[19:00:00] Meeting started by prometheanfire
[19:00:21] Meeting chairs are: alicef, dabbott, kensington, prometheanfire, zlg,
[19:00:26] <prometheanfire> .topic roll call
[19:00:28] <prometheanfire> o/
[19:00:30] <zlg> o/
[19:00:30] <robbat2> present
[19:00:33] <dabbott> here
[19:00:33] <robbat2> (only just)
[19:00:34] Current subject: roll call, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:00:53] <prometheanfire> alicef: kensington ?
[19:01:09] <prometheanfire> will give 2 min to show
[19:02:48] <dwfreed> yo
[19:03:24] <robbat2> (i was paged for work at 05h15, and spent 3 hours on a chain of related issues before I went back to bed)
[19:03:35] <dwfreed> ouch
[19:03:36] <prometheanfire> woo
[19:03:41] <dwfreed> I'm fixing an ircd
[19:03:45] <prometheanfire> ok, not showing
[19:03:53] <zlg> robbat2: :[ I hope they pay you more for that
[19:03:58] Current subject: Who is logging the meeting?, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:04:14] <dabbott> I got it
[19:04:19] Current subject: Has the NM filing been updated? (prometheanfire), (set by prometheanfire)
[19:04:21] <prometheanfire> yes
[19:04:30] <prometheanfire> don't know why that's still on the schedule
[19:04:32] <robbat2> zlg: no overtime, salaried; but i'll take 3 hours out of next week
[19:04:36] <dabbott> thanks prometheanfire
[19:04:42] <zlg> robbat2: that's not too bad, then, I guess :)
[19:05:01] Current subject: activity tracker, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:05:21] <prometheanfire> next thing is to send out emails to people listed in the https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Consultants page
[19:05:24] <robbat2> this agenda doesn't look like it was updated post-October correctly
[19:06:15] <prometheanfire> we can do that next meeting (email them that day)
[19:06:28] <prometheanfire> robbat2: I think I just missed that one thing, everything else should be valid
[19:06:42] Current subject: irs/mailing updates, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:06:47] <prometheanfire> robbat2: zlg ?
[19:07:10] <robbat2> we have all the bank statements with new address, we should do a next wave of those
[19:07:20] <robbat2> there are bugs already
[19:07:27] <prometheanfire> yep
[19:07:50] <robbat2> any IRS pieces are outstanding on cleaning up the old financial data and giving reports to the accountant
[19:08:11] <robbat2> if zlg has time after meeting, we can squeeze some more of that in
[19:08:31] <prometheanfire> sounds good, anything else?
[19:08:34] <zlg> robbat2 and I used last week's meeting time to get me introduced to how we handle Paypal transactions and the rubycsv tool. I'd like to continue that today
[19:08:57] <robbat2> nothing else on old business front, some new business later
[19:09:36] <prometheanfire> ok
[19:09:43] Current subject: alicef's stuff, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:09:57] <prometheanfire> I think we can move here items to next month, none are time sensitive
[19:10:16] <zlg> She was present 30 min ago... wonder where she went.
[19:10:36] <dabbott> She was trying to stay up must of dosed off
[19:10:46] <zlg> Oh yeah, it's early morning in Japan.
[19:10:51] <prometheanfire> not sure if we can move this earlier for her
[19:11:16] <prometheanfire> it'd be fine with me
[19:11:25] <dabbott> 18:00 would be ok here
[19:11:39] <dabbott> not sure if that helps
[19:11:39] <zlg> I'm definitely not a morning person, but I could deal with an hour earlier.
[19:11:49] <robbat2> can we move it later instead?
[19:12:06] <prometheanfire> that could work as well
[19:12:06] <dwfreed> use a whenisgood
[19:12:17] <prometheanfire> ya, I'll set that up and send it out
[19:12:26] <robbat2> we don't have anybody in Europe anymore, so should be easy to shift later
[19:12:28] <dabbott> prometheanfire: sounds good
[19:12:34] <zlg> I was just going to ask that, haha
[19:12:40] <prometheanfire> it's not as bad as my other meeting (india, australia, germany, US)
[19:12:49] <prometheanfire> ah, nice
[19:12:49] <zlg> prometheanfire: busy guy
[19:12:58] <prometheanfire> that one SUCKS :D
[19:13:04] <prometheanfire> ok, moving on
[19:13:12] Current subject: larrythecow.org https://bugs.gentoo.org/634406 , (set by prometheanfire)
[19:13:25] <prometheanfire> I'll email the hosting provider as the next step
[19:13:37] <prometheanfire> we've recieved no response
[19:13:42] <zlg> fun
[19:13:51] <prometheanfire> yep
[19:14:35] Current subject: openssl ecc patents https://bugs.gentoo.org/531540 , (set by prometheanfire)
[19:14:48] <prometheanfire> robbat2: not sure if you want to lead here
[19:15:04] <prometheanfire> from outstanding bugs it looks like 1.1 won't be stabilized any time soon
[19:15:05] <dwfreed> never even heard of hawk host
[19:15:21] <robbat2> no change, I haven't had time to work on the 1.0 port of the patch
[19:15:38] <robbat2> it'll be that XOR financial w/ zlg this afternoon
[19:16:28] <prometheanfire> ok
[19:16:40] <prometheanfire> next then
[19:16:43] Current subject: user appealing to us https://bugs.gentoo.org/637606 , (set by prometheanfire)
[19:16:53] <prometheanfire> imo this is council's domain
[19:17:02] <prometheanfire> it's a tech decision
[19:17:05] <zlg> I don't know why trustees were CC.d
[19:17:06] <dabbott> +1
[19:17:12] <robbat2> and he retracted his request after I re-explained the technical change
[19:17:13] <prometheanfire> Soap__: ^^ :P
[19:17:35] <Soap__> robbat2: butbut!
[19:17:48] <zlg> additionally, there's been back-and-forth passive-aggressive behavior, so let comrel deal with it.
[19:17:59] <prometheanfire> well, I'll leave a comment stating technical decisions are council's domain
[19:18:07] <Soap__> zlg: i.e. let it just rot away
[19:18:10] <zlg> k_f already commented that it appeared unactionable.
[19:18:59] <prometheanfire> yep, we are just confirming that
[19:19:36] <prometheanfire> next then, I'll leave the comment
[19:19:58] Current subject: infra update, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:20:01] <prometheanfire> jmbsvicetto: around?
[19:20:49] <prometheanfire> robbat2: if he's not around, any updates?
[19:20:55] <robbat2> i haven't seen him on IRC in nearly 2 weeks
[19:21:10] <robbat2> it ties into the new business, yes
[19:21:23] <kensington> Sorry guys
[19:21:25] <robbat2> i think one or two of the existing sponsors might be having financial troublle
[19:21:40] <robbat2> they haven't been contactable
[19:22:17] <robbat2> I think we can survive loss of those systems, worst case I'll spin up another Hetzner or EC2 host
[19:22:45] <prometheanfire> ok
[19:23:00] <zlg> is this sponsor managing a machine with the new storage we bought a while ago?
[19:23:23] <robbat2> no
[19:23:34] <prometheanfire> that storage is in osuosl right?
[19:23:40] <robbat2> it's at Gossamer
[19:23:43] <robbat2> in Vancouver, local to me
[19:23:43] <zlg> ah
[19:23:49] <prometheanfire> k
[19:23:57] <robbat2> and the storage has asset tagging on it that points back to US
[19:23:58] <prometheanfire> any other infra updates?
[19:23:59] <dabbott> robbat2: any more room at OSU that we can buy more hardware
[19:24:46] <robbat2> dabbott: i was earmarking remaining rack space at OSL for non-infra dev systems, like if sparc team gets back to us with a proposal to buy
[19:24:47] <zlg> robbat2: If you run into trouble wrt US/Canada stuff, I'm only about 4-5 hours away from you.. but lack a passport.
[19:25:03] <Soap__> zlg: you lack a passport?
[19:25:05] <Soap__> wat
[19:25:25] <zlg> US citizens aren't required to have a passport if they've never left the country.
[19:25:38] <Soap__> zlg: the same goes for literally every country
[19:25:41] <robbat2> we have lots of servers in US-West and Europe, we don't have much around US-East or anywhere in Asia/Australia
[19:26:26] <prometheanfire> hosting in asia/.au has always been expensive iirc
[19:27:34] <robbat2> anyway, nothing actionable in infra-land presently
[19:27:42] <prometheanfire> ok, moving on
[19:27:50] Current subject: Treasurer update, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:28:20] <robbat2> as noted earlier, zlg has been picking up the Paypal->Ledger stuff nicely
[19:28:26] <zlg> pretty sure we covered that earlier, but to reiterate we're going over catching up on recent transactions (since now I have account access) and importing more statements.
[19:29:18] <robbat2> nothing else there presently, except maybe to ask if K_F is around to help check some complicated transactions
[19:29:29] <zlg> I'm hoping to have enough time to have all transactions accounted for since assuming the office by the beginning of next year.
[19:29:53] <robbat2> that's probably within reach today ;-)
[19:29:59] <zlg> seriously?
[19:30:02] <zlg> That'd be awesome.
[19:30:24] <prometheanfire> indeed :D
[19:30:45] <robbat2> it's only the paypal import to reach that point, the big work is fixing some old deep transactions per the accountant's request
[19:30:54] <robbat2> depreciation, currency exchange stuff
[19:31:10] <zlg> aren't there other transactions that would need to be accounted for, like anything having to do with our CapOne accounts?
[19:31:26] <zlg> (I suppose that's what the statements are for, though)
[19:31:36] <robbat2> we did those already
[19:31:51] <robbat2> you did specifically
[19:31:51] <zlg> no activity since August, then?
[19:32:01] <robbat2> the files were committed already
[19:32:04] <zlg> aha
[19:32:06] <robbat2> with newer stuff than August
[19:32:38] <dwfreed> robbat2: I'm sure Linode would be happy to sponsor some VPSes; they have US East and Asia locations
[19:33:00] <prometheanfire> next then?
[19:33:05] <zlg> sure
[19:33:28] Current subject: bugs , (set by prometheanfire)
[19:33:44] LINK: https://goo.gl/CTX1qO [Bug List: TrusteesOpenBugs]
[19:34:10] <prometheanfire> I think we should take a look at bug 620010 at least, I thought we did that already though
[19:34:31] <zlg> Once I'm caught up on transactions, I'd like to see what we can do about producing updated vector logos and close out ancient, easy bugs.
[19:34:55] <robbat2> 620010 was resolved via bylaws
[19:34:58] <kensington> I'd love to help clean out these bugs too
[19:35:22] <prometheanfire> ya
[19:35:57] <zlg> yeah, the amendment to bylaws requiring developer-ship to be a voting member of the Foundation renders the bug moot.
[19:36:11] <robbat2> that's not the amendment
[19:36:18] <prometheanfire> ok, I'll point to the bylaws Section 4.3. Admission of Members
[19:36:21] <robbat2> the amendment was that to be a trustee, you must be a developer
[19:36:31] <robbat2> section 5.2
[19:36:49] <prometheanfire> I'll point to both
[19:37:07] <robbat2> a non-dev can be a member, but they cannot run for office
[19:37:13] <prometheanfire> yep
[19:37:15] <zlg> can they vote?
[19:37:20] <dabbott> yes
[19:37:38] <zlg> Hm, I was under the impression that they could no longer nominate or vote due to that change.
[19:38:08] <zlg> rereads.
[19:38:10] <dwfreed> zlg: then what would be the point of membership?
[19:38:15] <kensington> Anyone can nominate
[19:38:42] <robbat2> we had this debate a few meetings ago
[19:39:11] <robbat2> the intent of the bylaw amendment was to ensure trustees were very active in gentoo
[19:39:14] <prometheanfire> yep
[19:39:19] <prometheanfire> updated the bug
[19:39:54] <prometheanfire> I don't see any other bugs that need updating
[19:40:31] <zlg> We have prior mail from shadowz.in asking about licensing. I prepared a list of things I think they might need to do to be in line but haven't looked into how I should file the bug.
[19:40:42] <zlg> Should I mail the alias before filing a bug?
[19:40:56] <prometheanfire> ya, I'd mail the alias first
[19:41:00] <zlg> k
[19:41:03] <prometheanfire> we can make suggestions
[19:41:20] <zlg> the most outstanding problem is they are providing disk images from 2012
[19:41:50] <prometheanfire> that's not necessarily the worst thing (as long as it's called out as an archive)
[19:42:26] Current subject: open floor, (set by prometheanfire)
[19:42:38] <prometheanfire> (then cleanup)
[19:42:40] <zlg> well, I just thought about the fact that we don't support it, and since they sell flash drives and whatnot with our distro on it, selling something that upstream doesn't support isn't really good for business imo
[19:43:01] <prometheanfire> zlg: put it in the email :D
[19:43:03] <zlg> I'll go over that in the mail to the alias :)
[19:43:14] <robbat2> i have to go for kids before getting back to stuff
[19:43:18] <prometheanfire> k
[19:43:25] <zlg> np
[19:43:27] <prometheanfire> next meeting is dec 17?
[19:43:30] <zlg> yep
[19:43:33] <prometheanfire> that good for everyone?
[19:43:37] <dabbott> fine here
[19:43:42] <robbat2> zlg: for the paypal pieces, you need to start looking at the metadata on the open treasurer bugs
[19:43:45] <kensington> Yep
[19:43:59] <prometheanfire> k, I'll update the agenda and topic
[19:44:02] <zlg> robbat2: that's the whiteboard stuff, right
[19:44:08] <prometheanfire> there were no motions to update
[19:44:18] <prometheanfire> dabbott: you got the log/email?
[19:44:22] <dabbott> I got the log and minutes
[19:44:44] <robbat2> dec 17th isn't great for me, but any other sunday in Dec is worse
[19:44:53] <prometheanfire> k, going to end meeting unless someone says something
[19:44:57] <robbat2> and i'm no longer crucial to the trustees
[19:44:59] <prometheanfire> robbat2: rgr
[19:45:06] <prometheanfire> still the best option then
[19:45:16] <zlg> robbat2: you are to me, at least for now :P I appreciate the time you spend to get me up to speed.
[19:46:11] Meeting ended by prometheanfire, total meeting length 2770 seconds