blob: 606d3ef6cef07d6316699a7a24cbdd06a77467e0 (plain
Blender License 1.0 (the "BL", see http://www.blender.org/BL/ ).
Copyright (C) 2002 Blender Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
For teams that don't want to operate under the GPL, we're also offering
this "non-GPL" Blender License option. This means that you can download
the latest sources and tools via FTP or CVS from our site and sign an
additional agreement with the Blender Foundation, so you can keep your
source modifications confidential. Contact the Blender Foundation via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss how we handle the
A signed agreement allows you to do business with proprietary code, make
special derived versions, sell executables, projects or services,
1. The BL-ed code remains copyrighted by the original owners, and cannot
be transferred to other parties
2. The BL-ed code cannot be published or re-distributed in any way, and
only be available for the internal staff that works directly on the
software itself. Employees of partners with which you co-develop on the
projects that include BL-ed code are considered 'internal staff' also.
3. The BL-ed code can be used (sold, distributed) in parts or in its
whole only as an executable or as a compiled library/module and its
4. The usage of the name Blender or the Blender logo is not included in
this license. Instead 'including Blender Foundation release X' (or
similar) can be used, with 'X' the version number of the initial Blender
Foundation release which you started with.
5. Note that this BL has no authority over some of the external
libraries licenses which Blender links with.
Additionally you get :
1. The right to use Blender Foundation source updates for a 1 year
2. Support. Details to be determined by the additional agreement.
You are invited to donate your proprietary changes back to the open
source community after a reasonable time period. You are of course free
to choose not to do this.
End of BL terms and conditions.