 15:25:06 <NeddySeagoon> antarus: Its lifted from NM statutes IIRC
+Sep 18 15:25:12 <robbat2> yes it's binding
+Sep 18 15:25:14 <prometheanfire> robbat2: you know how easy it is to void?
+Sep 18 15:25:20 <prometheanfire> that's my worry
+Sep 18 15:25:39 <robbat2> why do you want to void it?
+Sep 18 15:25:48 <robbat2> or you mean accidently?
+Sep 18 15:26:00 <prometheanfire> I mean accidently
+Sep 18 15:26:34 <antarus> anyway, I don't want to get side tracked
+Sep 18 15:26:38 <NeddySeagoon> Its persons acting on behalf of the foundation. Its not clear if that includes projects. I suspect the answer to that is not a constant either
+Sep 18 15:27:00 <prometheanfire> ya, I'm not sure how hat switching works, legally
+Sep 18 15:27:11 <NeddySeagoon> OK, we agreed to get more deals of D&O Insurance
+Sep 18 15:27:14 <dabbott> Motion: acquire D&O insurance up to $1,000 USD per year
+Sep 18 15:27:14 <robbat2> prometheanfire: ask your PSF guy
+Sep 18 15:27:16 <prometheanfire> I should ask my lawyer friend, but he's bussy with rackspace getting bought out
+Sep 18 15:27:19 <prometheanfire> ya
+Sep 18 15:27:28 <prometheanfire> aye
+Sep 18 15:27:45 <antarus> I'm not passing that motion
+Sep 18 15:27:49 <robbat2> prometheanfire: i suspect wherever PSF is incorporated, will have substantially similar provisions, so that should help
+Sep 18 15:27:55 <NeddySeagoon> dabbott: don't we need to see whats covered first?
+Sep 18 15:28:00 <antarus> we should see the agreement ;)
+Sep 18 15:28:18 <robbat2> UnMotion: get information/quotes & coverage info of D&O insurance
+Sep 18 15:28:20 <SwifT> yes, let's agree that we go for D&O and start looking at them
+Sep 18 15:28:36 <dabbott> Sounds good
+Sep 18 15:28:40 <NeddySeagoon> Do we need a vote?
+Sep 18 15:28:40 <prometheanfire> that's fine too
+Sep 18 15:28:41 <antarus> I will second robbat2's motion
+Sep 18 15:28:52 <antarus> if you want it to be a motion ;p
+Sep 18 15:29:39 <prometheanfire> so, action item for me at least
+Sep 18 15:29:40 <NeddySeagoon> Its just data gathering. Nobody wanst to spent any money yet.
+Sep 18 15:29:58 <NeddySeagoon> Looks like a continuing action on prometheanfire
+Sep 18 15:30:09 <prometheanfire> yarp
+Sep 18 15:30:23 <NeddySeagoon> Bugs
+Sep 18 15:31:29 <robbat2> bug #584594: we said last meeting we want to form a group to approve artwork
+Sep 18 15:31:33 <willikins> robbat2: https://bugs.gentoo.org/584594 "FreeWear.org - Permission & Possibility of collaboration."; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; dabbott:trustees
+Sep 18 15:31:58 <robbat2> a3li gave some good input on it, then FreeWear responded nicely; so I think we can spin that to an email alias/project group
+Sep 18 15:32:34 <NeddySeagoon> Souds like a plan.
+Sep 18 15:32:42 <prometheanfire> yep
+Sep 18 15:32:57 <NeddySeagoon> Who wants to set it up?
+Sep 18 15:33:05 <dabbott> sounds great, hope people get involved
+Sep 18 15:34:09 <robbat2> i'm short on time, so I'd like somebody else to take that up
+Sep 18 15:34:41 <NeddySeagoon> Is a3li interested? or someone in docs ?
+Sep 18 15:34:50 <SwifT> I'm short on time as well, but perhaps I can do the initial setup and get people on it
+Sep 18 15:35:13 <robbat2> a3li is very short on time
+Sep 18 15:35:14 <SwifT> i was indeed also thinking about asking a few other devs to help out on it
+Sep 18 15:35:18 <NeddySeagoon> SwifT: One volunteer is worth 10 pressed men. Thank you
+Sep 18 15:35:49 <dabbott> be nice if sping wanted to get involved, he started the artwork project but I don't see him around much
+Sep 18 15:36:20 <veremit> o/
+Sep 18 15:36:39 <SwifT> veremit: noted ;)
+Sep 18 15:36:40 <NeddySeagoon> veremit: You have a job
+Sep 18 15:36:47 <dabbott> we did some background on Larry a while back and gotr the perms
+Sep 18 15:36:50 <veremit> NeddySeagoon: :( not another
+Sep 18 15:36:53 <robbat2> who is veremit?
+Sep 18 15:37:06 <NeddySeagoon> A dev in training
+Sep 18 15:37:10 <veremit> *lurks*
+Sep 18 15:37:53 <NeddySeagoon> any more bugs?
+Sep 18 15:37:53 <prometheanfire> anyway, next?
+Sep 18 15:37:56 <veremit> is it worth putting out a call for graphics-capable people?
+Sep 18 15:38:26 <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: nothing that I see
+Sep 18 15:38:31 <veremit> sorry just watching from the side :/
+Sep 18 15:39:08 <NeddySeagoon> veremit: Once SwifT creates the project you join ... then its up to the project
+Sep 18 15:39:28 <NeddySeagoon> New Business Privacy policy ...
+Sep 18 15:39:54 <SwifT> yes, infra team has worked on a new privacy policy and would like to put it up
+Sep 18 15:40:11 <SwifT> the draft is online, and a bug for final tracking is available (bug 351045)
+Sep 18 15:40:14 <willikins> SwifT: https://bugs.gentoo.org/351045 "www site needs a privacy policy"; Websites, [OLD] Social Contract; CONF; robbat2:infra-bugs
+Sep 18 15:40:29 <SwifT> I mailed the trustees so it could be read in advance
+Sep 18 15:40:44 <NeddySeagoon> I added some comments to the bug
+Sep 18 15:40:56 <NeddySeagoon> More questions
+Sep 18 15:41:32 <robbat2> we don't need to have a COPPA everywhere
+Sep 18 15:41:53 <robbat2> i just checked with somebody (interesting, COPPA did get stricter recently, but our statement is good enough still)
+Sep 18 15:42:20 <prometheanfire> robbat2: good to hear
+Sep 18 15:42:22 <robbat2> the EU remark is good in light of the email thread we had this month
+Sep 18 15:43:13 <robbat2> maybe explicitly noting in the policy that we are US-registered organization, and information might be exposed by US government demands
+Sep 18 15:44:13 <NeddySeagoon> That would be good. It makes the EU thing (and any other odds and ends wo don't know about) go away
+Sep 18 15:44:28 <SwifT> I would only mention the first then, as the second part is a consequence (but not the only consequence)
+Sep 18 15:45:08 <antarus> yeah
+Sep 18 15:45:14 <robbat2> where in the document would you want to insert it?
+Sep 18 15:45:16 <prometheanfire> as long as the second part is not necessary to day
+Sep 18 15:45:50 <robbat2> under "Sharing Your Personal Information" maybe?
+Sep 18 15:46:05 <SwifT> i'd put it in the intro around the "This Privacy Statement is intended to describe the privacy practices of ..."
+Sep 18 15:46:39 <SwifT> it is the first place where "Gentoo Foundation, Inc" is mentioned and there we can state that we are a US-registered organization
+Sep 18 15:47:32 <veremit> o/ [cookies]
+Sep 18 15:47:34 <robbat2> ok, chat with me after the meeting about that one quickly?
+Sep 18 15:47:37 <NeddySeagoon> That fits
+Sep 18 15:47:42 <SwifT> ok
+Sep 18 15:47:51 <robbat2> do we need to edit before approving the rest of this?
+Sep 18 15:48:20 <NeddySeagoon> I think we trust you robbat2
+Sep 18 15:48:27 <dabbott> seconded
+Sep 18 15:48:48 <prometheanfire> what was the proposal?
+Sep 18 15:48:55 <dabbott> no
+Sep 18 15:48:58 <robbat2> Motion: approve draft privacy policy, as-is, with further edits to note that the foundation is registered in the US
+Sep 18 15:49:06 <dabbott> aye
+Sep 18 15:49:08 <prometheanfire> seconded
+Sep 18 15:49:08 <NeddySeagoon> vote on approval of privicy doc as edited by robbat2 and SwifT
+Sep 18 15:49:16 <dabbott> aye
+Sep 18 15:49:19 <robbat2> aye
+Sep 18 15:49:20 <SwifT> aye
+Sep 18 15:49:21 <prometheanfire> and aye
+Sep 18 15:49:27 <NeddySeagoon> carried
+Sep 18 15:49:57 <NeddySeagoon> Membership Applications Richard Yao (ryao)
+Sep 18 15:49:59 <antarus> aye
+Sep 18 15:50:03 <robbat2> aye
+Sep 18 15:50:04 <dabbott> aye
+Sep 18 15:50:07 <SwifT> aye
+Sep 18 15:50:20 <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: ?
+Sep 18 15:50:24 <prometheanfire> aye
+Sep 18 15:50:31 <NeddySeagoon> carried
+Sep 18 15:50:41 <dabbott> I will send the email and update the member list
+Sep 18 15:51:16 <NeddySeagoon> Cleanup ... Date of Next Meeting - TBD 2016 19:00 UTC It should be 16 Oct, as thats the 3rd Sunday
+Sep 18 15:51:39 <prometheanfire> that's fine here
+Sep 18 15:51:41 <dabbott> Ok here
+Sep 18 15:51:48 <antarus> ok here
+Sep 18 15:51:52 <NeddySeagoon> I'll be here
+Sep 18 15:51:59 <robbat2> ok here
+Sep 18 15:51:59 <SwifT> ok
+Sep 18 15:52:04 <NeddySeagoon> I'll be glad of the rest
+Sep 18 15:52:22 <NeddySeagoon> 16 Oct it is then
+Sep 18 15:52:32 <NeddySeagoon> Any other business ...
+Sep 18 15:52:43 <robbat2> (none from me for once)
+Sep 18 15:52:55 <dabbott> none here
+Sep 18 15:52:59 <antarus> none here
+Sep 18 15:53:04 <prometheanfire> non
+Sep 18 15:53:06 <SwifT> nope
+Sep 18 15:53:40 <NeddySeagoon> Responsibilities that will be you dabbott. I'll write the ad for a Prosident
+Sep 18 15:53:47 <NeddySeagoon> President*
+Sep 18 15:53:50 <dabbott> ok will do
+Sep 18 15:54:06 <NeddySeagoon> Open Floor ...
+Sep 18 15:54:49 * antarus dances
+Sep 18 15:55:01 <SwifT> ;)
+Sep 18 15:55:16 <robbat2> who of y'all, if any, is going to the miniconf?
+Sep 18 15:55:18 <robbat2> i'll be there
+Sep 18 15:55:22 * NeddySeagoon bangs the gavel to close the meeting