summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to '2017/20170716.log.txt')
-rw-r--r--2017/20170716.log.txt219
1 files changed, 219 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2017/20170716.log.txt b/2017/20170716.log.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..74fef97
--- /dev/null
+++ b/2017/20170716.log.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,219 @@
+[19:07:18] Meeting started by prometheanfire
+[19:07:32] Meeting chairs are: robbat2, dabbott, swift, prometheanfire,
+[19:07:46] Current subject: rollcall, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:07:48] <prometheanfire> o\
+[19:07:52] <prometheanfire> o/
+[19:08:01] <robbat2> present
+[19:08:06] <dabbott> here
+[19:08:17] <SwifT> \o/
+[19:08:39] <prometheanfire> k, we know antarus is afk, so moving on
+[19:08:50] <prometheanfire> dabbott: you logging?
+[19:09:07] <dabbott> yes
+[19:09:11] Current subject: election, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:09:20] <prometheanfire> dabbott: all yours for now I believe
+[19:10:01] <dabbott> moving along have 3 nominations
+[19:10:21] <dabbott> that were accepted
+[19:11:20] <prometheanfire> looks like we still have about a week for people to nominate/accept
+[19:11:36] <dwfreed> yes
+[19:13:02] <robbat2> i don't think there is an actions needed on the part of trustees until the election is done
+[19:13:04] <prometheanfire> anything else or move on?
+[19:13:17] <dabbott> move on please
+[19:13:45] Current subject: activity tracker https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Gentoo_Foundation_Activity_Tracker, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:13:57] <prometheanfire> we already talked about the election
+[19:14:12] <robbat2> no items due for this meeting, but a reminder that our annual reports are due in the next meeting
+[19:14:25] <prometheanfire> next month is the treasurers report, presidents report and anual meeting
+[19:14:52] <prometheanfire> other than that, nothing
+[19:14:59] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:15:06] Current subject: Foundation Mailing Address changing tracking bug 613950, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:15:09] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/613950 "Change of Mailing Address: tracker bug"; Gentoo Foundation, Filings; CONF; robbat2:trustees
+[19:15:09] <willikins> trustee-meetbot: https://bugs.gentoo.org/613950 "Change of Mailing Address: tracker bug"; Gentoo Foundation, Filings; CONF; robbat2:trustees
+[19:15:32] <prometheanfire> robbat2: progress, anything else for us to do?
+[19:15:42] <robbat2> blocking on bank accounts almost entirely
+[19:16:03] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:16:08] <prometheanfire> next
+[19:16:16] Current subject: IRS Status Report (waiting on bank), (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:16:23] <prometheanfire> I believe that's blocked on the bank as well
+[19:16:27] <robbat2> so, details on the new accountant actually
+[19:16:44] <robbat2> i was originally going to meet with them after this meeting, but met on this past Friday instead
+[19:17:22] <robbat2> my forensic re-doing accounting got a big A+, just minor changes needed other than finding missing bank statements
+[19:17:32] <dabbott> :)
+[19:17:40] <robbat2> they were originally planning on spending 50 hours doing that themslves (5 hours per fiscal year estimated)
+[19:17:45] <veremitz> robbat2++
+[19:18:00] <SwifT> you've done a tremendous job, robbat2
+[19:18:28] <prometheanfire> robbat2: awesome job :D
+[19:18:38] <robbat2> so it's the actual scope what they are doing for us is now not forensic accounting but accounting consulting/auditing, at a higher rate
+[19:18:45] <robbat2> $60USD/hr, but much less hours
+[19:19:13] <robbat2> early this coming week, they are phoning the IRS to try and narrow down some information about our federal status
+[19:20:05] <robbat2> and I need to get the accounting work I have reformatted into IRS-expected documents
+[19:20:42] <robbat2> Balance Sheet we had already, but need to do income statement/cashflow/statement of retained earnings
+[19:21:41] <robbat2> their initial assessment looks like for lack of filing statements to the IRS that we're still active may have lead to us being put into an inactive state
+[19:22:03] <robbat2> and it'll be figuring out what makes the most sense to get back to active state
+[19:22:36] <robbat2> which probably be filing full 990 forms for at least the last 7 years (probably not back our full 12 years)
+[19:23:03] <robbat2> there is a small chance it might be more effective just to redo a new federal 501c6 w/ the same name
+[19:23:12] <robbat2> depending how far the original trustees actually made it in filing
+[19:23:13] <dabbott> yep
+[19:24:01] <robbat2> seperately, I did mention the need for new banking
+[19:24:15] <robbat2> they said try HSBC for now, but might just have to stick to new accounts at CapOne for the moment
+[19:24:19] <prometheanfire> I know K_F had suggestions there
+[19:24:23] <robbat2> and have only USians on the account
+[19:24:57] <robbat2> we have a deadline of august 1st for an account to link to the next GSOC payment to
+[19:25:03] <robbat2> so I think we should do BOTH
+[19:25:27] <robbat2> prometheanfire: can you go to CapOne on Monday and open a new account that I can get the GSOC payment into?
+[19:25:52] <prometheanfire> sure, type and the like would be good to know
+[19:26:04] <robbat2> the only other Payoneer choice for the moment other than bank account is a payment card, but apparently that's hard to use up in some cases
+[19:26:13] <prometheanfire> guessing I'll need a bunch of info for a business account?
+[19:26:26] <robbat2> you already have everything from trying to fix the existing account
+[19:26:33] <prometheanfire> ya, thought so
+[19:26:35] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:26:48] <robbat2> if you're activated on the 360 account, then you're set for a new chequing account
+[19:26:57] <robbat2> it SHOULD be linked to the 360
+[19:27:30] <prometheanfire> not sure I'm active there...
+[19:27:36] <robbat2> we are NOT applying for any line of credit: the chequing account should be funded from the 360
+[19:27:49] <robbat2> dabbott did say you had to finish the activation for it
+[19:28:06] <prometheanfire> right, need to call in for that
+[19:28:31] <dabbott> prometheanfire: thats the Sparks Account # Spark Savings ...8438
+[19:28:46] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:28:48] <dabbott> They just need to verify you
+[19:28:54] <prometheanfire> recorded for todo tomorrow
+[19:29:03] <dabbott> in person may be the best
+[19:29:05] <robbat2> i'm away Tuesday-Monday, so please try hard to get it sorted before I'm back Monday 24th
+[19:29:19] <prometheanfire> dabbott: oh, then I'll do it at the bank then
+[19:29:44] <robbat2> yeah, opening the new account is probably easiest in person as well
+[19:29:50] <robbat2> verify + open all together at once
+[19:29:51] <dabbott> prometheanfire: I have access to that account, they know me, if they need to verify anything
+[19:30:23] <robbat2> and, a small ray of light on the old account:
+[19:30:27] <prometheanfire> robbat2: ya, was going to do that in person
+[19:30:37] <prometheanfire> dabbott: right
+[19:30:40] <robbat2> i got tsunam to reset the password for it; and he shared it with me, but I haven't had time to try it yet
+[19:30:49] <robbat2> hopefully it will get me all the missing statements
+[19:31:22] <prometheanfire> that'd be a big boom
+[19:31:25] <prometheanfire> boon
+[19:31:42] <robbat2> that's everything in flight for the treasurer role at present
+[19:31:51] <prometheanfire> ok, just to be clear what my tasks are
+[19:31:53] <dabbott> Then you can just tranfer those funds into the new account
+[19:32:04] <dabbott> and its a done deal
+[19:32:07] <prometheanfire> activate myself on sparks savings
+[19:32:13] <dabbott> yes
+[19:32:27] <prometheanfire> then open up a new checking account and link to afformentioned sparks savings account
+[19:32:42] <prometheanfire> adding all those in the previous paperwork (to regain access to checking)
+[19:32:47] <dabbott> The other account is a checking account, thats what you want to open
+[19:32:56] <prometheanfire> yep
+[19:33:05] <robbat2> the old account is a legacy checking account, that doesn't integrate properly
+[19:33:23] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:33:28] <dabbott> so we will have a new checking and access to the sparks savings
+[19:33:39] <dabbott> they will be linked
+[19:33:53] <prometheanfire> the only thing we need from the old checking would be statements
+[19:34:03] <robbat2> after the money is moved, which I might be able to do
+[19:34:04] <prometheanfire> then we'd be able to close it (maybe) or at least move the funds out
+[19:34:05] <dabbott> and money
+[19:34:19] <dabbott> yep
+[19:34:39] <robbat2> ok, next agenda item, because dabbott has to go at 20:00 UTC sharp
+[19:34:58] <prometheanfire> yep, next
+[19:35:08] Current subject: D&O insurance Bug 592198, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:35:12] <willikins> https://bugs.gentoo.org/592198 "D&O insurance"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; prometheanfire:trustees
+[19:35:12] <willikins> trustee-meetbot: https://bugs.gentoo.org/592198 "D&O insurance"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; prometheanfire:trustees
+[19:35:25] <prometheanfire> that should be removed (we're done as of last meeting with that
+[19:35:33] Current subject: prune the email aliases (trustees, paypal, cafepress, etc) of old members/trustees., (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:35:38] <prometheanfire> done
+[19:35:44] Current subject: Combining Trustees and Council into 'The Board', (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:36:06] <prometheanfire> seems to have come up again in the nominations, but nothing to do there yet
+[19:36:13] Current subject: Do we need date of birth in developer apps (how'd the email go)?, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:36:26] <prometheanfire> not sure on that one...
+[19:37:14] <robbat2> agreement that getting rid of it was right, but I don't think people were sufficently happy with the assertion replacement
+[19:38:04] <prometheanfire> given we can't do things in person it's the only option I see, perhaps consulting with others to confirm that's good would help?
+[19:38:37] <robbat2> maybe pick your brain of your PSF legal contact?
+[19:38:51] <robbat2> i might have the oppurtity to pick somebody elses brain while I'm away, so i'll see too
+[19:39:15] <prometheanfire> he left rackspace I think
+[19:39:49] <prometheanfire> I was going to suggest maybe the foundations list or spi/other
+[19:40:01] <robbat2> ok, can you take care of that?
+[19:40:08] <prometheanfire> sure, I'll mail the list
+[19:40:14] Current subject: Is SPI worth another look? Status?, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:40:18] <prometheanfire> alicef: ^
+[19:40:49] <dabbott> !time alicef
+[19:40:49] <willikins> dabbott: Asia - Tokyo - Mon Jul 17 04:40 JST
+[19:40:52] <robbat2> she did include us on some emails w/ the SPI, but it sounds like they had the same problem of lacking good accounting resources as us
+[19:41:01] <prometheanfire> right
+[19:41:10] <prometheanfire> dabbott: she's been here before :P
+[19:41:24] <robbat2> and she complained about the time too
+[19:41:28] <prometheanfire> ok, moving on
+[19:41:29] <prometheanfire> she did
+[19:41:31] <dabbott> I know, just curious
+[19:41:36] <robbat2> if she gets elected, she wants it moved
+[19:41:53] <prometheanfire> that's fine by me, a couple hours later would be fine with me
+[19:42:03] Current subject: ownership of gentoo.slack.com, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:42:08] <prometheanfire> that was also alicef
+[19:42:20] <prometheanfire> we can leave that for if she shows up
+[19:42:23] <robbat2> she did ask for 4 hours earlier, otherwise it's too late for Europe
+[19:42:30] <dabbott> we don't want it
+[19:42:59] <robbat2> i agree w/ dabbott there, but the question comes up for comrel behavior issues then
+[19:43:02] <prometheanfire> SwifT: aren't you stepping down?
+[19:43:05] <veremitz> pass to -pr/maff?
+[19:43:10] <SwifT> prometheanfire: yes I am
+[19:43:34] <prometheanfire> ah, klondike is .eu as well
+[19:44:31] <robbat2> klondike is .eu, kensington is .au
+[19:44:33] <prometheanfire> robbat2: ya, but that's the same question/concern we had with comrel/council in the first place
+[19:44:44] <prometheanfire> robbat2: any time picked is going to suck then
+[19:44:45] <dabbott> robbat2: I committed the statement history
+[19:44:50] <prometheanfire> know that one from experience
+[19:45:31] <robbat2> dabbott: i need the PDFs too
+[19:45:42] <robbat2> there's extra data in them that's not in the CSV
+[19:45:51] <prometheanfire> also, does the board need to be primarilly US (as in 3/5)?
+[19:45:59] <dilfridge> hmm?
+[19:46:06] <prometheanfire> don't think so, but want to make sure
+[19:46:24] <robbat2> that's a good question; i don't know the answer
+[19:47:40] <prometheanfire> I doubt it from a logical standpoint, the foundation is within us law, that it's members aren't in the us doesn't mater, but may be wrong
+[19:47:50] <prometheanfire> anyway, something to look into
+[19:47:55] <robbat2> ask foundations list?
+[19:48:02] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:48:13] <dabbott> robbat2: no pdf, QBO CVS or OFX
+[19:48:25] <robbat2> dabbott: there is a PDF download in the web UI
+[19:48:31] <robbat2> look for something about documents/statements
+[19:48:35] <prometheanfire> moving on
+[19:48:43] Current subject: foundation bug tracker, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:48:53] <robbat2> dabbott: it's not on the same page as the rest
+[19:49:03] LINK: https://goo.gl/CTX1qO [Bug List: TrusteesOpenBugs]
+[19:49:30] <prometheanfire> bug 623034
+[19:49:33] <willikins> prometheanfire: https://bugs.gentoo.org/623034 "Approve membership re-application of Damien Moody (audiodef)"; Gentoo Foundation, Proposals; CONF; robbat2:trustees
+[19:49:39] <robbat2> that was done already
+[19:49:41] <prometheanfire> it looks like that was done
+[19:49:52] <prometheanfire> dabbott: he in the rolls, can we close it?
+[19:49:55] <robbat2> i don't think any actiosn needed in the bugs
+[19:50:22] <prometheanfire> only other actionable bug I see is bug 605336
+[19:50:33] <prometheanfire> which I think we can close
+[19:50:42] <prometheanfire> can you confirm that one robbat2?
+[19:50:53] <robbat2> it's open until I close the financial year accounts
+[19:51:03] <robbat2> a coupel of other bugs for the same reason
+[19:51:16] <robbat2> all marked in the whiteboard with suitable tags
+[19:51:23] <prometheanfire> ah, k
+[19:51:27] <robbat2> 'finance-audit:TODO'
+[19:51:41] <prometheanfire> yep
+[19:52:37] <prometheanfire> ok, going to close the audiodef bug and move on then
+[19:53:10] <prometheanfire> the membership applications was just audiodef, which was addressed via the bug
+[19:53:23] Current subject: next meeting date, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:53:25] <prometheanfire> Date of Next Meeting - Sun Aug 19 2017 19:00 UTC
+[19:53:36] <robbat2> this is the AGM, be there!
+[19:53:38] <prometheanfire> that's the current proposal
+[19:53:48] <SwifT> actually I'm on holidays then, but I'll try to make it
+[19:53:55] <dabbott> fine here
+[19:54:02] <SwifT> I remain in EU so should have data connectivity on my cell
+[19:54:08] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:54:17] <robbat2> (i have one item for AoB, related to swift)
+[19:54:33] Current subject: open floor, (set by prometheanfire)
+[19:54:35] <prometheanfire> robbat2: ?
+[19:54:53] <robbat2> SwifT: you're the closest we have to somebody on the original board of trustees
+[19:55:06] <robbat2> in the official minutes here, can you state for your recollection
+[19:55:26] <robbat2> if you have ANY idea that the original board filed IRS federal paperwork?
+[19:56:19] <robbat2> it should have been 26 months from the inception of the NM NFP; which puts it before the first trustees election in 200
+[19:56:22] <robbat2> *2008
+[19:56:28] <SwifT> I have always went from the assumption that it did; we did talk a lot about the IRS stuff, but ifyou're asking me if I have proof of that, sadly, that isn't the case
+[19:56:57] <SwifT> a lot of it was done by phone then as well
+[19:57:04] <robbat2> yeah, all I find is mentions of talking about it, but no proof anything was done except getting an EIN
+[19:57:30] <robbat2> thank you
+[19:57:33] <robbat2> that's all
+[19:57:39] <SwifT> as I'm not a US resident I didn't follow up on it much
+[19:57:42] <prometheanfire> anything else before meeting close?
+[19:58:03] <dabbott> robbat2: I found the pdf's
+[19:58:08] <robbat2> dabbott: thanks
+[19:58:21] <dabbott> push shortly
+[19:58:28] <prometheanfire> k
+[19:58:32] Meeting ended by prometheanfire, total meeting length 3074 seconds