blob: 5348867ae9e493de1276d4faa153b17adbdaad71 (plain
Gentoo Developers have full priviledges to the gentoolkit repository and
any Gentoo developer can do work on the gentoolkit source.
We only have several requirements. If you want to do a major change (i.e
rewrite/refactor something), please talk to us before pushing any
commits. If you break something, please fix it.
All members of the Portage or Portage Tools projects are authorized to
create a new release of gentoolkit or gentoolkit-dev.
All other Gentoo Developers are authorized to create a new release if it is
coordinated with fuzzyray and/or dolsen.
If you create a release and it breaks, please fix it.
Any non Gentoo developers who wish to contribute, the best way to get
started is by cloning a copy of the repository and submitting patches to
bugzilla. Additionally, we can be found in the #gentoo-portage IRC
Adding or modifying code:
- If you add new code, best practice is to write a test for it.
- If you're modifying code that doesn't have a test and you can write a test
for it, please do.
- Before committing your changes to a python file, please make sure it passes
pylint --rcfile=pylintrc yourfile.py
- If pylint raises a warning or error that you don't agree with, it's probably
better to just change your code. If you're sure you have a good reason for
doing what you're doing, you can add an exception to our pylintrc.
Creating a release:
Note: We are using VERSION="0.3.0" simply as an example.
- Run Gentoolkit's test suite, make sure it passes:
Note: requires dev-python/snakeoil
- Create a source distribution (you need to add VERSION here):
VERSION="0.3.0" ./setup.py sdist
Transfer dist/gentoolkit-0.3.0.tar.gz to dev.gentoo.org:/space/distfiles-local
- Clean up temporary files:
./setup.py clean -a
rm or mv any untracked files/directories
- Create a tag for the release
git tag gentoolkit-0.3.0
git push origin gentoolkit-0.3.0