summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2017-02-26 16:00:55 -0500
committerDavid Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org>2017-02-26 16:00:55 -0500
commitfcc70438ceef52a3aa15f54886896f7c79d86051 (patch)
treed4a7f91aeec311977ffc7552557f7d5558f5e6ac
parentImprove formatting of motions. (diff)
downloadfoundation-fcc70438ceef52a3aa15f54886896f7c79d86051.tar.gz
foundation-fcc70438ceef52a3aa15f54886896f7c79d86051.tar.bz2
foundation-fcc70438ceef52a3aa15f54886896f7c79d86051.zip
added log for Feb trustee meeting
-rw-r--r--2017/meeting-20170226-log.txt286
1 files changed, 286 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2017/meeting-20170226-log.txt b/2017/meeting-20170226-log.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..272f1f3
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2017/meeting-20170226-log.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,286 @@
+[18:58:51] Meeting started by prometheanfire
+[18:58:59] Current subject: rollcall, (set by prometheanfire)
+[18:59:08] <dabbott> here
+[18:59:09] <robbat2> you're a minute early
+[18:59:38] <prometheanfire> server is 3 min ahead :P
+[18:59:55] <robbat2> anyway, present
+[18:59:56] <dabbott> swift sends his regards
+[19:00:11] <prometheanfire> antarus: ?
+[19:00:19] <prometheanfire> I know he said he'd be driving
+[19:01:01] <prometheanfire> well, moving on for now, we have quorum as is
+[19:01:18] Current subject: meeting logging, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:01:26] <dabbott> I got it
+[19:01:33] <prometheanfire> dabbott: you are logging (with meetbot's help now)?
+[19:01:33] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:01:51] <robbat2> brb afk toddler irq
+[19:02:16] Current subject: activity tracker, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:02:19] <prometheanfire> nothing here
+[19:03:01] Current subject: irs status report, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:03:17] <prometheanfire> I have a little news here, mainly on getting a CPA
+[19:03:31] <robbat2> back
+[19:03:44] <prometheanfire> I've reached out to the guy who does my taxes for rates
+[19:03:53] <prometheanfire> robbat2: irs status report beyond that?
+[19:04:30] <robbat2> i started on our own 990 form, but it needs the CPA-audited statements anyway
+[19:04:43] <robbat2> because we made more than $25k gross in the last fiscal
+[19:05:13] <prometheanfire> will we need to ask for an extention eventually?
+[19:05:26] <robbat2> our past extensions have more than expired
+[19:05:34] <prometheanfire> :|
+[19:05:48] <robbat2> but since we're in the weird state of having not filed a 990 before
+[19:05:50] <robbat2> i don't know
+[19:06:30] <robbat2> since we're in the self-declared 501c state; this is where the CPA also comes in
+[19:06:52] <robbat2> this is not the first year we've exceeded the $25k margin, and we know nothing was filed for that previous period either
+[19:07:50] <robbat2> anyway, continue to the next item
+[19:08:21] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:08:37] Current subject: dabbott: Motion: Remove 67 members that have not voted in last 2 elections, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:08:46] <prometheanfire> dabbott: floor is yours :P
+[19:08:57] <prometheanfire> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation_Talk:Meetings/2017/02 is the list of people
+[19:09:05] <robbat2> i'm surprised it's so big
+[19:09:16] <dabbott> Now all we need to do is vote, do we want to do this now or later
+[19:09:35] <dabbott> please review the list
+[19:09:57] <dabbott> we can think about it and revisit next month
+[19:10:03] <prometheanfire> I'm surprised by a few of the devs I know on the list but not THAT surprised
+[19:10:08] <prometheanfire> they can also reapply
+[19:10:15] <dabbott> yep
+[19:10:33] <prometheanfire> would notices be sent out to them if they are removed?
+[19:10:39] <prometheanfire> I'm fine with it if so
+[19:11:09] <dabbott> then i have to explain the whole mess and they get mad at me
+[19:11:20] <prometheanfire> doesn't have to come from you
+[19:12:07] <robbat2> there's some here I want to check when they were admitted to the foundation
+[19:12:27] <robbat2> because if they only came into the foundation after the 2013 election, it's wrong to drop them now
+[19:12:42] <prometheanfire> ah, edge case
+[19:13:26] <prometheanfire> fair enough, move this til next month with robbat2 checking admission date?
+[19:14:19] <robbat2> beandog is definetly wrong to include on here
+[19:14:20] <dabbott> sounds good, please review the email I sent with the script I used and the data, just to be sure its correct
+[19:14:30] <robbat2> because he wasn't a dev at the time of the 2013 election
+[19:14:54] <robbat2> dabbott: do we have a list of when people joined the foundation?
+[19:14:56] <prometheanfire> k, you alright with taking on that task robbat2?
+[19:14:56] <dabbott> but he was a foundation member before
+[19:15:22] <robbat2> i can try for it yeah, but the finances/IRS is more important, so i'd prefer somebody else
+[19:15:32] <dabbott> he used to be a dev and retired and rejoined, i don;t think he ever lost his foundation status
+[19:15:50] <robbat2> it should be entirely public data, so it doesn't need to be a trustee that reviews the list
+[19:16:02] <prometheanfire> dabbott: can you verifiy join date for those in the list are older than 2013?
+[19:16:33] <dabbott> I review the emails
+[19:17:00] <robbat2> we should have their join/leave date for the foundation recorded somewhere
+[19:17:36] <robbat2> ok, as a quick match against LDAP, beandog & zlogene are the only edge cases
+[19:17:49] <robbat2> everybody else joined before 2013
+[19:18:08] <robbat2> joined as a dev that is
+[19:18:11] <prometheanfire> robbat2: as a dev or member?
+[19:18:24] <robbat2> that's why I asked for a list of when they joined the foundation
+[19:18:34] <robbat2> I did it based on gentooJoin LDAP
+[19:18:38] <dabbott> That has not been kept in the past afaik
+[19:18:51] <robbat2> we need to start keeping it probably
+[19:18:58] <prometheanfire> yep
+[19:19:05] <dabbott> I have the emails since I have been doing it
+[19:19:10] <robbat2> ok, zlogene is definetly wrong, he joined as a dev on 2013/06/05, which means he missed the recording date for trustees-201306
+[19:19:44] <dabbott> Ok I will remove him from the list, thanks
+[19:19:57] <prometheanfire> robbat2: that's as a dev though right?
+[19:23:22] <robbat2> yeah, this needs re-doing
+[19:23:37] <robbat2> some of the people listed here were already removed in the 2016/06 election
+[19:23:41] <robbat2> like vapier
+[19:24:10] <prometheanfire> k, postpone til net month, this seems like an alright first pass list though, needs more filters
+[19:24:16] <robbat2> i vote we approve the removal action, as emailing them, but the list of who needs editing
+[19:25:13] <prometheanfire> .vote approve the removal action, as emailing them (the list of those who are being removed needs later approval)
+[19:25:18] <prometheanfire> .help
+[19:25:54] <prometheanfire> no voting in the bot
+[19:26:08] <prometheanfire> robbat2: refining your motion
+[19:26:13] <prometheanfire> approve the removal action, as emailing them (the list of those who are being removed needs later approval)
+[19:26:26] <dabbott> prometheanfire: action then agreed
+[19:26:49] ACTION: agreed
+[19:27:27] <robbat2> .help action
+[19:27:29] <prometheanfire> ok, let's try that again
+[19:27:52] ACTION: approve the removal action, as emailing them (the list of those who are being removed needs later approval)
+[19:28:04] <dabbott> aye
+[19:28:10] <prometheanfire> dabbott: .agreed
+[19:28:59] <robbat2> i think we need to figure out the bot better, and carry on without it for now
+[19:29:00] <prometheanfire> bah
+[19:29:09] <prometheanfire> robbat2: so, aye then?
+[19:29:12] <robbat2> i second: "approve the removal action, as emailing them (the list of those who are being removed needs later approval)"
+[19:29:15] <robbat2> aye
+[19:29:27] <prometheanfire> ok, think we've all agreed on that
+[19:29:48] Current subject: robbat2: treasurer report, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:30:20] <robbat2> i need to talk to the CPA, then can finalize it
+[19:30:33] <prometheanfire> robbat2: the one I talked about earlier?
+[19:30:58] <robbat2> i _think_ i have everything correct, but need their opinion on the depreciation handling and in-kind donation valuation
+[19:31:33] <robbat2> yes, since we don't have any other CPAs that responded to our post last year
+[19:32:00] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:32:04] <prometheanfire> next?
+[19:32:41] Current subject: robbat2: Foundation Mailing Address (bug 592200), (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:32:43] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/592200 "Foundation needs to handle inbound postal mail better, by scanning & emailing"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; robbat2:trustees
+[19:32:43] <willikins> trustee-meetbot: https://bugs.gentoo.org/592200 "Foundation needs to handle inbound postal mail better, by scanning & emailing"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; robbat2:trustees
+[19:33:01] <robbat2> you have the paperwork to get notarized
+[19:33:33] <prometheanfire> yep, next step is that I notarize paperwork, then scan / upload so robbat2 can send them in
+[19:34:01] Current subject: alicef: Is SPI worth another look?, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:34:09] <prometheanfire> alicef: around?
+[19:34:31] <alicef> yes
+[19:34:56] <alicef> can you update me ?
+[19:35:07] <prometheanfire> update you?
+[19:35:31] <alicef> what we are interested to know about spi ?
+[19:35:40] <alicef> as general look ?
+[19:36:21] <prometheanfire> I think so, and what they require for financials would be good to know as well
+[19:37:26] <robbat2> err, we already said this last meeting, that alice was doing to look at the SPI stuff
+[19:37:34] <prometheanfire> ya
+[19:37:39] <robbat2> alicef: did nothing happen yet in that?
+[19:37:44] <prometheanfire> alicef: feel free to look at it then :P
+[19:38:02] <alicef> we can have more than one project liason
+[19:38:17] <alicef> after talking with spi member, I talk about that
+[19:38:28] <alicef> because was looking like a requested thing from our email
+[19:39:09] <prometheanfire> ya, we don't want a bus factor of 1
+[19:39:25] <dabbott> Are they interested in us joining them. what do they get out of it?
+[19:41:07] <alicef> as now i have talk not as project member but as offrecord talk, but i can try to deal as gentoo project member and ask more in detail
+[19:41:23] <prometheanfire> that'd be appreciated
+[19:41:31] <dabbott> thanks alicef
+[19:41:32] <alicef> ok
+[19:41:38] <prometheanfire> moving on then :D
+[19:41:48] Current subject: robbat2: Private Policy (is it published yet?), (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:42:41] <robbat2> when did that wind up on my items? a3li was doing it before
+[19:42:49] <prometheanfire> not sure
+[19:43:01] <robbat2> anyway, it just needs to go onto the webpage and wiki in a locked form
+[19:43:14] <robbat2> maffblaster_: ^^^ you can do it as the new wiki/www person ;-)
+[19:43:21] <prometheanfire> robbat2: good point :D
+[19:43:29] <dabbott> perfect
+[19:43:40] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:43:48] Current subject: prometheanfire:D&O insurance Bug 592198, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:43:51] <willikins> https://bugs.gentoo.org/592198 "D&O insurance"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; prometheanfire:trustees
+[19:43:51] <willikins> trustee-meetbot: https://bugs.gentoo.org/592198 "D&O insurance"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; prometheanfire:trustees
+[19:44:06] <maffblaster_> Woah.
+[19:44:23] <maffblaster_> You need me to draft one up?
+[19:44:25] <prometheanfire> so, next step is to submit some questions about the app
+[19:44:34] <prometheanfire> maffblaster_: publish only I think
+[19:44:41] <maffblaster_> Oh, that's easy.
+[19:44:45] <robbat2> maffblaster_: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:A3li/Privacy_Policy_Draft we approved this already
+[19:45:05] <prometheanfire> once our questions are answered we'll finalize the app and submit it
+[19:45:07] <maffblaster_> I'll publish it and then probably create a link to it on www.g.o.
+[19:45:17] <prometheanfire> the questions are set to be sent out monday (business day)
+[19:45:43] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:45:52] Current subject: prometheanfire: Combining Trustees and Council into 'The Board', (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:46:07] <prometheanfire> no update, I may do something mid march when I have more time
+[19:46:49] <dabbott> prometheanfire: for the bot to track what you say .info
+[19:47:05] <prometheanfire> dabbott: next time, too late this far into the meeting
+[19:47:20] <dabbott> prometheanfire: understood
+[19:47:30] Current subject: Working with Gentoo-ev (results of meeting), (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:47:55] <prometheanfire> talked with them (sping specifically) at fosdem
+[19:48:11] <prometheanfire> not much to say, we are both basically doing the same thing in diferent jurisdictions
+[19:48:56] <prometheanfire> it was a short meeting right before I got on a train to rotterdam, so wasn't that deep
+[19:49:13] Current subject: prometheanfire: Do we need date of birth in developer apps., (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:49:22] <prometheanfire> this came up recently here
+[19:49:38] <prometheanfire> talked with robbat some yesterday while working on paperwork
+[19:49:57] <prometheanfire> the main concern for us I think is about copyright assignment
+[19:51:18] <prometheanfire> I think the suggestion for the following has merrit
+[19:51:21] <prometheanfire> greater of local age of majority and US age of majority is met OR 'adult' allowing
+[19:52:06] <dabbott> whats that mean?
+[19:52:42] <prometheanfire> the dev applying needs to be the greater of their local age of majority or the US age of majority
+[19:52:44] <prometheanfire> OR
+[19:53:13] <prometheanfire> their guardian allows if they are under-age, not sure how we'd verify this part though
+[19:53:57] <robbat2> to use two concrete examples:
+[19:53:59] <robbat2> 1. a 14 year old Iranian student is of majority in Iran, but not of majority in the US [18-21]
+[19:54:20] <dabbott> local age of majority means an adult in their country
+[19:54:52] <robbat2> 2. a 20 year old Singaporian is not an adult in Singapore yet, but would be for the US
+[19:55:14] <robbat2> we want to replace the need for the birthdate by a signed statement from the person 'I am of sufficent age of majority'
+[19:55:38] <dabbott> ok sounds good
+[19:55:53] <robbat2> brb toddler
+[19:56:17] <prometheanfire> shouold we vote on this now or wait til next month?
+[19:56:50] <robbat2> i think draft it as a proposed policy and post it for comments then vote next month
+[19:56:51] <dabbott> So we don't need to verify the information just get them to ack
+[19:57:10] <prometheanfire> ya
+[19:57:17] <prometheanfire> send out draft update to -nfp
+[19:57:22] <prometheanfire> and probably -project
+[19:57:33] <prometheanfire> k, I'll do that then
+[19:57:40] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:57:44] <prometheanfire> swift had nothing
+[19:58:00] <dabbott> prometheanfire: send the email to trustees and we can help
+[19:58:11] Current subject: open trustee bugs, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:58:13] <prometheanfire> dabbott: k
+[19:58:21] <dabbott> then once we have it the way we want send it out
+[19:59:09] <prometheanfire> bug 605336
+[19:59:12] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/605336 "Funding request for livedvd handout copies, FOSDEM 2017"; Gentoo Foundation, Reimbursements; CONF; dilfridge:trustees
+[19:59:26] <dilfridge> hm?
+[19:59:28] <prometheanfire> I think all we need to do is send the money
+[19:59:35] <dilfridge> invoice is coming
+[19:59:47] <dilfridge> I got sent one (by snail mail) with wrong numbers on it
+[19:59:59] <dilfridge> corrected one arrived end of the week
+[20:00:00] <robbat2> yeah, there's several open reimbursement requests where I am waiting for invoices still
+[20:00:02] <prometheanfire> dabbott: ah, thought you already uploaded one for some reason, ok, will wait on that
+[20:00:07] <dilfridge> will take a photo and attach it to the bug
+[20:00:16] <prometheanfire> dilfridge: meant for you
+[20:00:19] <prometheanfire> dabbott: not you :P
+[20:00:58] <prometheanfire> don't think there's anything about bug 607622 for us to discuss
+[20:01:00] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/607622 "a new sparc machine is needed"; Gentoo Foundation, Infra Support; CONF; ago:trustees
+[20:01:12] <robbat2> alicef: bug #598010, i need the invoice if you want reimbursement
+[20:01:14] <willikins> robbat2: https://bugs.gentoo.org/598010 "Reimbursement for Gentoo banner and Gentoo booth table cover."; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; alicef:trustees
+[20:01:45] <robbat2> bug #610092, we need to approve the reimbursement (that's a invoice already)
+[20:01:51] <willikins> robbat2: https://bugs.gentoo.org/610092 "Poster print reimbursment "Gentoo Ecosystem""; Gentoo Foundation, Reimbursements; CONF; dilfridge:trustees
+[20:02:00] <alicef> about cover table and pop up banner, the pop up banner will be made next week. about the cover table i need someone that can change the photoshop AI file. for order also that.
+[20:02:00] <prometheanfire> we can vote on this though bug 610092
+[20:02:04] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/610092 "Poster print reimbursment "Gentoo Ecosystem""; Gentoo Foundation, Reimbursements; CONF; dilfridge:trustees
+[20:02:18] <alicef> but no luck as now
+[20:02:42] <robbat2> i vote aye on 610092
+[20:02:43] <prometheanfire> alicef: I might be able to change it (or a friend at work can), send me an email with exactly what's needed
+[20:02:53] <prometheanfire> I vote aye on 610092
+[20:03:09] <prometheanfire> dilfridge: that's the one I was thinking of :P
+[20:03:16] <dilfridge> heh, yep
+[20:03:21] <alicef> prometheanfire: thanks
+[20:03:21] <dabbott> prometheanfire: we can vote on the bug
+[20:03:40] <prometheanfire> dabbott: sure, but we can vote here too
+[20:03:59] <dabbott> aye bug 610092
+[20:04:02] <willikins> dabbott: https://bugs.gentoo.org/610092 "Poster print reimbursment "Gentoo Ecosystem""; Gentoo Foundation, Reimbursements; CONF; dilfridge:trustees
+[20:04:40] <prometheanfire> k, will update the bug with vote results
+[20:04:47] <prometheanfire> any other bugs
+[20:06:10] <prometheanfire> k, next
+[20:06:20] Current subject: membership apps, (set by prometheanfire)
+[20:06:28] <prometheanfire> maffblaster's app
+[20:06:40] <dabbott> yes
+[20:06:40] <prometheanfire> I vote aye to accepting maffblaster as a member
+[20:06:51] <robbat2> aye
+[20:07:26] <prometheanfire> k, accepted
+[20:07:31] <prometheanfire> seems he already has voice
+[20:07:46] <prometheanfire> :P
+[20:07:49] <prometheanfire> was just getting to that
+[20:07:59] <dabbott> heh
+[20:08:09] ACTION: appoint maffblaster Foundation Wiki Editor
+[20:08:20] <prometheanfire> eh
+[20:08:22] <prometheanfire> aye
+[20:08:32] <maffblaster_> Thanks. Any action items I need to be aware of besides the Privacy Policy?
+[20:08:58] <prometheanfire> maffblaster_: for now, no, maybe looking at updates to the contractor page thing
+[20:09:08] <dabbott> agreed after we agree then .agree maffblaster approved as Foundation Wiki Editor
+[20:09:27] AGREED: maffblaster approved as Foundation Wiki Editor
+[20:09:32] <NeddySeagoon> Does that make maffblaster_ an officer?
+[20:09:38] <dabbott> sweet :)
+[20:09:48] <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: I don't think that's needed for this
+[20:09:54] <dabbott> NeddySeagoon: I hope so
+[20:10:10] <maffblaster_> Officer: Wiki Liaison ?
+[20:10:42] <NeddySeagoon> As on officer, he would be covered by D&O insurance
+[20:10:44] <dabbott> or Wiki and www Liaison
+[20:11:21] <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: point
+[20:11:27] <robbat2> i would say not an officer, because he has no financial impact
+[20:11:37] <robbat2> (vs the treasurer / infra positions)
+[20:11:48] <maffblaster_> Web and Wiki Liaison?
+[20:12:31] <prometheanfire> we can take up to officer thing next meeting if desired, I don't think it hurts or helps us much really
+[20:12:32] <NeddySeagoon> robbat2: I was thinking of publishing and liability
+[20:12:43] <prometheanfire> NeddySeagoon: except for D&O
+[20:12:50] <NeddySeagoon> prometheanfire: agreed
+[20:13:29] <maffblaster_> Thanks guys. Glad to be part of the team.
+[20:13:43] <prometheanfire> maffblaster_: just means more, thankless work :P
+[20:14:06] <dabbott> thanks for all your help maffblaster_
+[20:14:28] <maffblaster_> You're welcome.
+[20:14:30] <maffblaster_> I'm out!
+[20:14:40] <prometheanfire> robbat2: would we need to update apps if making him an officer?
+[20:14:59] <robbat2> yes, mostly the new mexico one
+[20:15:19] <prometheanfire> well, that's just updating the site, but if that's it then it seems low effort
+[20:15:31] <robbat2> NeddySeagoon: thankfully the US doesn't have some of the crazy publishing defamation laws that the UK does
+[20:15:41] <NeddySeagoon> heh
+[20:15:49] <prometheanfire> robbat2: of that we can agree :P
+[20:16:08] <robbat2> prometheanfire: the concern then is later stuff requires listing all officers and getting signing on more of them
+[20:16:57] <prometheanfire> robbat2: if that's the case, then I'm not sure it's necessary, especially with US publishing laws
+[20:17:41] <dabbott> robbat2: we need to get him added to the foundation wiki namespace permissions
+[20:17:52] <dabbott> should I open a bug?
+[20:18:01] <prometheanfire> that'd be best, logging wise
+[20:18:07] <dabbott> ok will do
+[20:18:20] <prometheanfire> k, we can decide on officership next meeting
+[20:18:25] <prometheanfire> anyone have anything else?
+[20:18:31] <robbat2> he has the beaurcrat bit in wiki, but the bug should be done for logging
+[20:19:15] <robbat2> i have no new business
+[20:19:26] <prometheanfire> dabbott: anything else?
+[20:19:31] <prometheanfire> open floor otherwise
+[20:19:36] <dabbott> nothing here
+[20:19:48] <prometheanfire> k, will close in 2 min
+[20:21:36] Meeting ended by prometheanfire, total meeting length 4964 seconds