blob: f7309979a7318e26c9acd889bd139ec24f64727c (plain
To get the dependencies on Gentoo systems using Portage:
`emerge www-apps/jekyll dev-ruby/nokogiri dev-ruby/kramdown dev-ruby/rbst dev-ruby/base32`
* www-apps/jekyll - The static web engine for this site.
* dev-ruby/nokogiri - A Ruby plugin to add support for parsing HTML/XML documents. Takes action on devaway, mirror information, packages, blogs (planet), and wiki articles (see files in the _data directory).
* dev-ruby/kramdown - A Ruby plugin to add support for kramdown, a superset of the Markdown markup language. kramdown is used throughout this site.
* dev-ruby/rbst - A Ruby wrapper for processing reStructuredText via Python's Docutils. This gem is required for GLEP generation (used by _plugins/gleps.rb).
* dev-ruby/base32 - A Ruby library for base32 decoding and encoding. This gem is required for OpenPGP keys (used by _plugins/wkd.rb).
* net-misc/wget - Downloads files containing dynamic data (see below).
## Dynamic data
Once the dependencies have been emerged, run `bash ./bin/update.sh` from this repository's base directory to update the site's data that is dynamically generated. Expect "LDAP user information" to be skipped on systems that are not directly connected to Gentoo's LDAP infrastructure.
Issue a `jekyll serve` to build the site. Once the site builds it will (by default) be hosted at http://127.0.0.1:4000
## Posting news items
Frontpage news item are built from the `_posts/` directory.